Sonoman

Default Should I notice a big difference between...

Hi all:
I just split my system in two. Half stayed in my car, the other half in my
wife's car. Each system consists of:

Alpine HU (CDA7840 in the Integra & CDA 9815(new) in the 4runner)
Boston Acoustics Pro series in front (6.5 integra and 5.25 4runner)
Boston Acoustics coax in rear (both)
Boston Acoustics Pro 12" sub (one each car)
Xtant 603x Amp (one each car)

The bass in the Integra ROCKS, but the bass in the 4runner is A LOT lower
than the one in the Integra. I am aware of the difference in interior volume
between the two cars, but should this really make a lot of difference in the
bass only? The bass in the Integra is turned half way on the gain and the eq
has it about half way also @ 80 hz. The bass in the 4runner is turned a bit
past half way on the gain and all the way up on the eq settings and sub
level on the HU. What should I check for? Could it be that I have a
defective unit(amp, hu)? I know the subs are fine because I tested both on
the Acura and they work well there. I took it to the shop and the installer
told me that it is fine, but I do not trust this kid. Please advise.