Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default double speed audio

Greetings,

I listen to audio books. Normally I listen to a book in a compressed
time period by speeding it up. The problem is that I can only use my
computer to listen to books "speed up". Does anyone know how to
recompress an mp3 so that it plays back in a shorter time period (or a
wav file which I could then convert to an mp3?) If you could actually
give me a command line example that would be what I would consider a
"best case" response. I am using an IBM R50p running FC3 (*Linux).

Thanks,
William

PS: About a week ago I posted that "I need to be able to determine the
play duration of an mp3 from the command line in Linux. What is my
best option?" and I still have no responses.

PSS: If there is a better newsgroup to post this to let me know and I
will post there. Thanks.