Patrick Turner

Default Goodnight Phil.

Time I got some shut eye.

And no Phil, I don't plan on answering any more questions now.

Everyone knows that you loathe having to take the trouble to
be clear as you should be in your explanations of
your experiments which seem to be conducted to make fools of as many ppl

as possible rather than to freely and politely inform.

If you want to call me a criminal for using U meaning permeability
rather than u, you are being petty, as well as demonically, and
obscenely
insulting with every post.

You have failed to convince anyone that the U for GOSS wound in a toroid

is 15 times the U for the same material used in E&I laminations.

If you think you have, you are mistaken, and your efforts were so
ramshakle and
imprecise that nobody was convinced, so you will have to try again.

Be sure to get two examples of GOSS, one a toroidal core,
and the other an E&I core, with the same material, and test with the
same Bmax.

Meanwhile, no matter what you say until you provide indisputable
evidence,
ppl should not assume the U of toroidal GOSS
cores will be 15 times more than the same material used in E&I lams as
you have suggested.

Sweet dreams,

Patrick Turner.

cowboy

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
Time I got some shut eye.

And no Phil, I don't plan on answering any more questions now.

if you continue to interact and converse with idiot Phil, then that makes
you an equally big idiot for giving him a forum for his spew

Phil Allison

"Patrick Turner"
Time I got some shut eye.

** Preferably permanently.

And no Phil, I don't plan on answering any more questions now.

** I never asked you any - ****wit.

Because I know the responses will be totally asinine.

If you want to call me a criminal for using U meaning permeability
rather than u, you are being petty,

** U has another meaning to do with iron cores - go see RDH4 for the
definition.

You have failed to convince anyone that the U for GOSS wound in a toroid
is 15 times the U for the same material used in E&I laminations.

** I see no reply to the I mag data I posted.

It does establish the fact rather well.

Be sure to get two examples of GOSS, one a toroidal core,
and the other an E&I core, with the same material, and test with the
same Bmax.

** Explain why toroidals have 10 to 20 times lower I mag than E- cores.

Meanwhile, no matter what you say until you provide indisputable
evidence,

** The I mag figures prove the point and are are not disputable.

............. Phil

Patrick Turner

cowboy wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
Time I got some shut eye.

And no Phil, I don't plan on answering any more questions now.

if you continue to interact and converse with idiot Phil, then that makes
you an equally big idiot for giving him a forum for his spew

Er, No.

Patrick Turner.

Tim Williams

"cowboy" cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote in message
if you continue to interact and converse with idiot Phil, then that makes
you an equally big idiot for giving him a forum for his spew

What I really don't get is how PT doesn't realize that, if he'd just stop,
PA would've disappeared long ago.

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."

Choky

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

| cowboy wrote:
|
| "Patrick Turner" wrote in message
| Time I got some shut eye.
|
| And no Phil, I don't plan on answering any more questions now.
|

| if you continue to interact and converse with idiot Phil, then that
makes
| you an equally big idiot for giving him a forum for his spew
|
| Er, No.
|
| Patrick Turner.

in this particular case-only your word can't be proper argument.
Phil is sick person ,if that can be called a -person ;
what is your interest or pleasure in communication with that sort of
creature?

.................................................. ........................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Patrick Turner

Tim Williams wrote:

"cowboy" cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote in message
if you continue to interact and converse with idiot Phil, then that makes
you an equally big idiot for giving him a forum for his spew

What I really don't get is how PT doesn't realize that, if he'd just stop,
PA would've disappeared long ago.

This most certainly is quite incorrect because if I didn't engage with Phil,
many others would and the tempers would flare even worse.

I am man who faces up to whoever comes onto the group and addresses their BS,
if I think I need to, and regardless of the wishes of anyone else.
Its a free world.

I don't feel any anger about PA's colourful waste of bandwidth;
he is after all free to appear as stupid as he wants; its a free world.

The situtation should exist where PA can hardly ever get a word in edgeways
because you and all the others have so much to say which tries to be right,
informative, and polite, but without the impossible expectation of 100%
correctness,
or for completely on topic info, or for complete politeness.
When are you going to accept that humans are not perfect?
When are you going to forgive them for their failings?
When are you going to accept friends who have irritating habits?
When are you going to make sure all you say is easily understood unambiguously?

I know I am not always correct. How could I be?
I know I don't know everything.

Patrick Turner.

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."

Patrick Turner

Choky wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

| cowboy wrote:
|
| "Patrick Turner" wrote in message
| Time I got some shut eye.
|
| And no Phil, I don't plan on answering any more questions now.
|

| if you continue to interact and converse with idiot Phil, then that
makes
| you an equally big idiot for giving him a forum for his spew
|
| Er, No.
|
| Patrick Turner.

in this particular case-only your word can't be proper argument.
Phil is sick person ,if that can be called a -person ;
what is your interest or pleasure in communication with that sort of
creature?

