Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Turntable recommendations

I've been finding some good vinyl cheap recently (for example, I found
two of the three Harry James D2D Sheffields for a total of $6, some
cool Ella recordings on Verve, some old six-eyes Columbia recordings
for a couple of bucks each, etc.). They are all in mint condition.

I haven't been able to pass them up even though my turntable is in
storage right now out of state. The stipulations:

I'd like a reasonable turntable (under $500) and a recommendation for
a cartridge that will perform well with whatever arm is on the table.

Used is very acceptable if they're readily available. I don't want to
have to dig or hunt for months to get it.

Bratzi and 2pid can respond with recommendations only if they promise
to give up stupid OT posts for a year. And 2pid also has to promise
not to sing the praises of his POS Mitsubishi.

Does anybody have any recommendations?