Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Why is live sound always, always so #^@!%! loud?

"David Shorter" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:
"William Sommerwerck" wrote
in
Don't bother to apologize, 'cause I sure as hell won't
believe you. The public should be grateful you're not a
practicing psychiatrist.

Phildo failed the first entrance exam for being a shrink
by failing to do what many of us take for granted -
graduate from a four-year regular university program.

Nothing wrong with being a trade-school graduate, but
using that to lord it over his intellectual betters is
pretty silly.

It's a long time since I last deigned to appear on this
group and as is usual for usenet nothing much has changed
here, just the same ol' same ol' in various guises.

Yes Phildo can be a pompous know it all, etc, but then
aren't we all guilty of this at some time or other.

For many, an occasional fault. For Phildo, a life style.

At least Phildo does what this group (aapl-s) purports to be
about.

Been there, done that.

Reply as you see fit, in the scheme of things none of
this is of any real importance.

Right. If you're serious about doing live sound, you'll find someplace else
to go where the topic is effectively discussed. For me, that is PSW.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
George's Pro Sound Co. George's Pro Sound Co. is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
[...]

But you come here just to be a ****ing jerk?
George

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"hank alrich" wrote in message
Phildo wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
I should add, Phildo, that you remind me of too many people on UseNet.
It
is
the utter maliciousness and downright nastiness of your postings.

I don't like bull**** and prefer straight talking. If your hide isn't
thick
enough to take some home truths without you getting your knickers in a
twist
then either a) don't post crap or b) get off usenet.

You prefer your own hot air, blowhard. You are no position to dispense
truth to anyone.

Oh dear. poor Mr Hankey is still bitter over the time I made him look
foolish and is continuing to hold his childish little grudge. Any little
chance to have a dig he takes it, irrespective of any actual facts. I do
hope you grow up one day Hank.

If someone
disagrees with you, that disagreement is seen as a personal
assault/affront,
not unlike being attacked by a mad dog -- and you respond accordingly.

I have a very low tolerance for fools

Then you must have great difficulty living with yourself.

You are entitled to your opinion no matter how misguided or idiotic it may
be.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in

Don't bother to apologize, 'cause I sure as hell won't
believe you. The public should be grateful you're not a
practicing psychiatrist.

Phildo failed the first entrance exam for being a shrink by failing to do
what many of us take for granted - graduate from a four-year regular
university program.

Yet again you make stuff up with absolutely no basis in fact Arny. I have a
first from a 4 year university degree course, albeit not in psychology which
I studied as an open univeristy program.

Nothing wrong with being a trade-school graduate, but using that to lord
it over his intellectual betters is pretty silly.

It's a long time since I last deigned to appear on this group and as is
usual
for usenet nothing much has changed here, just the same ol' same ol' in
various
guises.

You only disappeared because PSW decided to lift your ban on you posting
there and you were fed up with making a fool of yourself on aapls.

Yes Phildo can be a pompous know it all, etc, but then aren't we all
guilty of
this at some time or other. At least Phildo does what this group (aapl-s)
purports to be about.

Unlike Arny who is about as much a professional sound engineer as I am a
rabbi.

Reply as you see fit, in the scheme of things none of this is of any real
importance.

p.s. www.surrey.ac.uk/soundrec/php/tonmeister.php trade-school? nah
don't
think so, not by any stretch of the imagination and that includes your
very
stretchable one.

But Arny doesn't deal in facts, just his own delusional little world.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
liquidator[_2_] liquidator[_2_] is offline

liquidator wrote:

"hank alrich" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:

y. Such as the reconciliation scene in Figaro (which I
mentioned before). Or Don Gionvanni being dragged into Hell. How do
you
react to these? Whether or not you _like_ them, if they seem
superficial
you, then something _is_ definitely wrong.

Concepts of "Hell" in the biblical sense are always going to seem
superficial to me. Same with "Heaven".

