Posted to rec.audio.car
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default AudioBahn, MTX or Alphasonik?

Personal opinions anyone? what would be the best brand to kit out a 4x4.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb Brandonb is offline

Whatever sounds best to you. Personally I'd keep my mind open and try
out as many different brands as possible and not limit to just those three.

Brandonb

Jonathan wrote:
Personal opinions anyone? what would be the best brand to kit out a 4x4.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Hi,
I'm actually based in Ireland and the selection isn't good over here. The
three brands above are available on the net. Was looking as to which would
be the best?

Also JL Audio and Kicker are an option also.

I'm more looking for presonal recommendations more than anything else.

Thanks for the reply

Jon

Jonathan wrote:
Personal opinions anyone? what would be the best brand to kit out a 4x4.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40 KU40 is offline

if you're using the net to buy, your possibilities should be endless. I
would say hell no to audiobahn.

what is your budget and what pieces of equipment are you looking for?

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I have no budget, its company funded so the budget is endless. I'm looking
for subs/ amps/ component speakers, caps, the whole package.

"KU40" wrote in message

if you're using the net to buy, your possibilities should be endless. I
would say hell no to audiobahn.

what is your budget and what pieces of equipment are you looking for?

--
KU40

Posted to rec.audio.car
The Lull The Lull is offline

Um, wow.

Completely funded? I want to work for your company.

Out of all the brands you listed, I've heard fantastic things about JL
Audio.
Personally, I'm very fond of JBL, and Polk Audio.

~The Lull

"KU40" wrote in message

if you're using the net to buy, your possibilities should be endless. I
would say hell no to audiobahn.

what is your budget and what pieces of equipment are you looking for?

--
KU40

Posted to rec.audio.car
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

yeah its a delivery vehicle for the company so many hours will be spent
driving from place to place.

JL audio?! An option alright, JBL? they any good? I've heard of em, but
unsure on the quality;

Again apologies, alot of these brands are not able to be viewed in Ireland.

Thanks

Jon
ups.com...

"KU40" wrote in message

if you're using the net to buy, your possibilities should be endless.

would say hell no to audiobahn.

what is your budget and what pieces of equipment are you looking for?

--
KU40

Posted to rec.audio.car
winkenstein winkenstein is offline

Jonathan wrote:
yeah its a delivery vehicle for the company so many hours will be spent
driving from place to place.

JL audio?! An option alright.

i've got a JL Audio 500/1 pushing a 10W7 and a JL Audio 300/4 powering
two (2) JL 6W0's on the rear channel, and a set of JL 5.25" coaxials (
XR525-CXi) plus a pair of XR100CT (tweeters) up front, and I ABSOLUTELY
LOVE everything about the sound quality.

Posted to rec.audio.car
The Lull The Lull is offline

I have two JBL amplifiers, one of their 10 inch subwoofers, and I
absolutely LOVE it.

Personally, I think that JBL is excellent quality - and I haven't had
to argue with anybody on that point, so they certainly aren't crap...

If you'd like to view my install, here's my webpage:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2462751

If you go to that website, and click on the 'Store' tab up on the top
of the page, you can check out a lot of equipment that it sounds like
you haven't been looking at. The company is based in the United
States, but I don't think that they'd argue too heavily about shipping
things overseas... Worth a look anyway.

~The Lull

"KU40" wrote in message

if you're using the net to buy, your possibilities should be endless.

would say hell no to audiobahn.

what is your budget and what pieces of equipment are you looking for?

--
KU40

Posted to rec.audio.car
Flip Wheeler Flip Wheeler is offline

Jonathan wrote:
Personal opinions anyone? what would be the best brand to kit out a 4x4.

Thanks

700watt: Amplified 10'' Bazooka sub woofer , Bass tube® enclosure
design , 1-1/2'' voice coil , 15 amp fuse , 18 dB electronic crossover
, High-level or low-level input
Auto T , Compact design , Built-in amplifier and a wireing harness

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Well, personally out of those choices I would go with MTX. I have a pair of
MTX MXS12's and couldn't be more pleased with the SQ AND power.

Audiobahn strikes me as a company who spends WAY too much on the "bling"
factor (lots of chrome) and marketing. Frankly, the general consensus in
this forum is that Audiobahn is not a great woofer (I know, there's always
exceptions, no flames please).