I have become immune to verbal abuse and typed streams of
turds directed at me.
I used to get cranky, but I don't now, so I just aim at the substance
of a subject behind whatever its is that is making some dude
bad tempered.

I have lived long enough to witness good men go quite crazy, so much so
that in one case my sister was forced to get a divorce from my now ex
brother in law. I felt no anger towards him; I just pity the poor bugger
like all his ex-friends do.
Sickness *is* something you should allow for in others, and mental sickness
is sometimes no easy thing to tolerate because of the stream of demon
like utterings aimed at any percieved negative aspect of your existance.
There is no need for the ppl I have seen go mad to remain a close
part of my life, since in the real world they can be avoided.
But not here. The percieved nutters can actually have some sensible things to
say.
So ignore the demon, and address the sensible.
Phil actually raised lot of issues about core losses.
Hardly anyone else had the courage to join in.

I expect the grown men of this group to understand
my position. How long would a teacher last if he was made angry by all the
pranks
and verbal taunts of the students which are now normal in classrooms where
punishments
could bring a law suit from a student's parents?
How long would I last as a student if I through tantrums about the professor,
and the homework he expected me to do, or the way he spoke to me?

I know I am lucky to know such a fine band of fellows here at RAT.

Patrick Turner.

.................................................. .......................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM
.................................................. ..........................

Sander deWaal

Patrick Turner said:

Phil actually raised lot of issues about core losses.

He did? Pity almost no one reads his garbage anymore.

Hardly anyone else had the courage to join in.

That's because PA is largely ignored, and your posts are too long ;-)

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Patrick Turner

Sander deWaal wrote:

Patrick Turner said:

Phil actually raised lot of issues about core losses.

He did?

I assure you he does regularly raise issues other folks don't.

Pity almost no one reads his garbage anymore.

Garbage is only garbage. He wraps his messages in ****,
and his problem is that he cannot see that so many
think he is a fool, and he isn't worried that ppl do think he is a fool.
But men of maturity can ignore that; we understand bi-polar disorders.

Being easily offended is a large socialogical problem of mankind,
and certainly of womenkind, judging by the divorce rates,
and who jumps first to see a lawyer about ridding themselves of a
marriage partner.
Men make up for the flipancies of women by being all too fast at
raising a sword of war.....

We are a species with profound inadequacies.

Hardly anyone else had the courage to join in.

That's because PA is largely ignored, and your posts are too long ;-)

I make no apologies for my long posts.
I generally fill them out with sufficient detail
to allow somebody who wants to make something
able to make it, rather than be mis-informed by brevity.

Discussions about audio engineering cannot always be a series of simple
feel-good one liners.

And how is the spring weather over there?

Patrick Turner.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Sander deWaal

Patrick Turner said:

Pity almost no one reads his [PA] garbage anymore.

Garbage is only garbage. He wraps his messages in ****,
and his problem is that he cannot see that so many
think he is a fool, and he isn't worried that ppl do think he is a fool.
But men of maturity can ignore that; we understand bi-polar disorders.

I'm tired of wading through a cesspool of swearwords to discover some
pearls of wisdom in his posts. YMMV.

And how is the spring weather over there?

There's a lot of that sticky white stuff that fell from the sky,
causing all kinds of harm to traffic.

I always felt I was born in the wrong part of the world sigh
Thank God I have class A amps to keep me warm ;-)

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Tim Williams

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
This most certainly is quite incorrect because if I didn't engage with

Phil,
many others would and the tempers would flare even worse.

Quite honestly, how the **** do you figure that!?

95% here have him *KILLFILED*. No sight WHAT SO EVER.

For tempers to flare worse is utterly impossible.

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."

Ian Iveson

"Patrick Turner" wrote

Phil actually raised lot of issues about core losses.

Like...?

Hardly anyone else had the courage to join in.

Foolish is how it turned out. I hoped to get something useful about
distortion due to core losses at high and low frequencies, and how
core material and construction influences them.

Fat chance of that. Shan't make the same mistake again. It's not the
style that offends, but the poverty of content.

cheers, Ian

Phil Allison

"Ian Iveson"

Foolish is how it turned out. I hoped to get something useful about
distortion due to core losses at high and low frequencies,

** Not possible to get information into a block of wood.

Fat chance of that.

** No chance of educating a criminal nut case autistic like Ivesen about
anything.

.............. Phil

Patrick Turner

Sander deWaal wrote:

Patrick Turner said:

Pity almost no one reads his [PA] garbage anymore.

