Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Large Mechanical VU Meters

I could use a few large mechanical VU meters. What's a good source? Anybody have
any to unload (or is that like asking for a Fairchild 670?)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Frank is offline

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:36:33 -0400, in 'rec.audio.pro',
in article Large Mechanical VU Meters,
mcp6453 wrote:

I could use a few large mechanical VU meters. What's a good source? Anybody have
any to unload (or is that like asking for a Fairchild 670?)

Maybe take a look at the Coleman Audio MB4. It consists of four fairly
large VUs in a 2U space. I've had one for years and like it a lot.

http://www.colemanaudio.com/meter.htm

In stock for $699 at Swee****er - and you get free candy, too.

http://www.swee****er.com/store/detail/MB4

--
Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
[Please remove 'nojunkmail.' from address to reply via e-mail.]
Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Hardy John Hardy is offline

On 6/22/2011 3:36 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
I could use a few large mechanical VU meters. What's a good source? Anybody have
any to unload (or is that like asking for a Fairchild 670?)

You could try this:

http://www.jewellinstruments.com/PanelMeters.htm

I haven't bought a mechanical meter in a very long time, but Modutec
used to have some very nice meters and options. There are other choices
on the Jewell site.

John Hardy
The John Hardy Co.
www.johnhardyco.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bigguy2010 Bigguy2010 is offline

On 22/06/2011 21:36, mcp6453 wrote:
I could use a few large mechanical VU meters. What's a good source? Anybody have
any to unload (or is that like asking for a Fairchild 670?)

Well there is the obvious... http://www.sifam.com/meters.asp

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
mcp6453 wrote:
I could use a few large mechanical VU meters. What's a good source? Anybody have
any to unload (or is that like asking for a Fairchild 670?)

You can always just bite the bullet and buy new ones from Allied. But they
aren't cheap...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

On 6/23/2011 9:07 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article ,
mcp6453 wrote:
I could use a few large mechanical VU meters. What's a good source? Anybody have
any to unload (or is that like asking for a Fairchild 670?)

You can always just bite the bullet and buy new ones from Allied. But they
aren't cheap...

I noticed. I cringe at the thought of how many I've thrown into the landfill or
dumpster. If I can find a couple of 4-1/2" ones, I'll be happy.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

mcp6453 wrote:
I could use a few large mechanical VU meters. What's a good source? Anybody have
any to unload (or is that like asking for a Fairchild 670?)

You can always just bite the bullet and buy new ones from Allied. But they
aren't cheap...

I noticed. I cringe at the thought of how many I've thrown into the landfill or
dumpster. If I can find a couple of 4-1/2" ones, I'll be happy.

You might try Fair Radio Sales, they occasionally have pulls.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
George Ashley George Ashley is offline

On Jun 22, 1:36*pm, mcp6453 wrote:
I could use a few large mechanical VU meters. What's a good source? Anybody have
any to unload (or is that like asking for a Fairchild 670?)

Hoyt Instruments has a selection of VU analog meters with a choice of
"A" or "B" scale from 2-1/2" to 4-1/2 retangular. Sounds like what
your looking for.