I really don't know much about Alphasonic's current line-up. But, I guess
my ONLY concern about Alphasonic is that they seem to be an Ebay special
(always lots of Alphasonic subs for sale on Ebay). You can draw whatever
conclusions you want from that.

Definitely check out MTX's MXS Series (or the 7500 Series, they are
identical except the basket of one, 7500, is black and the basket of the
other, MXS, is silver).

Before these subs I owned a pair of six year old JL 12W3's and I can tell
you UNEQUIVOCALLY that these MTX's have both more finesse, more punch
(especially in the 60-80 Hz range, like the lower harmonics of a snare drum
sound "sharper"), and more BRUTE POWER than the JL's.

You can check out photos of my car and those subs at:
http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2359697

Or my own site at:
http://www428.pair.com/mosfet/mtx.html

MOSFET
"Jonathan" wrote in message
Personal opinions anyone? what would be the best brand to kit out a 4x4.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Cool, thanks for the info all!!!

Just curious, the space in a pick up is quite tight for subs.. would I get
away with fitting them into the back pickup part of the truck? Or will this
be pointless as no sound whatsover travels within the cab.. The only option
I can think of is porting the subs from the back into the cabin; Which would
involve some serious cutting..

Any ideas??

Thanks

Jon.

m...

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Personal opinions anyone? what would be the best brand to kit out a 4x4.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] mscho830@zanestate.edu is offline

IF you got limited space there is always the option of using bass
tubes. I know bazooka makes a nice setup to where your able to just use
a a high input off of the fact. radion and don't have to change head
units around and are a good by for the buck!@!!

Posted to rec.audio.car
Troy T. Troy T. is offline

Jonathan,

It depends on what kind of truck you have. Is it a single cab,double
cab or what.Even with a single cab you can get a sealed truck box in
it.I have a 10' Orion behind my seat in my single cab Dakota.JL
audio,AlpineRockford Fosgate,MTX,JBL, and most of the other brands
mentioned here are really good.

TroyT.

Posted to rec.audio.car
The Lull The Lull is offline

Jon,

Another hard question - you'll be quite the expert by the time this is
all done!

Putting a sub enclosure into the bed of a truck can be done. I would
NEVER recommend it myself (and I doubt anyone here will say that that's
your best option, either).

Several online stores sell prefab truck boxes for
subwoofers(http://www.cardomain.com/item/QLCQLC1UTC110 Or
http://www.cardomain.com/item/QLCQLT10012SS [Here's one with the sub
and amp already in it!!---]
http://www.cardomain.com/item/KENKSCWD250T), or you could build one
yourself... Do you have ANY space behind the seats? Is it some sort
of 'king cab' truck? Or, is it a small pickup with no room between the
seat and the rear window?

~The Lull
Jonathan wrote:
Cool, thanks for the info all!!!

Just curious, the space in a pick up is quite tight for subs.. would I get
away with fitting them into the back pickup part of the truck? Or will this
be pointless as no sound whatsover travels within the cab.. The only option
I can think of is porting the subs from the back into the cabin; Which would
involve some serious cutting..

Any ideas??

Thanks

Jon.

m...

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Personal opinions anyone? what would be the best brand to kit out a 4x4.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.car
Dark1 Dark1 is offline

"KU40" wrote in message

if you're using the net to buy, your possibilities should be endless. I
would say hell no to audiobahn.

what is your budget and what pieces of equipment are you looking for?

--
KU40

endless budget eh?... ok, second question.... how thick is the windshield on
said vehicle?

Posted to rec.audio.car
almond almond is offline

i say two atomic apxx 18's with two rf td15k's to each one

--
almond
Posted to rec.audio.car
John John is offline

Mtx is decent, but a little too popular/played out/hyped...
Iirc, alphasonik and audiobahn amps used to be internally about the
same as to boards.
no budget, go for JL, JBL, Audison, Zapco, etc...

For subs, that cut through the bed to cab is usually refered to as a
blow through, except for the cutting it's a pretty cool option because
it's easy to keep low profile and it increases you airspace
dramatically.

--
John
Posted to rec.audio.car