Matt Distefano

Default FS: NAD Monitor Series 1000 Preamp - $70

I have this item listed on eBay as well, anybody interested in purchasing
can contact me for the item # to buy there, or we can arrange for a direct
purchase.

This preamp has the following features:

- Inputs for phono, tuner, video (does not have an actual video input, just
L&R RCA jacks for audio), CD, tape 1, and tape 2.
- Dual main line outputs, tape 1 and tape 2 outputs, and a front-mounted
1/4" headphone jack.
- Gold plated RCA jacks on the CD and phono inputs.
- Phono input/preamp switchable between MM and MC.
- Adjustments for volume, bass, treble, and balance.
- 2 switched AC outlets, 300W max, and 2 unswitched AC outlets, 700W max.
- Tone defeat and mono switches.

This is a basic preamp, though still very versatile. The phono preamp is
particularly versatile, with its gold-plated input jacks and ability to be
used with both moving magnet and moving coil cartidges. The two sets of main
line output jacks are very useful if you find yourself needing to hook up
two setereo power amps to a single source. Also useful if you need to record
into something that does not have a record volume control--the tape outputs
on any preamp are going to pass the line-level signal straight through the
unit without routing them through the volume control. If you need to
attenuate or amplify that signal, you have to do so at the recording device.
But if you hook your recording device up to the second main line output, you
can now use the preamp's onboard volume controls to cut the signal, or even
amplify it a bit if need be. Additionally, with 2 switched AC outlets,
capable of providing up to 300W, you can turn on most (if not all) of your
system just by turning on the preamp. The unit offers basic tone controls,
which are defeatable (probably how most people would run it anyway), a
balance control, an input selector, and a volume control.

This unit is in perfect working order, though a little dinged up
cosmetically. I've tested all inputs and outputs, and they all work as
expected. All controls function and do not inject any noise into the signal
when being adjusted. The internals are clean, free of rust or dust, and all
components appear undamaged and certainly seem to function properly. It uses
an Alps pot for the volume control. There's some minor damage to the outside
of the unit, including a number of scratches and one small dent on the top
of it, and a few very minor scratches on the front panel. If you place
another component on top of it, the damage will be basically hidden, as you
have to kind of look for the scratches on the front panel. Overall, the unit
sounds very nice. It has that nice warm NAD sound to it that has maybe a
touch more prescence in the low end than most other equipment.

Pictures: http://home.earthlink.net/~mdis29a/ebay/nad-1000/

Local pickup is free, otherwise I'd estimate shipping to be around $15.

I'm selling this unit cheap as I need the money. Payment must be made by
Monday, prior to 4:30PM.

E-mail me if you're interested.

Thanks,
Matt