Garbage is only garbage. He wraps his messages in ****,
and his problem is that he cannot see that so many
think he is a fool, and he isn't worried that ppl do think he is a fool.
But men of maturity can ignore that; we understand bi-polar disorders.

I'm tired of wading through a cesspool of swearwords to discover some
pearls of wisdom in his posts. YMMV.

And how is the spring weather over there?

There's a lot of that sticky white stuff that fell from the sky,
causing all kinds of harm to traffic.

Heavenly sperm affecting driving?

I always felt I was born in the wrong part of the world sigh
Thank God I have class A amps to keep me warm ;-)

We are just starting to get cooler days after a nice summer.
Only about 10 days above 30C.
From now to May30, the weather is superb.
Then we get cool for 3 mths, with about max of 12....
Sometimes it snows. My pool used to freeze over a couple of times
overnight but not anymore, so it could be the greenhouse effect caused by
all the class A amps.

I wouldn't mind living in europe; I think the social / cultural life would be
a lot better.
You say the word 'cuture' here and they give you a blank look...
"kulcha?? wozat? " they go.

I don't mind being here though....

Patrick Turner.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Patrick Turner

Tim Williams wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
This most certainly is quite incorrect because if I didn't engage with

Phil,
many others would and the tempers would flare even worse.

Quite honestly, how the **** do you figure that!?

95% here have him *KILLFILED*. No sight WHAT SO EVER.

Sounds like your temper needs further control, no need to shout.
I don't assume a number. I won't bother to survey the group
to find out who killfiles who.
That's a female canine sort of activity, and I think I am
a man.

There have been numerous times when this group has had
users of "colourful language", along with those presenting
spurious abusive themes and threads... its all human nature at work,
part of the tapestry of life...

For tempers to flare worse is utterly impossible.

The group will have its ups and downs and roundabouts.
Sometimes nothing is being discussed except bickering about
the lack of solidarity, or the claim that solidarity exists.

But fortunately, there are greater matters electronic to discuss most days.

Patrick Turner.

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."

Patrick Turner

Ian Iveson wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote

Phil actually raised lot of issues about core losses.

Like...?

Core loss mechanisms, phase shift, just to mention two.

I recall he got rather ****ed about your contributions.

Hardly anyone else had the courage to join in.

Foolish is how it turned out.

Phil is allergic to nonsense.
I try to be far more tolerant; RAT is not a place where
everything said has to be perfect, imho.
I tolerate imperfections, because I prefer to preserve the friendship
with just about everyone here.

I hoped to get something useful about
distortion due to core losses at high and low frequencies, and how
core material and construction influences them.

Fat chance of that. Shan't make the same mistake again. It's not the
style that offends, but the poverty of content.

I think Phil's style does affect ppl's perception of the content he
offers.
he tries to offend in a big way, since he equates what he sees as
technical stupidity as being offensive.
I didn't like being told to get cancer and ie soon, but so damn what.
I am use to ppl chucking tantrums and dancing around in front of me
in an infantile manner.
I had a father who was still doing this **** at 50 and while he was
Mayor
of a Municipality, and to animals placed in his care, since he was a vet

by profession.
I married a woman wityh an attrocious temper.
When she finally flounced off, like a gentleman, I opened the door
for her...
Then when i got to become a building foreman by 25, I witnessed
many outbursts of rage and anger, walks off the job, pranks, insults,
and
even attempts to kill me, just because i wouldn't put up with bull****.
I preferred to right rather than popular, and ppl came to respect me for
that,
because I couldn't be swayed by anger, i would not allow errors in
building work
to be concealed, I would knock down brickwork myself if it was sub
standard,
and I gave no loyalty to bunglers.
The apprentices and labourers I had as my helpers knew where they stood,

and if they erred, I wouldn't sack them, but I would parley
a solution and get things moving again, and that despite some heated
lingo at times,
when most of what i had to say was CALM DOWN!.
Thus way I avoided the pitfalls of becoming embroiled and blameable
for acts committed by someone else.
I had the best safety record amoungst my peers.
Luckily, I had employers who knew they had a man with good ethics,
even though at times I would not side with them either, and
I happily risked my job for my ethics and principles.

We all had good times in the pub with no lingering grudges;
I wasn't one to let the sun go down on my anger.

After 15 years with only one employer I left that fine body of men
and became self employed for clients, and that situation has been fine
for
the last 23 years, and that change to sole trader relieved me
of having to spend so much time fixing the dickhead factor in my work
as a foreman employee.
I have managed to avoid any legal fights with clients, avoid bankruptcy,

never needed psychiatric help, never became alcoholic, and I never
again married another hot arsed shiela hell bent on ruining a good man.
I have adressed all concerns whatever they were, whenever they occurred,

so its in me to continue that tradition here now.
But one can't ever please everyone all the time.....

