Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default Mikey has committed a serious indiscretion

He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally ostracized.

I call upon Arny to do this as well. Mikey is an exceedingly bad exponent of
the ABX viewpoint.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Robert Morein said:

He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally ostracized.

Except for high-grade mockery, of course. :-)

I call upon Arny to do this as well. Mikey is an exceedingly bad exponent of
the ABX viewpoint.

So now you're asking Arnii F. Krooger to differentiate between sources based
on perceived quality? Tsk, tsk, Robert. ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson

Robert Morein wrote:
He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally ostracized.

Why? He is certainly entitled to express his opinions, as uninformed as
they can be. However, what someone should explain to him is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just
the text that supports his argument.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

John Atkinson said:

... what someone should explain to [duh-Mikey] is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.

Mickey is on the record as being adamantly opposed to the taking of others'
property for public use. How now, brown cow? ;-)

Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just the text that supports his argument.

Ah, I see you're trying to lure the Bug Eater into a trap. If he could figure
out on his own which part of the article supports his argument, would he just
throw out a Google net for "abx" and dump everything he hauls in onto RAO?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

John Atkinson wrote:
Robert Morein wrote:
He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally ostracized.

Why? He is certainly entitled to express his opinions, as uninformed as
they can be. However, what someone should explain to him is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just
the text that supports his argument.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Dear Mr. Atkinson, I feel you are not aware of the context of Bob
Moreins message.
NYOB published yesterday very critical (deservedly so) remarks of Sean
Olive referring to the purported views of mine.
Reluctantly I have to requote myself:
" Dear Mr. Olive,
Your remarks have been published with this heading:
"Guess what Sean Olive had to say about Ludovic's remarks"
"Ludovic" is yours truly Ludovic Mirabel
However these strange views were ascribed to me by NYOB :
The preson making the above statement also concludes that your tests
on speakers revealed that people were not able to distinguish better
quality speakers from lesser ones when doing so blind . You will
note that he does not quote. He fantasises about what "that person"
is supposed to have "said" and "concluded"

. The view he puts in my mouth is such a distortion of what I did say
about your pioneering paper on comparing loudspeakers that I feel not
only my good name is at stake but also the debt of gratitude I owe you
for this unique and excellent source. ....
I do not know if NYOB had your authorization to quote your opinion of
what he put in my mouth.. If he did you are willy-nilly in the thick of
it and I hope that you will not leave me to deal with it alone.
This is one representative quote of what I really said (I referred to
your work more than once): "A couple of years ago I challenged Arny
Krueger to prove that ABX will work testing loudspeakers. He could not
contain his hilarity: ""No point in testing. They are so obviously
different that it would be a waste of time" (I'm paraphrasing from
memory but if challenged will find the exact quote) And now
Sean Olive did exactly that using DBT. Lo and behold- the majority of
panelists had problems with recognizing difference but when not
bothered with that knew what they liked.The chapel does not like the
result. No doubt they would do better using ABX- instead of the simple
unsophisticated DBT. Go to it fellows- improve on poor, lost Sean
Olive" End of Quote
And now Act II
"Dear Mr. Olive,
Incredibly today Nyob confesses: "I didn't use your name when I
sent him the quote of what you said"
The "quote" was his lie about a moronic statement that "a
preson" was supposed to have made.
He then he prints your comments on that idiocy naming me as its
author.
If this is not libellous abuse of your confidence then I don't
know what is. "

I agree with you that "banning" from the internet iis not a practical
or desirable procedure. You'll know that neither is a libel suit in the
U.S, assuming that I would even consider that route.
But I thought you should know the beckground of this particular
"expression of opinion"

Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally ostracized.

Why? He is certainly entitled to express his opinions, as uninformed as
they can be. However, what someone should explain to him is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just
the text that supports his argument.

The work was available on the net and I simply made it available here, it
was not for personal financial benefit, simply the sharing of information
that the author obviously thought should be made available to as many people
as possible.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:40:14 GMT, wrote:

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
roups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally ostracized.

