Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default Panasonic SV-255 DAT, opening with jammed DAT tape

Hi,

Anyone know a way to get the drawer open on a Panny SV-255? I've unscrewed
the lid, but getting to pop appears to be a mystery.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound,
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Ty Ford wrote:

Anyone know a way to get the drawer open on a Panny SV-255? I've unscrewed
the lid, but getting to pop appears to be a mystery.

Has the tape unloaded and been withdrawn into the cartridge? If so, find
the motor that lifts the carriage and turn it with your thumb.

If the tape hasn't unloaded, it's going to be a matter of figuring out
which of the motors you need to turn in which order to get it to unload.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 18:58:10 -0400, Scott Dorsey wrote
(in article ):

Ty Ford wrote:

Anyone know a way to get the drawer open on a Panny SV-255? I've unscrewed
the lid, but getting to pop appears to be a mystery.

Has the tape unloaded and been withdrawn into the cartridge? If so, find
the motor that lifts the carriage and turn it with your thumb.

If the tape hasn't unloaded, it's going to be a matter of figuring out
which of the motors you need to turn in which order to get it to unload.
--scott

Tape is visibly not around the head. Any idea where the motors are?

Ty

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
°¤R¼•€•*¦*b€rt°• °¤R¼•€•*¦*b€rt°• is offline

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:32:11 -0400, Ty Ford
schreef:

Tape is visibly not around the head. Any idea where the motors are?

I have 2 of these, and they are rather easy to open completely. That
was the only poss. i used to get a jammed DAT out.

Http://80.126.58.137/
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Ty Ford wrote:

Tape is visibly not around the head. Any idea where the motors are?

Out to lunch with the motors in my SV3700 and DA88.

--
ha

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Ty Ford wrote:

Anyone know a way to get the drawer open on a Panny SV-255? I've unscrewed
the lid, but getting to pop appears to be a mystery.

Has the tape unloaded and been withdrawn into the cartridge? If so, find
the motor that lifts the carriage and turn it with your thumb.

If the tape hasn't unloaded, it's going to be a matter of figuring out
which of the motors you need to turn in which order to get it to unload.

Tape is visibly not around the head. Any idea where the motors are?

The one that does the loading and unloading is probably on the side of
the transport, possibly with a belt attached to it. The other motors
are all underneath.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
G Louie G Louie is offline

That's the old little portable. My recollection is there is no motor for
carriage release. It's a spring loaded parallelogram. I think there's a
simple solenoid operated latch holding it down, somewhere around the lower
part of the cassette holder.

If you are still having trouble tomorrow, I'll dig out my SV250 or its
service manual (mechanically the same, I believe).

in article , Ty Ford at
wrote on 10/15/06 3:47 PM:

Hi,

Anyone know a way to get the drawer open on a Panny SV-255? I've unscrewed
the lid, but getting to pop appears to be a mystery.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 00:04:47 -0400, G Louie wrote
(in article ):

That's the old little portable. My recollection is there is no motor for
carriage release. It's a spring loaded parallelogram. I think there's a
simple solenoid operated latch holding it down, somewhere around the lower
part of the cassette holder.

If you are still having trouble tomorrow, I'll dig out my SV250 or its
service manual (mechanically the same, I believe).

You are correct, Sir! A call to Pro Digital in Broomall, PA confirms it.

Now, he also confirmed that the age of the electrolytics has pretty much
obsoleted this charming first addition to my portable digital recorder
collection.

If you need the SV-255 for parts, it's for sale in its current semi-working
condition.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Jay Rose Jay Rose is offline

On 2006-10-17 04:58:04 -0400, Ty Ford said:

If you need the SV-255 for parts, it's for sale in its current
semi-working condition.

....and if you're looking for Tascam DAP-1 parts, I've got one that
seems electronically okay - it passes e-e signal - but won't record.

--
Jay Rose CAS
tutorials and other sound goodies at dplay.com
email is "jay@" plus the dot-com in the previous line.