--
ha
shut up and play your guitar

He seems to have a bit of trouble grasping different people have
different
views....he feels his interpretations are the only one possible, or at
least
valid. A little mind expansion is in order...but I doubt it will work.

Rather than expand his tasts, he's likely to just dismiss things with a
cursory hearing. There is none so blind....

Or maybe it should be "There is none so deaf...."

However, there are people here arguing with him from an identical
stance, though they adhere to the goodness of different music than he
does.

I doubt the concept he hasn't a "soul" just because he doesn't like this
or that type of music.

And in reality, really loud and monotonous music is something that
doesn't interest me, either. Neither does Don Giovanni. So be it.

Now, Old & New Dreams, yeah, that's good music. g

--
ha
shut up and play your guitar

I don't care for overly loud music either...but as long as it's far enough
away I don't say anything bad about it...

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
"William Sommerwerck" wrote
in
Don't bother to apologize, 'cause I sure as hell won't
believe you. The public should be grateful you're not a
practicing psychiatrist.

Phildo failed the first entrance exam for being a shrink
by failing to do what many of us take for granted -
graduate from a four-year regular university program.

Nothing wrong with being a trade-school graduate, but
using that to lord it over his intellectual betters is
pretty silly.

It's a long time since I last deigned to appear on this
group and as is usual for usenet nothing much has changed
here, just the same ol' same ol' in various guises.

Yes Phildo can be a pompous know it all, etc, but then
aren't we all guilty of this at some time or other.

For many, an occasional fault. For Phildo, a life style.

Oh dear, looks like it is time to take Arnold out of the killfile if he is
going to keep posting his childish little lies.

At least Phildo does what this group (aapl-s) purports to be
about.

Been there, done that.

No Arnold, you have NEVER been a professional sound engineer. You lack even
the most basic skills and simply want people to believe you actually know
something about live sound when all you really do is make stuff up and hope
it is right. Why don't you go back to trying to tell everybody that 95% of
all mixing desks do not havee PFL? Maybe the people at PSW don;t laugh at
you so much when you claim you can set the channel gain better by using your
ears than by using the meters? Do they share your opinion that FOH is
backstage?

Reply as you see fit, in the scheme of things none of
this is of any real importance.

Right. If you're serious about doing live sound, you'll find someplace
else to go where the topic is effectively discussed. For me, that is PSW.

Yeah, the place you originally got banned from after just a few posts. You
certainly couldn't post there the way you do here or you would be banned
again. Of course we all remember you telling everybody I was banned too,
instantly proven as a lie by the fact I posted there that same day, or your
claims that George and myself controlled PSW and had you banned (despite
your claim in the same thread you were never banned) and yet somehow,
despite controlling the board, we were both banned from there.

Really Arny, if you are going to lie so much you do need to keep a track of
your lies so as not to make a complete tit of yourself as usual.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt...ce7aef03d6170c
for anyone who is stupid enough to take Arny seriously.

But you come here just to be a ****ing jerk?
George

He has to George. After they banned him from PSW the first time he posted
there he now has to be very careful as he knows he will be booted off again
the second he starts posting the way he does here.

Phildo

ps for anyone who hasn't seen this, read on. A classic blast from the past:

"Phildo" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

You seem to have forgotten the most important considearation - what
do his mixes sound like to you?

Try reading his post again Arny. He covered that part already:

quote I mean, the quality of the mix is okay, but its not great.end
quote

Oh, it was such a weak statement that it shot right under my feet.

It sounds to me like he's obsessing over something that someone else might
be doing well enough. It also seems like he doesn't know how to do the
thing
that he's judging. If he thinks that he could do a better FOH mix himself
by
other means, then he should know it and say it.

People are saying strange dogmatic things about FOH mixes. For example:

"Not a good way to Mix - I always Tell people that the headphones are for
troubleshooting only. Mixing through headphones as you realise means that
you are not mixing what people are hearing."