Why? He is certainly entitled to express his opinions, as uninformed as
they can be. However, what someone should explain to him is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just
the text that supports his argument.

The work was available on the net and I simply made it available here, it
was not for personal financial benefit, simply the sharing of information
that the author obviously thought should be made available to as many people
as possible.

You really DON'T understand copyright, do you?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Robert Morein said:

He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally ostracized.

Morein is among the last people on earth who should be criticising anybody
for "indiscretions."

Except for high-grade mockery, of course. :-)

I call upon Arny to do this as well. Mikey is an exceedingly bad exponent
of
the ABX viewpoint.

By presenting it?

So now you're asking Arnii F. Krooger to differentiate between sources
based
on perceived quality? Tsk, tsk, Robert. ;-)

As I said, Bob's idiocy has very apparent for a very long time.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote in message
oups.com...

John Atkinson wrote:
Robert Morein wrote:
He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally
ostracized.

Why? He is certainly entitled to express his opinions, as uninformed as
they can be. However, what someone should explain to him is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just
the text that supports his argument.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Dear Mr. Atkinson, I feel you are not aware of the context of Bob
Moreins message.
NYOB published yesterday very critical (deservedly so) remarks of Sean
Olive referring to the purported views of mine.

An exact quote is not a purported anything, you twit.

snip of more of Ludo's lies and back pedaling

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default Mikey must be drawn and quartered

Robert Morein wrote:
He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally ostracized.

Why? He is certainly entitled to express his opinions, as uninformed as
they can be. However, what someone should explain to him is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just
the text that supports his argument.

John,
I was engaging in the hyperbole customary of this newsgroup.
Actually, I think Mikey should be drawn and quartered, after a suitable
confession is extracted via the Iron Maiden.

I am concerned that Mikey has chosen to label Mr. Ludovic to Sean Olive.
This, after publicly disclosing his conversations with Mr. Olive, and
soliciting others to call him.

Quite secondary to this, Mikey seems to think that stupefaction is a
legitimate tactic in the advancement of his "cause." This is nevery the
case. Arny Krueger's his tactics are, at least, somewhat more interesting.

As a social milieu, rao has little to be proud of. However, the
instances in which any of us deliberately damage reputations by
communication outside of this group have been extremely rare.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:40:14 GMT, wrote:

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
groups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally
ostracized.

Why? He is certainly entitled to express his opinions, as uninformed as
they can be. However, what someone should explain to him is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just
the text that supports his argument.

The work was available on the net and I simply made it available here, it
was not for personal financial benefit, simply the sharing of information
that the author obviously thought should be made available to as many
people
as possible.

You really DON'T understand copyright, do you?

Mikey doesn't understand the least about simple courtesy. Mikey has chosen
to waste usenet bandwidth just to annoy. Apparently, Mikey thinks that sheer
annoyance can win an argument. It cannot, any more than controlling a
conversation can.

Mikey is the closest thing to a pest I've seen on this newsgroup, with the
obvious exception of McCarty.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Robert Morein wrote:
He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally
ostracized.

Why? He is certainly entitled to express his opinions, as uninformed as
they can be. However, what someone should explain to him is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just
the text that supports his argument.

The work was available on the net and I simply made it available here, it
was not for personal financial benefit, simply the sharing of information
that the author obviously thought should be made available to as many
people
as possible.

You really DON'T understand copyright, do you?

Not a lot. I have discovered that there is a website that shows the article
I posted is copyright protected and informed them that I posted it here. It
appears I may have to pay them $19.00 for so doing.

It was not my intention to deprive the author of any monies for his work.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:22:21 GMT, wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:40:14 GMT, wrote:

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
egroups.com...

Robert Morein wrote:
[...]

Yep, unfortunately, that isn't the issue.

