MyronpetersenO MyronpetersenO is offline
Junior Member

Default How much does M-audio Pro Tools 8 cost with the interface?

It depends on what interface you buy. The idea behind M-Powered is that you get the Pro Tools software with a wider selection of interfaces than Digidesign (Avid Audio) offers. So you can use just about any M-Audio interface to run Pro Tools. I believe that the Fast Track USB will work but here is a comprehensive list of interfaces:
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

"MyronpetersenO" wrote in message

It depends on what interface you buy. The idea behind M-Powered is that
you get the Pro Tools software with a wider selection of interfaces than
Digidesign (Avid Audio) offers. So you can use just about any M-Audio
interface to run Pro Tools. I believe that the Fast Track USB will work
but here is a comprehensive list of interfaces:

Check out some alternatives - many are better in many ways.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl[_2_] cedricl[_2_] is offline

--
MyronpetersenO

With Pro Tools 9, you can use (almost) any interface you want. If you
have to have Pro Tools, just buy the software and then (checking the
approved list of audio interfaces) buy the interface you want and/or
need. Focusrite is making a bunch of nice interfaces and they made the
preamps for most of Digidesigns interfaces. For audio software, check
out Reaper. It's (almost) free.