Obviously, this writer is not considering the possibility that the FOH mix
is being listened to over IEMs. There's a pretty good chance in a 21st
century church that the music director IS onstage performing, directing
and
listening to the FOH mix over a headset. So, now its always bad to mix
with
phones when the mix is going to be listened to, particularly by the boss
man, with phones?

The next possibility that is not being considered is the possibility that
the FOH mix is being done by someone who isn't in the same sound field as
the performers. In fact, this is pretty likely unless the FOH mixer is one
of the performers.

Let's be real, the FOH sound is not usually all that consistent over the
whole stage. It's not like there's just one mix that is going to make
everybody happy. If there's just one FOH mix, it's a pretty thoroughly
compromised thing, anyhow. For example, how is it that I have two stage
mixes? Well the piano is at stage right about 5' from the performers on
the
right of the stage.The performers at stage right feel they are getting
blasted by piano if there is piano in their mix, so they get a mix w/o
piano. Then, the clav is at stage left about 5' from the performers over
there, and so on.

If there's a dedicated FOH mixer, then he's not likely to be at the BOH,
but
why are people saying such categorical things when in general, there's a
pretty good chance that the FOH mixer is a one guy doing it all, and in
the
BOH (more usual) or mid-hall (on a good day).

I'm a bit amused by such a simplistic situation that there is just one FOH
mix. I have to manage 4 FOH mixes - left stage, right stage, choir loft
and
pianist. The only one that is in any sense optional is the choir loft.
Now,
exactly how I do a reasonble job of monitoring 4 separate FOH mixes from
the
BOH without headphones?

Another thing to consider is the fact that the FOH mix should be a
relatively static thing. It's purpose is to give the performers feedback,
and if someone is changing gain all the time, the performer's don't have
consistent feedback.

Finally, why are people presuming that nobody can translate what they hear
over phones into a good FOH mix? I guess they think that since they can't
do
it, nobody can.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

Unlike Arny, who is about as much a professional
sound engineer as I am a rabbi.

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering, then he is --
legally, at least -- a professional sound engineer.

Where is your congregation located?

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 05:26:25 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering, then he is --
legally, at least -- a professional sound engineer.

Why not if he earns 1% ?

My car insurance classes me as a musician when I do ONE gig :-(
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
George's Pro Sound Co. George's Pro Sound Co. is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Unlike Arny, who is about as much a professional
sound engineer as I am a rabbi.

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering, then he is --
legally, at least -- a professional sound engineer.

Where is your congregation located?

arnii has yet to post about a paid gig as far as we can tell he has never
earned a nickle doing live sound and the opinions he puts forth indicate him
to know zilch about live sound
as far as we can tell he voulenteers to ride the faders in some tiny church
in the upper penesulia of michagan for a congregation of about 100 folks,
and he has made a career out of making himself look ****ing stupid all over
the net, as well as having his pompous ass handed to him, gift wrapped, at
a very public debate
George

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
Where is your congregation located?

Grosse Point Michigan.

Orthodox, Conservative, or Reformed? grin

I think Arny is part of some baptist cult.

All organised religions are bull**** anyway. Biggest con-trick in history.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Powell Powell is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote

Unlike Arny, who is about as much a professional
sound engineer as I am a rabbi.

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering,
then he is -- legally, at least -- a professional sound engineer.

nonsequitur

le-gal (lee'guhl) adj.
1. permitted by law; lawful: Such acts are not legal.

There are zero requirements to call oneself a "professional
sound engineer." There are no educational, licencing or certification
requirements... not even a drivers license.

Concerning the profession of sound engineering requirements,
Arny gave this advice "However, you need to keep developing
your skills and keep up with new technology. Occasional seminars,
visits to trade shows, and reading a few of the industry periodicals
also help." Of course he can't live up to his own low expectations.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Powell Powell is offline

"Phildo" wrote

All organised religions are bull**** anyway. Biggest con-trick in history.

