Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] shimeir@gmail.com is offline

Default need help to choose between amps

I am going to buy new amp for my 6.5 morel puls component in front
and a 6.5 morel coax at the back doors
Im planning to buy one from this pair of amps:

http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/ea4000.html
http://www.precisionpower.com/amps/dcx600-4.asp

any suggestion ?

perhaps another amp ( my budget is around 200$)

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40 KU40 is offline

I think the crossovers are the main difference in the two. The eclipse
has an 18 db/octave xover whereas the PPI has a 12 db/octave, but the
PPI's xover range goes much higher (up to 4 khz compared to 500 hz for
the eclipse). So if you'd ever want to go active with your setup, the
PPI would be the way to go. The Eclipse also doesn't appear to give as
much power when bridged, so if you ever think you'll bridge it, you may
want the extra 150 watts/bridged pair from the PPI. But if you're just
running them on highs, that's not a concern.

Otherwise I think they're both very solid amps.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I think the crossovers are the main difference in the two. The eclipse
has an 18 db/octave xover whereas the PPI has a 12 db/octave, but the
PPI's xover range goes much higher (up to 4 khz compared to 500 hz for
the eclipse). So if you'd ever want to go active with your setup, the
PPI would be the way to go. The Eclipse also doesn't appear to give as
much power when bridged, so if you ever think you'll bridge it, you may
want the extra 150 watts/bridged pair from the PPI. But if you're just
running them on highs, that's not a concern.

Otherwise I think they're both very solid amps.

KU40 is right. Those are both solid amps and to me it is the features
(x-overs) that differentiate these amps.

As I've said many times on this group, I believe all amps sound basically
the same. However, the quality of construction (MOST IMPORTANT) and the
features of the amp are what differentiates one from the next, IMHO.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

So what Mosfet is saying is that you should save your cash and get the Boss
amp. All amps are constructed in the same fashion.

As I've said many times on this group, I believe all amps sound basically
the same. However, the quality of construction (MOST IMPORTANT) and the
features of the amp are what differentiates one from the next, IMHO.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

So what Mosfet is saying is that you should save your cash and get the

Boss
amp.

That's, of course, not what I'm saying. There's a huge difference between a
Precision Power amp and a Boss amp. Howdy is just trying to get my goat (as
usual).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

LOL

In article , "MOSFET"
So what Mosfet is saying is that you should save your cash and get the

Boss
amp.

That's, of course, not what I'm saying. There's a huge difference between a
Precision Power amp and a Boss amp. Howdy is just trying to get my goat (as
usual).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:

So what Mosfet is saying is that you should save your cash and get the

Boss

amp.

That's, of course, not what I'm saying. There's a huge difference between a
Precision Power amp and a Boss amp. Howdy is just trying to get my goat (as
usual).

And he does it so well...
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I unblock you for ONE HOUR and I see TWO POSTS complaining about me.

JESUS CHRIST!!!!! Just think how many there must be that I will never see?
Hundreds?

Is that ALL you do anymore, post complaints about me?

GET A LIFE, MATT. GET OVER ME.

Or don't, part of me finds this incredibly amusing. I must have REALLY got
to you, huh?

Anyway, I have absolutely no bad feelings towards you at all. Reason? I
never see your posts. Back on my blocked list you go.

Take care of yourself,

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
I unblock you for ONE HOUR and I see TWO POSTS complaining about me.

Why do you keep unblocking me then? Do you love the torment, or are you just
stupid? You're convinced I'm evil and that everything I post is an attack
against you, so why do you expect that to ever change?

JESUS CHRIST!!!!! Just think how many there must be that I will never see?
Hundreds?

That's up to you.

Is that ALL you do anymore, post complaints about me?

Nope. I've posted ONE in the past month, and that was in direct response to
your RUDE response to someone else. Your problem is, in your little reality in
which you are the center of the universe, everything is about YOU. Anyone who
dares to state a different opinion is attacking you, whether they mention you or
reply directly to you, or not.

GET A LIFE, MATT. GET OVER ME.

Get over yourself. It's not all about you.

Or don't, part of me finds this incredibly amusing. I must have REALLY got
to you, huh?

Only in your own imagination. You're really not as important as you wish you were.

Anyway, I have absolutely no bad feelings towards you at all. Reason? I
never see your posts. Back on my blocked list you go.

Then why do you keep UN-blocking me? Why do you get so riled?

Take care of yourself,

Wish I could say the same...
Posted to rec.audio.car
FasDeth FasDeth is offline