Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sean Conolly Sean Conolly is offline

Default EV ELX112 Speakers - any opinions?

(no responses on the live-sound group, so I'll try here)

I've been looking at some budget speakers, and these have caught my ears.
One 12 and a horn passive, and it sounds way better than anything else I
heard for $300. Maybe not the loudest speaker available, but our gigs aren't
that loud so I put a higher premium on a flat response than volume.

Just curious if anyone else has heard/used/broken these.

http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=1070

Sean

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 5/15/2011 10:39 AM, Sean Conolly wrote:
(no responses on the live-sound group, so I'll try here)

Frequently, people in the "pro" newsgroups have little or no experience
with "budget" equipment other than to tell you that you shouldn't be
buying anything that cheap. You might get more opinions (for what
they're worth) if you go to a more musician-oriented forum.

I've been looking at some budget speakers, and these have caught my ears.
One 12 and a horn passive, and it sounds way better than anything else I
heard for $300.

If your budget is $300 and they're the best you've heard in that price
range, you might as well go for it.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Kevin T Kevin T is offline

On May 15, 10:39*am, "Sean Conolly" wrote:
(no responses on the live-sound group, so I'll try here)

I've been looking at some budget speakers, and these have caught my ears.
One 12 and a horn passive, and it sounds way better than anything else I
heard for $300. Maybe not the loudest speaker available, but our gigs aren't
that loud so I put a higher premium on a flat response than volume.

Just curious if anyone else has heard/used/broken these.

Am loving my powered version ELX1112p. Long time EV speaker fan.
Sounds full detailed and loud. Clean even at full limiting.
only downside is fragile paint & the passives are not real efficient.

KT