So you're into nihilism or atheism? Interestingly enough
a high percentage of convicted felons think the same way
you do.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Powell" wrote in message

"Phildo" wrote

All organised religions are bull**** anyway. Biggest con-trick in
history.

So you're into nihilism or atheism?

Actually neither although I do lean towards atheism.

Interestingly enough
a high percentage of convicted felons think the same way
you do.

So do a large proportion of people with genius level IQs. Go figure.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Powell" wrote in message
There are zero requirements to call oneself a "professional
sound engineer." There are no educational, licencing or certification
requirements... not even a drivers license.

There are two ways to be a professional. You can be professional in the way
you work and with the skills you posess or you can make your living from it.
Arny is neither.

Concerning the profession of sound engineering requirements,
Arny gave this advice "However, you need to keep developing
your skills and keep up with new technology. Occasional seminars,
visits to trade shows, and reading a few of the industry periodicals
also help." Of course he can't live up to his own low expectations.

It would help if he had any live sound knowledge or skills to keep up. Sadly
he thought he could skip the step where you learned them. He's told us
himself through what he's posted that he knows nothing about live sound. He
thinks you ring out monitors using a CD, that he can set channel gains
better using his ears than by using the meters, that you have to be able to
read musical scores to be a sound engineer, that 95% of mixing desks do not
have PFL, that FOH is backstage and a whole host of utterly hilarious gaffes
that he still refuses to admit he is wrong about because his PPD makes him
mentally incapable of ever admitting he is wrong about anything. Even when
he was pulled up on his FOH gaffe (which he made after several years of
posting on a live sound newsgroup where the term in is daily use) he didn't
admit he was wrong, just stated "I've looked it up online and some of the
definitions seem to agree that it is in front of the stage".

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Powell Powell is offline

"Phildo" wrote

All organised religions are bull**** anyway. Biggest con-trick in
history.

So you're into nihilism or atheism?

Actually neither although I do lean towards atheism.

I would have said it differently, organized religion is an
argument against having a religious experience.

"lean towards"... yea, most people never contemplate the
origin, nature, methods, and limits of their own knowledge.

Interestingly enough
a high percentage of convicted felons think the same way
you do.

So do a large proportion of people with genius level IQs. Go figure.

Why would that be an important notation for you or anyone?
Do you think they have some grasp of truth or the world that
other do not have?

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

"Powell" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote

Unlike Arny, who is about as much a professional
sound engineer as I am a rabbi.

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering,
then he is -- legally, at least -- a professional sound engineer.

nonsequitur

Perhaps I should have said "in terms of one's income-tax returns".

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

"Powell" wrote in message
"Phildo" wrote

All organised religions are bull**** anyway. Biggest con-trick in

history.

So you're into nihilism or atheism? Interestingly enough
a high percentage of convicted felons think the same way
you do.

Even with the emoticon, that is uncalled for.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"George's Pro Sound Co." wrote in message

But you come here just to be a ****ing jerk?

As compared to you George, who are that way all the time?

LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"George's Pro Sound Co." wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote
in message ...
Unlike Arny, who is about as much a professional
sound engineer as I am a rabbi.

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering,
then he is -- legally, at least -- a professional sound
engineer. Where is your congregation located?

arnii has yet to post about a paid gig as far as we can
tell

NOYB.

I'd hate to have my paying clients harrassed by Phildo, as Phildo has
harrassed me at my church.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
message
"Phildo" wrote in message

To answer the other person's question -- your profession
is generally considered the field in which you earn the
bulk of your income.

The issue of being a "Professional Sound Engineer is yet another one of
Phildo's fabrications.

I do a lot of recording and live sound, but I make the preponderance of my
income by other means.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Powell" wrote in message

"William Sommerwerck" wrote

Concerning the profession of sound engineering
requirements, Arny gave this advice "However, you need to keep
developing your skills and keep up with new technology. Occasional
seminars, visits to trade shows, and reading a few of the
industry periodicals also help." Of course he can't live
up to his own low expectations.

