The Alamo

Default Atlas LO-2B Microphone Clips...Any better alternatives than this(crap)

Hello,

We¹ve purchased some 60 Atlas push/lock clips for microphone stands (you
know, so you don¹t have to screw the mic on or off the stand, but with a
simple push and click system).
Anyway, they¹re supposed to be a safe and quick way to secure and change
your Œexpensive mics¹. To cut the crap, out of the sixty we¹ve purchased for
the studio, 56 are failing: the mics just slip off the stand and crash six
feet lower on the ground. (happened to one of our U67¹s...).
Does anyone have a similar experience with these clips? Are there better
alternatives (except for going back to screwing them on)?

All The Best,

Raf R.
Alamo Sound Services

Iain Fraser

Atlas LO-2B Microphone Clips...Any better alternatives than this (crap)I've never had a problem with them, except when they get bent - but if your careful.....

"The Alamo" wrote in message ...
Hello,

We've purchased some 60 Atlas push/lock clips for microphone stands (you know, so you don't have to screw the mic on or off the stand, but with a simple push and click system).
Anyway, they're supposed to be a safe and quick way to secure and change your 'expensive mics'. To cut the crap, out of the sixty we've purchased for the studio, 56 are failing: the mics just slip off the stand and crash six feet lower on the ground. (happened to one of our U67's...).
Does anyone have a similar experience with these clips? Are there better alternatives (except for going back to screwing them on)?

All The Best,

Raf R.
Alamo Sound Services
Scott Dorsey

Iain Fraser wrote:

We've purchased some 60 Atlas push/lock clips for microphone stands =
(you know, so you don't have to screw the mic on or off the stand, but =
with a simple push and click system).
Anyway, they're supposed to be a safe and quick way to secure and =
change your 'expensive mics'. To cut the crap, out of the sixty we've =
purchased for the studio, 56 are failing: the mics just slip off the =
stand and crash six feet lower on the ground. (happened to one of our =
U67's...).
Does anyone have a similar experience with these clips? Are there =
better alternatives (except for going back to screwing them on)?

Twenty years ago, the Atlas clips were solid and reliable, and the Atlas
stands were too. Expensive, but solid.

These days, Atlas seems to be making things as cheaply as possible. The
pictures in the catalogue look the same, but the products are very different.

You might try Black Audio Devices for clips. They may not have anything
but they'd be my first try.