Posted to rec.audio.car
Greg Lovern Greg Lovern is offline

Default Sony CDX-C6850 CD Player - Disable Alarm?

My Sony CDX-C6850 CD player beeps at me -- six beeps -- every time I
turn of the ignition, warning me to remove its face plate and take it
with me to avoid theft.

Considering that the player's market value is now down to pocket
change, and the 12 year old minivan it's installed in is not exactly a
theft magnet, and we park it in our garage anyway, I am not concerned
about theft, and don't want to take the face plate with me. However,
that series of six beeps is annoying.

How can I disable the alarm?

Thanks,

Greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
BigBob BigBob is offline

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/CDXC6850.PDF
Download the manual then do a search for "beep".
"Greg Lovern" wrote in message
My Sony CDX-C6850 CD player beeps at me -- six beeps -- every time I
turn of the ignition, warning me to remove its face plate and take it
with me to avoid theft.

Considering that the player's market value is now down to pocket
change, and the 12 year old minivan it's installed in is not exactly a
theft magnet, and we park it in our garage anyway, I am not concerned
about theft, and don't want to take the face plate with me. However,
that series of six beeps is annoying.

How can I disable the alarm?

Thanks,

Greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
Greg Lovern Greg Lovern is offline

It says, on page 6, under the heading "Caution alarm":

"If you connect an optional power amplifier and do not use the built-
in amplifier, the beep sound will be deactivated."

Is there any other way to disable the "caution alarm" (the alarm that
happens when you turn off the car's ignition without first removing
the CD player's face plate) without going to an external amp?

According to the Sony, this is how the do it on their current models,
too. I find it very annoying and will probably replace the CD player
if I can't disable the caution alarm (it came installed in a used car
I just bought a week ago). Surely I am not the first person to find
this so annoying. I've never had this issue with any other CD player
in any of several cars, and I've never noticed it in any car I've been
a passenger in, either.

Greg