Hopefully you've learned something. But you're not alone. Many don't
understand the ramifications of copyright issues. Even buildings are
protected. Photographers have to be careful about using images of
certain buildings.

Just keep this in mind. As JA has pointed out in the past, it's fair
use to post a short excerpt and then post a link for the balance of
the work in question.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

wrote in message
ink.net...

Robert Morein wrote:
[...]

Pay them the $19, and don't do it again.
And stop mentioning Ludovic's, or anybody else's name, to people who are not
usenet participants. You have no right to represent Ludovic to third
parties.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Margaret von B.

Robert Morein wrote:
He should be banned from this forum, or at least, universally ostracized.

Why? He is certainly entitled to express his opinions, as uninformed as
they can be. However, what someone should explain to him is that he
should not post thosands of words of copyrighted text to the
newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be quoting
just
the text that supports his argument.

Hi John,

Please remember that we are not dealing with a terribly sophisticated person
to begin with. I'm afraid any attempts to explain things to Mike without a
baseball bat would be a waste of time and effort.

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:40:14 GMT, wrote:

You really DON'T understand copyright, do you?

He thinks its something like eminent domain.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Margaret von B." wrote in message

Hi John,

Please remember that we are not dealing with a terribly sophisticated
person to begin with. I'm afraid any attempts to explain things to Mike
without a baseball bat would be a waste of time and effort.

Cheers,

Margaret

oh, you go for the gentle treatment.
My favorite educational tool, is a 2X4 with rusty nails.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

He should be banned from this forum, or at least,
universally ostracized.

Thanks Morein for showing once again that you are totally
clueless about free speech.

One thing about free speech: Your gun, your bullet, your
foot. BTW Morien do you personally have any toes left?

I call upon Arny to do this as well. Mikey is an
exceedingly bad exponent of the ABX viewpoint.

Given how flawed you make ABX out to be Morien, nothing
anybody says should be able to hurt it further.

As usual Morein, your post is one mess of
self-contradictions and asinine opinions.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:40:14 GMT, wrote:

You really DON'T understand copyright, do you?

He thinks its something like eminent domain.

I thought eminent domain was Romania.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

He should be banned from this forum, or at least,
universally ostracized.

Thanks Morein for showing once again that you are totally clueless about
free speech.

Arny speaks for "the banned"!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

This correspondence IS meant for you and not RAO

I really didn't think you would turn out to be a dishonorable louse.
Please don't prove me wrong, so pleasae desist from further talking about
matters I told
you in confidence. I hope my remaininf confidence in your honor is not
misplaced.

AS far as the insults go, its to be expected on RAO, you know the territory.
I've given and I've received, so have you. I don;t take it personally,
even Lionel referring me to be a criminal sexual pervert. I just let him
go on, and I keep quiet about my legitimate reasons for visiting Europe

Anything said privately should be kept private.

I thought eminent domain was Romania.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

You said:
Thanks Morein for showing once again that you are totally
clueless about free speech.

To clarify. If I sent an email to Sean Olive in which I said this :
"This person says that your test proves that blind tests are
valueless:"
Next I'd write a posting to RAO quoting what Sean Olive had to say
about this "person" and I would entitle it "This is what Sean Olive
says about Krueger"
Would you still reprove Morein for "being clueless about "free
speech"?"
Or might you feel that this was defamation rather than praiseworthy
free speech..
Just curious.
Don't clam up on me now. Your views matter. You set the tone here.
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:40:14 GMT, wrote:

You really DON'T understand copyright, do you?

He thinks its something like eminent domain.

I thought eminent domain was Romania.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

_______________________________________________ __
You said:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

This correspondence IS meant for you and not RAO

I really didn't think you would turn out to be a dishonorable louse.
Please don't prove me wrong, so pleasae desist from further talking about
matters I told
you in confidence. I hope my remaininf confidence in your honor is not
misplaced.

AS far as the insults go, its to be expected on RAO, you know the
territory.

I don't ask people to do me favors and then proceed to insult them day in
and day out.