Well Powell, how have I failed to do that?

Document it, or admit that you're lying.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Powell" wrote in message

"Phildo" wrote

All organised religions are bull**** anyway. Biggest con-trick in
history.

So you're into nihilism or atheism?

Actually neither although I do lean towards atheism.

I would have said it differently, organized religion is an
argument against having a religious experience.

I am all for people believing what they want to. I am very much against
people being threatened into believing something which is what most of the
organised religions are based on .

"lean towards"... yea, most people never contemplate the
origin, nature, methods, and limits of their own knowledge.

I've had an NDE which told me for certain there is more to this life than we
know. It also told me there are no pearly gates or big bearded god sitting
on a throne being fawned over by angels. That was just some dude in a cave
having a bad mushroom trip that came up with that crap.

Interestingly enough
a high percentage of convicted felons think the same way
you do.

So do a large proportion of people with genius level IQs. Go figure.

Why would that be an important notation for you or anyone?
Do you think they have some grasp of truth or the world that
other do not have?

They have the intelligence to see past the brainwashing and indoctrination
of organised religion and see it for the confidence trick it always has
been.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Powell" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote

Unlike Arny, who is about as much a professional
sound engineer as I am a rabbi.

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering,
then he is -- legally, at least -- a professional sound engineer.

nonsequitur

Perhaps I should have said "in terms of one's income-tax returns".

Arny claims to have a six figure income. I wonder if his tax returns show
that much? Maybe if someone forwarded his post where he claimed his massive
income to the IRS...........?

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
"Powell" wrote in message
"Phildo" wrote

All organised religions are bull**** anyway. Biggest con-trick in

history.

So you're into nihilism or atheism? Interestingly enough
a high percentage of convicted felons think the same way
you do.

Even with the emoticon, that is uncalled for.

It's OK. He's just a troll. He'll go back under his bridge soon to snack on
another goat.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Powell" wrote in message

"William Sommerwerck" wrote

Concerning the profession of sound engineering
requirements, Arny gave this advice "However, you need to keep
developing your skills and keep up with new technology. Occasional
seminars, visits to trade shows, and reading a few of the
industry periodicals also help." Of course he can't live
up to his own low expectations.

Well Powell, how have I failed to do that?

You need to have the skills in the first place Arny and you have shown many
times through your posts on here.

Document it, or admit that you're lying.

Of course you would know all about lying. Still claim you were never banned
from PSW?

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Phildo" wrote in message

To answer the other person's question -- your profession
is generally considered the field in which you earn the
bulk of your income.

The issue of being a "Professional Sound Engineer is yet another one of
Phildo's fabrications.

You once claimed you worked in "pro audio" because you made computers that
had speakers in them. Gave everybody quite a laugh.

I do a lot of recording and live sound, but I make the preponderance of my
income by other means.

You bull****ted your way into taking over sound at your local church then
spent a lot of their money on expensive toys they do not even need. You have
proven time and time again through your posts on here you know nothing about
live sound and are merely a blowhard wannabe with severe mental health
problems.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"George's Pro Sound Co." wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote
in message ...
Unlike Arny, who is about as much a professional
sound engineer as I am a rabbi.

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering,
then he is -- legally, at least -- a professional sound
engineer. Where is your congregation located?

arnii has yet to post about a paid gig as far as we can
tell

NOYB.

I'd hate to have my paying clients harrassed by Phildo, as Phildo has
harrassed me at my church.

Boo hoo, wah ****ing wah, blame Phildo for this, blame George for that etc
etc et bloody cetera.

I see you still aren't enough of a man to take responsibility for your own
failings Arny. You seem incapable of grasping the concept that people don't
have a go at you because they are bad people or because they gain amusement
from it. They do it because you are an insufferable prick who knows nothing
about live sound yet comes on here as a self-proclaimed expert, you lie
through your teeth, you are incapable of EVER admitting you are wrong about
anything and you generally wind people up so much they have to do something
to try and get rid of you. It is the same in almost every unmoderated
newsgroup you have ever posted in. The only reason you behave differently at
PSW is they booted you off on your first day when you tried to post there
before and if you posted here the way you do there then you would be booted
off again in an instant.

