Jonathan

Default Constant-power lead for '95 Corolla?

Hi,
I'm doing a simple head unit upgrade in my mother's '95 Corolla. She has
the factory AM/FM Toyota radio currently.

Anyway, the replacement radio is a new Panasonic, and like all HUs today, is
a high-power one that needs a 15A constant power line from the battery.
Clearly the tiny little radio in the Corolla now won't have a constant power
line that can handle this kind of current.
Now, I'm sure I could do something half-assed, but I like to do things
right. So where in the Corolla can I most easily get a high-current
constant-power line? Are there any spare, unused circuits in the fusebox I
can tap into? Or, if I have to run a line to the battery myself, are there
any grommets in the firewall that are particularly easy to snake wires
through?

Any experiences from Corolla installers would be appreciated!

TIA,
Jonathan

Jonathan

You don't think I need a dedicated lead, in order to get max. power out of
the internal amp? I mean I know it will work without it but the amp. will
clip at high
volume.
Like I said, it's my mother's car, she won't crank the volume, I just want
to do the job right.

-Jonathan

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

mayhemkrew

I install stereo's that output 52x4 (max) in cars all the time without any
problems. You'll be fine.

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

Powerful Argument in Favor of Agnosticism and Athetism Robert Morein Audio Opinions 3 August 17th 04 06:37 AM
Damping Material Question Ron Car Audio 68 April 17th 04 07:55 AM
Clean Power? Dylan X Car Audio 99 January 7th 04 04:02 PM
EASY way to power tube audio projects OvrReactor Pro Audio 0 September 2nd 03 10:27 PM