Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Moved Tweets to Sail Panels; have pictures

I finally got around to moving my tweeters to my sail-panels. They had been
mounted next to my midbass drivers in the doors (the grills covered
everything up).

I am VERY happy with the sound. It obviously raised my soundstage but more
than that, it made my treble much clearer (tweeters pointed at your legs is
not the best positioning).

I can't say enough about my current system. It is certainly the best one I
have ever put together according to my friends (and my wife even noticed the
big difference sail-panel mounting made).

I LOVE MY CAR AUDIO SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!

I would have done it sooner (I had my tweets mounted in my sail-panels in my
last two cars), but ever since I got this car I have sort of been planning
(in the back of my mind) a three-way system up front (with 8's in the doors)
and kick-panels. But, that was when I had my MB Quart PSD216's separates up
front which frankly SUCK BIG TIME when it comes to midbass. As soon as I
got my JL midbass drivers, I QUICKLY realized they gave me all the midbass
up front I could want. I realized a three-way system just wasn't necessary
for my needs.

Anyway, I posted a new picture of my tweets if anyone is interested at:

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2359697/1

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
PG Dude PG Dude is offline

Hi there MOSFET,

Spoke to you a couple of weeks ago about your system over the e-mail. I
was still working on my fibreglass enclosure (I still am,..aarrrghhh).

Your system looks a great setup and I can imagine it sounds even
better. Bringing those tweets up does help no end. I did the same on my
inch mid bass driver. It was lacking in the kick bass department so I
tossed the MB Quarts for a high power Infinity set (100 Wrms).

I now have a new setup with Infinity perfect 6.1 set. The 6.5 inch mid
bass drivers are in the bottom of the door and the tweets I put on the
dash. I now have reasonable kick bass, but the tweets are too
clear/loud for me that when the volume is up, it gets tireing for my
ears. I've even connected my tweets to the -3 db connection on the
filter and the treble set down one point and still they seem too loud.
I am in way way pushing my amp (the PG M44), it's playing at 4 ohms.
Very annoying and I don't know what to do to make it sound
better...maybe experiment more with tweet directions

That Clarion EQ you have decieved me, I though it was a Phoenix Gold
TEQ 6 (it has blue leds also). Do you think the 7 bands is enough? What
is the output voltage of the EQS-750 (I know the PG TEQ 6 have a built
in line driver, 8V output)? Was it easy to replace the leds?

Nice talking to you again.

All the best and good luck with the system

Drew
(The Netherlands)

PS: the promised photo's will come when I'm finished with the system, I
just don't have every weekend to work on it unfortunatly.

MOSFET schreef:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

That Clarion EQ you have deceived me, I though it was a Phoenix Gold
TEQ 6 (it has blue leds also). Do you think the 7 bands is enough?

I think seven bands is enough. Some people might think it is TOO MUCH!!
But I'm a tweaker (not a methamphetamine user, people) and like to fiddle
from song to song. I find 7 bands just perfect for me.

What
is the output voltage of the EQS-750 (I know the PG TEQ 6 have a built
in line driver, 8V output)?

The output voltage of ALL the Clarions (750, 746, etc.) is 6 volts I
believe, which trust me, is more than adequate. I would Definitely not
sweat over 2 volts (6 volts vs. 8 volts).

Was it easy to replace the leds?

No. It was at first because I had them wired in series. This made them
very easy to wire up but unfortunately what I found was that they were
bright when the car's RPM was high and nearly off when the RPM was low. Not
good. I asked the good folks here on RAC about it and they all said "you've
got to connect them in parallel with a resistor". So I ripped the thing
back out and rewired them as they suggested. Now that was more difficult
because it required A LOT more wires (parallel vs. series wiring) , AND it
was difficult to squeeze all those wires next to the buttons so the buttons
still operated and could still retract up and down. But that made all the
difference in the world. Now the LED's are bright no matter what, even when
the car's off.

Nice talking to you again.

You too. Thanks for the compliments on my system!!!

MOSFET