You've proven you cannot be trusted to behave yourself so you are out of the
killfile and I am on your case again. As always, you bring everything on
yourself.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"George's Pro Sound Co." wrote in message

But you come here just to be a ****ing jerk?

As compared to you George, who are that way all the time?

LOL!

People are laughing Arny but at you not with you (at least the very few on
aapls who don't have you killfiled). You are the resident aapls joke after
all.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
Phildo isn't stupid at all...but his mind is a lot like a
race car with no brakes...a lot of collisions occur....

No steering wheel, either. And the gas tank is small.

Oh dear Arny, you couldn't just behave. Sadly I got to see some of your
posts so have been forced to take you out of the killfile in order to
counter your lies.

Watch this space.......

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
message
Any idiot can see the guy is simply wrong about
classical music being the only true music.

That is your conscious, deliberate misrepresentation of
what I said.

typical of Phildo's posturing. I think it shows the perceptual level that
Phildo works at. He *really* believes that is what you said, William.

Ignore Arny please William. He is just the aapls resident joke.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
The irony of Phildo chastizing a productive human being for lack of
self-consciousness is too funny not to comment on.

This from someone who continually claims there are plenty of examples on
usenet of him admitting his mistakes yet cannot pull up one single example.

PPD is a serious mental disease and Arny is a poster child for it. He's just
not enough of a man to admit it and seek help. I bet little junkie Krueger
is looking down on his dad and hanging his head in shame.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"hank alrich" wrote in message

We gave our children amazing freedom, Freaked out a lot
of other far more rigid parents. Our children repaid us
by being trustworthy and responsible. Many of those other
families wound up having to deal with the typical, in
trouble kind of rebellion.

Ditto. Similar results.

I thought your son was a junkie Arny?

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
No it's not. It's saying what it says -- that people who listen to
outrageously loud music, simply for the beat, are not people with any
taste
judgment that should be respected vis-a-vis music.

There's a program just been broadcast on the BBC called "Classic Goldie".
You should watch it. You may be able to view it via the BBC iPlayer or
download it from bittorrent.

It's about the drum&bass artist Goldie being commissioned to write a
classical piece of music. I think you will find it very illuminating.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arkansan Raider Arkansan Raider is offline

Phildo wrote:
"Powell" wrote in message
"Phildo" wrote

[...]

And yet you're not an elitist.

Wow.

---Jeff

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:21:43 -0400, "Powell"
wrote:

"Phildo" wrote

All organised religions are bull**** anyway. Biggest con-trick in history.

So you're into nihilism or atheism? Interestingly enough
a high percentage of convicted felons think the same way
you do.

I may not have the figures dead right, but essentially 75% of
Americans are Christian, and 75% of the prison population is
Christian. 15% of the Americans atheist, but only 1% of the prison
population is atheist.

This is because the atheists number the intellectually brightest
(obviously).

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Powell Powell is offline

"Phildo" wrote

There are zero requirements to call oneself a "professional
sound engineer." There are no educational, licencing or certification
requirements... not even a drivers license.

There are two ways to be a professional. You can be professional in the
way you work and with the skills you posess or you can make your living
from it. Arny is neither.

You're singing to the choir. And yet Arny has had real experiences
too. You can't discount everything he has learned and experienced
over the last dozen years I known him.

He's a narcissist, get over it.

Concerning the profession of sound engineering requirements,
Arny gave this advice "However, you need to keep developing
your skills and keep up with new technology. Occasional seminars,
visits to trade shows, and reading a few of the industry periodicals
also help." Of course he can't live up to his own low expectations.

SNIP QUACKING

I think you are hung-up on your personal identification and
commitment to a tail-light (professional sound engineer).