I've given and I've received, so have you.

Only when provoked. You look for reasons to insult people.

I don;t take it personally,
even Lionel referring me to be a criminal sexual pervert.

I just let him
go on, and I keep quiet about my legitimate reasons for visiting Europe

I'm sorry you think acting like a **** is sport.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

duh-Mikey demonstrates his allegedly above-average IQ.

I've given and I've received, so have you.

Only when provoked. You look for reasons to insult people.

You give us plenty of reasons to insult you. I know there's something wrong
with you. In fact all of the Normals know it. Take that question paulie
asked you, about why you keep flogging aBxism on Usenet even though
(1) nobody wants to hear about it, (2) you have NEVER done any aBxism
"tests" for your own purchases, and (3) as a practical matter, it's a joke.
Your answer was some foolishness about loving "reality", whatever that's
supposed to mean. You can't seem to grasp how ridiculous this posturing
makes you look. Notwithstanding what we all see (but you don't), you still
want Normals to patiently rebut your nonsensical prating with "facts". Your
love affair with aBxism is ridiculous, but you still insist we legitimize
it by taking you and it seriously. This behavior (and your demented
adoration of Arnii Krooborg) cast you as a clown, a mental midget, a
screwball, a whack-job -- you name it.

Sorry you don't see it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
ink.net...

[...]

FOR YOU, ITS SERIOUS BUSINESS

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 07:17:30 GMT, wrote:

[...]

yes yes yes

I really love you stalk me some more please.
let's play classical music together!!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

On 20 Nov 2005 05:48:11 -0800, "John Atkinson"

"John Atkinson" wrote in message
oups.com...
what someone should explain to him is that he should not post
thosands of words of copyrighted text to the newsgroups.
Giving a weblink to the Web reprint is sufficient, as would be
quoting just the text that supports his argument.

The work was available on the net and I simply made it available here...

That is copyright infringement to which you have just confessed.

it was not for personal financial benefit...

Legally, that is no defense.

simply the sharing of information that the author obviously thought
should be made available to as many people as possible.

Your claim of mindreading aside, please note that I am not
attacking you, merely pointing out that you are making yourself
legally vulnerable.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Oh John you're fantastic.
please suck my dick!
thank you
Robert.
501 Edgehill Road
Suite A9
Glenside, PA 19025-1238
212 3888 287
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

duh-Mikey demonstrates his allegedly above-average IQ.

I've given and I've received, so have you.

Only when provoked. You look for reasons to insult people.

You give us plenty of reasons to insult you.

Wrong, I look for reason to discuss audio.

I know there's something wrong
with you. In fact all of the Normals know it.

IOW, all the people who have something wrong with them.

Take that question paulie
asked you, about why you keep flogging aBxism on Usenet even though
(1) nobody wants to hear about it, (2) you have NEVER done any aBxism
"tests" for your own purchases, and (3) as a practical matter, it's a
joke.

Anybody who doesn't want to read about it should killfile me. That they
don't tells me they like hearing about it as much as like talking ablout it.

Your answer was some foolishness about loving "reality", whatever that's
supposed to mean.

No surpise it's a concept you have no grasp of.

You can't seem to grasp how ridiculous this posturing
makes you look.

Acknowledging reality is posturing?

Notwithstanding what we all see (but you don't), you still
want Normals to patiently rebut your nonsensical prating with "facts".
Your
love affair with aBxism is ridiculous, but you still insist we legitimize
it by taking you and it seriously.

It's irrelevant whether or not you take it seriously, it is what it is, one
of the doulbel blind protocols used by people doing audio research. It is
an accepted tool for finding subtle difference. It has revealed that much
of what passes for high end audio is absoultely the same in sound as what is
termed mid fi.

This behavior (and your demented
adoration of Arnii Krooborg) cast you as a clown, a mental midget, a
screwball, a whack-job -- you name it.

Sorry you don't see it.

If irony killed.