Posted to rec.audio.tech
Sparkey Sparkey is offline

Default NEED Schem. for Pioneer VSX-4900S

Hello there;

I was replacing the spkr relay in my Pioneer VSX-4900S and it worked
for a moment but the main board was not mounted yet and it moved
enough for one of the temp compensating transistors to touch ground
and it popped something. Now, the receiver in in protection and the
relay won't even fire.

I checked all the B+ and B- and they're all there. Check resistors,
diodes and transistors. Can't find anything bad so far.

I'm hoping some kind soul has a schematic for this model.
Thanks,

Spark
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

"Sparkey" wrote in message
Hello there;

I was replacing the spkr relay in my Pioneer VSX-4900S and it worked
for a moment but the main board was not mounted yet and it moved
enough for one of the temp compensating transistors to touch ground
and it popped something. Now, the receiver in in protection and the
relay won't even fire.

I checked all the B+ and B- and they're all there. Check resistors,
diodes and transistors. Can't find anything bad so far.

I'm hoping some kind soul has a schematic for this model.
Thanks,

Spark

This model is too old for a PDF schematic, except for probably an
aftermarket seller of scanned service manuals, like Justmanuals,
servicemanuals.net, and the like.

Most likely you have a blown channel. Shorted output transistors, open
emitter resistor, bias transistor bad, probably a couple or more resistors
bad as well.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rick[_7_] Rick[_7_] is offline

On Apr 16, 9:24 pm, "Mark Zacharias"
wrote:
"Sparkey" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks Mark, but I have checked all of the above including just about
every resistor on that board.

My fear is that I destroyed an ic somewhere on another board where
signal and protect routing goes through and returns. I don't want this
to be a nightmare.

Spark
Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote:
"Sparkey" wrote in message

[...]

I took some pics of the schematics and emailed them to the address shown
above.

Hope this helps.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rick[_7_] Rick[_7_] is offline

wrote:
"Sparkey" wrote in message

[...]

Mark,,,,,

Got it! .....thank you very much my friend.
This will make my life a lot easier..

Spark

Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote:

[...]