Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gerhard Snitzer Gerhard Snitzer is offline

Default My First Recording Using Linux.

My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.
You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

http://www.schestowitz.com/Music/Rec...itz%20-%20The%
20Lady%20Is%20A%20Tramp.mp3

More Open Source music by the same artist can be found he:

http://www.schestowitz.com/music.htm
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:19:03 +0000 (UTC), Gerhard Snitzer
wrote:

My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.
You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

http://www.schestowitz.com/Music/Rec...itz%20-%20The%
20Lady%20Is%20A%20Tramp.mp3

More Open Source music by the same artist can be found he:

http://www.schestowitz.com/music.htm

Not bad, but it would have been better with a singer.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Gerhard Snitzer wrote:
My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.
You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

http://www.schestowitz.com/Music/Rec...itz%20-%20The%
20Lady%20Is%20A%20Tramp.mp3

You can make music *that* good using Windows, too. ;-)

Prerecorded backing track?

I agree with Don, BTW.

More Open Source music by the same artist can be found he:

http://www.schestowitz.com/music.htm

Dont think I'll bother.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
God God is offline

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:19:03 +0000 (UTC), Gerhard Snitzer wrote:

My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.

That was your first mistake.

Here is my first client.

He was your second mistake.
And if word of this gets out, probably your last client.

He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.
You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

I sure hope you got paid a lot of money for enduring that noise.

http://www.schestowitz.com/Music/Rec...itz%20-%20The%
20Lady%20Is%20A%20Tramp.mp3

More Open Source music by the same artist can be found he:

http://www.schestowitz.com/music.htm

That's not open source.
It's copyrighted material butchered by some oddball who thinks he can
sing. Even my cat ran out of the studio when I played it. Seriously both
of you need to find another career. Linux sucks for audio but in this
instance I doubt Linux is the problem. I'm surprised you were able to
get Linux to record at all. In retrospect, after hearing this
abomination, it's too bad you did manage to get it to work.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Gerhard Snitzer wrote:
My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.
You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

http://www.schestowitz.com/Music/Rec...itz%20-%20The%
20Lady%20Is%20A%20Tramp.mp3

The vocal track is too weak.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 12:15:30 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Gerhard Snitzer wrote:
My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.
You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

http://www.schestowitz.com/Music/Rec...itz%20-%20The%
20Lady%20Is%20A%20Tramp.mp3

The vocal track is too weak.

Listen more carefully and you will realise it is way too strong.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

Gerhard Snitzer wrote:
My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to
Linux Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the
end. You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

http://www.schestowitz.com/Music/Rec...itz%20-%20The%
20Lady%20Is%20A%20Tramp.mp3

The vocal track is too weak.

Listen more carefully and you will realise it is way too strong.

If you are suggesting that it shouldn't be there at all, I might agree, but
if it should be there, then it is too weak for me to hear it over the other
tracks. This makes it disturbing to me. If I am going to listen to
something, then I insist that it be loud and clear, or I will find it only
annoying.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 6/8/2011 1:19 PM, Gerhard Snitzer wrote:

You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

I thought musicians made music, not operating systems.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Gerhard Snitzer wrote:
My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.

What is with all the trolls this week? Now it's Flatfish again....

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 6/8/2011 1:19 PM, Gerhard Snitzer wrote:

You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

I thought musicians made music, not operating systems.

All Flatfish makes is a mess of a perfectly good newsgroup.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Alan[_3_] Alan[_3_] is offline

On 9/06/2011 7:43 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 6/8/2011 1:19 PM, Gerhard Snitzer wrote:

You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

I thought musicians made music, not operating systems.

Yes indeed and these days operating systems and computer hardware have
progressively less impact upon their abilities to be used for music
recording and post-processing.

Alan
Posted to rec.audio.pro
vdubreeze vdubreeze is offline

On Jun 8, 5:43*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 6/8/2011 1:19 PM, Gerhard Snitzer wrote:

You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

I thought musicians made music, not operating systems.

It's a troll going for hits to the link.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
swanny swanny is offline

On 9/06/2011 3:19 AM, Gerhard Snitzer wrote:
My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.
You just can't make music this good with OSX.

You do know that OSX is just another Unix under the hood, don't you?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Gerhard Snitzer wrote:
My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.
You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

You made a recording using an operating system - WOW ! Linux must be really
great. In Winders and Mac you need a recording application in order to do
that.

And even then it should make no difference what it was recorded or mixed on.
Linux must make perfomers play better, and improve your recording chain....

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

You made a recording using an operating system - WOW ! Linux must be really
great. *In Winders and Mac you need a recording application *in order to do
that.

And even then it should make no difference what it was recorded or mixed on.
Linux must make perfomers play better, and improve your recording chain.....

geoff

lol

actually it makes about as much sense as some "audiophool" claims I
have seen about preamps and cables etc.

Mark

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Mark wrote:
You made a recording using an operating system - WOW ! Linux must be
really great. In Winders and Mac you need a recording application in
order to do that.

And even then it should make no difference what it was recorded or
mixed on. Linux must make perfomers play better, and improve your
recording chain....

geoff

lol

actually it makes about as much sense as some "audiophool" claims I
have seen about preamps and cables etc.

Preamp certainly, and that's not even audiophoolery . Cables not, unless
hugely impaired in some way.

geolff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Jun 10, 3:59*am, "geoff" wrote:
Mark wrote:
You made a recording using an operating system - WOW ! Linux must be
really great. In Winders and Mac you need a recording application in
order to do that.

And even then it should make no difference what it was recorded or
mixed on. Linux must make perfomers play better, and improve your
recording chain....

geoff

lol

actually it makes about as much sense as some "audiophool" claims I
have seen about preamps and cables etc.

Preamp certainly, and that's not even audiophoolery . Cables not, unless
hugely impaired in some way.

geolff

Does the music or player enter into the equation anywhere? : )
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

vdubreeze wrote:

Does the music or player enter into the equation anywhere? : )

Naa. Bad performances should be able to be reproduced exactly as well as
good ones ;-)

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

On Jun 8, 1:19*pm, Gerhard Snitzer wrote:
My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.

The vocal is WAY too hot. My suggestion is to bring the vocal vocal
down about 80 db from where it is, it would solve various problems
with the mix.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Peter Larsen wrote:
Gerhard Snitzer wrote:

My facility has moved from OSX and Logic/Protools completely to Linux
Ubuntu.
Here is my first client.
He is a little nervous but manages to pull it all together at the end.
You just can't make music this good with OSX.
Linux RULEZ!

http://www.schestowitz.com/Music/Rec...itz%20-%20The%
20Lady%20Is%20A%20Tramp.mp3

Filedate on the one I already did save to my webmp3 folder is august 8,
2009. That one also is mono 32 bit 22.050 kHz sample rate. So you probably
already posted this post in august 2009 and now you repost it - quite
possibly as unchanged as the audio file. What's your aim with this?

It's flatfish under a different name. His aim is to attract attention.