Default Where to place Auralex panels?

I have the MAX-Wall 420 and will be recording narration in an echo-y
room. I'll have only a few minutes to set up the panels and recording
gear. Where should I place the panels in relation to the talent and mic
position, e.g., front, back, sides? The Max-Wall looks like this:
http://www.auralex.com/category_max-wall/mw420.jpg

Thanks.

Ethan Winer

I'll have only a few minutes to set up the panels

Put them so they surround the performer as completely as possible.

--Ethan

and unless you are trying for sonic nirvana (which is unlikely in this
circumstance), use a close-range dynamic cardiod mic like an
Electrovoice RE-20, a Shure SM-7, or a Samson Q7.

The tech gods will probably scold me here if the RE-20 and SM-7's
aren't dynamics, but any of these three will capture close sound with
good quality, and reject most of the room stuff.

Mike Rivers

In article "Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com writes:

I'll have only a few minutes to set up the panels

Put them so they surround the performer as completely as possible.

With the mic inside or outside? g

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
Ethan Winer