Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] wrct@club.cc.cmu.edu is offline

Default The next level in high end audio

I think consideration of the entire listening space has become as if not
more important in moving closer to a live sound experience. I have
always admired the thinking and work found at this site:

http://www.ambiophonics.org/

He has developed over the years a way to more realistically reproduce
recorded music in his domestic listening space.

If his writings and the testimony of others are to be believed his
results greatly surpass any two channel and multi-channel methods. Has
anyone experience directly with his methods?

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Kalman Rubinson[_3_] Kalman Rubinson[_3_] is offline

On 14 Sep 2008 01:10:51 GMT, wrote:

I think consideration of the entire listening space has become as if not
more important in moving closer to a live sound experience. I have
always admired the thinking and work found at this site:

http://www.ambiophonics.org/

He has developed over the years a way to more realistically reproduce
recorded music in his domestic listening space.

If his writings and the testimony of others are to be believed his
results greatly surpass any two channel and multi-channel methods. Has
anyone experience directly with his methods?

Yes. Very effective for stereo sources but not terribly practical, as
far as I've seen. Prefer real MCH, anyway.

Kal
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Howard Davis Howard Davis is offline

wrote in message
I think consideration of the entire listening space has become as if not
more important in moving closer to a live sound experience. I have
always admired the thinking and work found at this site:

http://www.ambiophonics.org/

He has developed over the years a way to more realistically reproduce
recorded music in his domestic listening space.

If his writings and the testimony of others are to be believed his
results greatly surpass any two channel and multi-channel methods. Has
anyone experience directly with his methods?

The cancellation of cross-fed acoustic signals that cloud directional
perceptions is not a new idea. It's just binaural sound done with speakers
and digital signal processing.

Of greater importance to overall realism is the complete cancellation of
frequency response nonlinearities, including those due to the listening room
environment. As an engineer, my idea of true high fidelity is not to bring
the musical performance into your listening room, but to take you to the
original performance exactly as it was recorded, and make the effects of
your listening room vanish.

This is practical, and the results are very impressive. Required are high
quality full range speakers, a 31-band 2-channel graphic equalizer, an SPL
meter, and a source of bandlimited white/pink noise for use with the
equalizer.

When you hear truly flat response with well recorded material, you will be
totally amazed!
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
cipher cipher is offline

wrote in :

I think consideration of the entire listening space has become as if not
more important in moving closer to a live sound experience. I have
always admired the thinking and work found at this site:

http://www.ambiophonics.org/

He has developed over the years a way to more realistically reproduce
recorded music in his domestic listening space.

If his writings and the testimony of others are to be believed his
results greatly surpass any two channel and multi-channel methods. Has
anyone experience directly with his methods?

We havent even fully grasped or mastered stereo yet.. I believe good stereo
to be far superior to anything out there.