Posted to rec.audio.pro
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Is the Katz mastering book supposed to have inserts in the front andrear covers?

The front and rear covers have flaps on them that would seem to be
there to hold something, though there's nothing in them with the copy
I got. Is there supposed to be some kind of chart or the like?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

"muzician21":

The front and rear covers have flaps on them that would seem to be
there to hold something, though there's nothing in them with the copy
I got. Is there supposed to be some kind of chart or the like?

In my copy of the 2nd edition, there´s a kind of chart on the back of the
front cover. It´s the chart, that shows relation between frequencies and
music notes, which is mentioned somewhere in the book.
The back cover has only the flap, but nothing in there.

BTW: I bought my copy new from Amazon, so I assume it doesn´t lack anything,
that should be there. ;-)

Hope, that helps,

Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

"muzician21" wrote in message
The front and rear covers have flaps on them that would seem to be
there to hold something, though there's nothing in them with the copy
I got. Is there supposed to be some kind of chart or the like?

There was a reprint of an old music-note-frequency chart. And a CD !

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

"geoff":
"muzician21" wrote:

The front and rear covers have flaps on them that would seem to be
there to hold something, though there's nothing in them with the copy
I got. Is there supposed to be some kind of chart or the like?

There was a reprint of an old music-note-frequency chart. And a CD !

My copy (2nd ed.) has the reprint glued in, but there was definitely no CD.

What´s on that CD? Probably listening samples of some kind?! Just curious...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 6/22/2011 6:51 PM, Phil W wrote:

My First Edition (autographed by Bob) had a $20 bill in there.

just kidding

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

"Phil W" wrote in message
"geoff":
"muzician21" wrote:

The front and rear covers have flaps on them that would seem to be
there to hold something, though there's nothing in them with the copy
I got. Is there supposed to be some kind of chart or the like?

There was a reprint of an old music-note-frequency chart. And a CD !

My copy (2nd ed.) has the reprint glued in, but there was definitely no
CD.

What´s on that CD? Probably listening samples of some kind?! Just
curious...

Maybe there wasn't a CD, which would be why I can't find it. But I lkind of
imagine there was, and I'm not confusing that with my Moulton series....

geoff