Matt

Default popping sounds in sub

I have a Sony CD player and there appears to be something wrong with it.
I'm using the aux source and when nothing is playing through it the little
FFT analyser shows that the input levels are maxed out, sometimes at one
frequency, sometimes at all of them. there isn't noise at this point,
certainly not at full volume. Then when music starts they settle down and
appear to be normal. This may be from automatic level control, but doesn't
bother me.

the real problem is a loud popping sound in my sub. It does this when i use
an external audio source and the cd player. You can hear the sub pop when
you change the volume. especialy when it goes to 0 and when you turn it on
and off. I've had it less than a year and this problem just started. Has
anyone run into this? anything i can do about it? anything i should do to
track down the problem, in case its not the cd player?

thanks,

Christopher O'Callaghan

Had a similar problem with my old unit (new) unit. bought it, installed
it... popping came from my front speakers which were run off an amp, same
popping when powering the unit on or off and when changing the pre equ
settings. I took it back to get repaired, they said the internal resistor
was burnt out... they replaced it and sent it out to me, I re-installed
it... same problem.. I decided to return and buy a new unit after this,
still fightin em for a full refund as the unit was only 3 months old...

"Matt" wrote in message
[...]

Cyrus

In article cOFoe.10532$Hj.8535@lakeread02, "Matt"
wrote:

[...]

Double check and/or disconnect/reconnect power connections.

Ditto for line level audio connections.

Sometimes helps me out just making a clean and new connection. The only
constant is change and things become corroded.

hth,

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*