You've only scratched the surface of Arny's lack of integrity.
Unfortunately he see it as trading debate. Your energy is wasted
on someone who is not listening.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Powell Powell is offline

"Phildo" wrote

Unlike Arny, who is about as much a professional
sound engineer as I am a rabbi.

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering,
then he is -- legally, at least -- a professional sound engineer.

nonsequitur

Perhaps I should have said "in terms of one's income-tax returns".

Arny claims to have a six figure income. I wonder if his tax returns show
that much? Maybe if someone forwarded his post where he claimed his
massive income to the IRS...........?

Hehehe... Arny wrote "I have invested $20,000 or more in audio
equipment in say the past 5 years". Unfortunately he couldn't recall
just what that entailed.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Powell" wrote in message

"Phildo" wrote

There are zero requirements to call oneself a "professional
sound engineer." There are no educational, licencing or certification
requirements... not even a drivers license.

There are two ways to be a professional. You can be professional in the
way you work and with the skills you posess or you can make your living
from it. Arny is neither.

You're singing to the choir. And yet Arny has had real experiences
too. You can't discount everything he has learned and experienced
over the last dozen years I known him.

He has learned VERY little about live sound.

He's a narcissist, get over it.

Actually he's mentally ill. It's called Paranoid Personality Disorder. Look
it up on google and you will see he's a poster child for the disease.

One of the problems with that disease is you become incapable of admitting
you are wrong about anything at all, take corrections as personal attacks
and just argue yourself into a deeper and deeper hole until you look totally
stupid. We've seen it with Arny soooooooo many times. He is simply incapable
of learning because he is incapable of admitting he is wrong to anyone,
especially himself. I'm not attacking Arny here, just pointing out why he
can never properly contribute to this newsgroup.

Concerning the profession of sound engineering requirements,
Arny gave this advice "However, you need to keep developing
your skills and keep up with new technology. Occasional seminars,
visits to trade shows, and reading a few of the industry periodicals
also help." Of course he can't live up to his own low expectations.

SNIP QUACKING

I think you are hung-up on your personal identification and
commitment to a tail-light (professional sound engineer).

It is what is discussed on this newsgroup. If Arny gives bad or dangerous
advice (which he does on a regular basis) nobody corrects him because the
vast majority have him killfiled. He is occasionally removed from killfiles
but soon finds his way back into them. Just look at the complete lack of
replies to most of his posts over the last few months except for the same
few individuals who don't killfile anybody. Sadly anything he posts looks
bad on everybody on the group to someone who has just joined and a newbie
might just take him seriously.

You've only scratched the surface of Arny's lack of integrity.
Unfortunately he see it as trading debate. Your energy is wasted
on someone who is not listening.

He isn't listening but it is fun allowing him to humiliate himself. We all
know he puts on a brave face but he must be fuming behind his keyboard and
distraught that nobody takes him seriously with an ego like his.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo Phildo is offline

"Powell" wrote in message

"Phildo" wrote

Unlike Arny, who is about as much a professional
sound engineer as I am a rabbi.

If Arny earns 51% of his income from sound engineering,
then he is -- legally, at least -- a professional sound engineer.

nonsequitur

Perhaps I should have said "in terms of one's income-tax returns".

Arny claims to have a six figure income. I wonder if his tax returns show
that much? Maybe if someone forwarded his post where he claimed his
massive income to the IRS...........?

Hehehe... Arny wrote "I have invested $20,000 or more in audio
equipment in say the past 5 years". Unfortunately he couldn't recall
just what that entailed.

It would have been much better spent on classes to teach him basic live
sound engineering and serious professional medical help for his PPD.

Of course a lot of that figure I suspect came from his church. He just loves
to waste their money on expensive new toys they don't really need. Did you
know he records everything to hard disk then analyses any feedback on his
computer so he can hope to fix it for next week's show? [1]

Phildo

[1] by which time a whole load of variables will have changed making the
work done absolutely futile