I might have sometimes forgotten the abilities i had as a younger man;
It could be said that the older you get, the better you was,
but then with age we can consider peace in ourself is all that matters
firstly,
and there isn't any gain to being forever unforgiving, or too easily
offended.
Then the world can rage around in whatever way it wants to,
and there is no point in controlling it, none, its uncontrollable, so
let the BS flow,
no need to react to that, just be cool in ourselves and
stay on tack with a course of reasonableness,
and address the main issues, forget the petty, and make whatever
pertinent
but politely expressed observations one wants to, and hope for the best.

At this time in my life I'd rather share my craft than
than watch the TV like a zombie, because I prefer to have a life,
rather than just watch other people having theirs.

Patrick Turner.

cheers, Ian

Ian Iveson

"Patrick Turner" wrote

Phil actually raised lot of issues about core losses.

Like...?

Core loss mechanisms, phase shift, just to mention two.

What core loss mechanisms were intelligently discussed? Nothing
useful. A practical test should lead to unambiguous quantitative
results, not vague waffle and half-baked drivel. I doubt that fact
that a reactance causes a phase shift, whereas a resistance doesn't,
was a revelation to many.

I recall he got rather ****ed about your contributions.

I didn't notice...I doubt it.

Phil is allergic to nonsense.

He knows he can't tell the difference, it makes him feel insecure,
he puts all that stuff he doesn't understand in the big box labelled
"nonsense", and feels better. You converse because you empathise
with the "don't suffer fools gladly" myth that you both hide within.

cheers, Ian

Sander deWaal

Patrick Turner said:

I wouldn't mind living in europe; I think the social / cultural life would be
a lot better.
You say the word 'cuture' here and they give you a blank look...
"kulcha?? wozat? " they go.

Culture can be observed only from a distance.
The only "culture" I notice around here is MP3s of Britney and Natasha
Bedingfield.........don't even bother to ask who they are ;-)

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
dizzy

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:34:55 -0500, "cowboy"
cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
Time I got some shut eye.

And no Phil, I don't plan on answering any more questions now.

if you continue to interact and converse with idiot Phil, then that makes
you an equally big idiot for giving him a forum for his spew

Exactly. That's why Patrick should be in everyone's kill-file.

Troll-feeders are every bit as bad as the trolls themselves.

Patrick Turner

Ian Iveson wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote

Phil actually raised lot of issues about core losses.

Like...?

Core loss mechanisms, phase shift, just to mention two.

What core loss mechanisms were intelligently discussed? Nothing
useful. A practical test should lead to unambiguous quantitative
results, not vague waffle and half-baked drivel. I doubt that fact
that a reactance causes a phase shift, whereas a resistance doesn't,
was a revelation to many.

I recall he got rather ****ed about your contributions.

I didn't notice...I doubt it.

Well you are indeed lacking in basic powers of comprehension
if you never noticed the monumemtal stream of insults hurled in your
direction.

Phil is allergic to nonsense.

He knows he can't tell the difference, it makes him feel insecure,
he puts all that stuff he doesn't understand in the big box labelled
"nonsense", and feels better.

Not always.

He is often quite right.

But his problem is that he is naturally sadistic in the way he imparts
any knowledge.

He is also grossly inconsistent, accusing everyone of anything,
such as out of context statements, snipping his posts to peices
when folks reply to him, but then he snips the hell out of posts,
and ruins context. Then accuses us all of posturing, while he postures
as a demon.

His problem is that he cannot see the absurdity of his presentation;
he just cannot be cool.

You converse because you empathise
with the "don't suffer fools gladly" myth that you both hide within.

There is a serious problem in the group because as soon as someone
speaks up about something in a raucous and rude manner,
all these ppl run away like frightened chooks if they smell a fox
around.

Indeed I don't suffer fools too gladly, but I also see no need to vilify
someone
personally.
Better I just point out where I don't agree, and sometimes that takes a
slightly
larger reply than the usual dim-witted one liner.

Take the thread about bypassing electros.

I had to give a fair sized sample of where one can get into trouble with

inadequate bypassing.

PA then does his nana, and replys by insult, but he just cannot
counter what I said in detail; it means he has to really focus, and
invest time.
The other posters including the guy who first posted about whether
bypass electros or not would do well to
**examine the big picture** of whatever he was building,
and then decide if he needed to bypass bits of the circuit
here and there intelligently with both electros and plastics, ceramics,
whatever.

Nobody else rose the occasion of giving some real practical advice.

So Ian, I will, when it suits me, and if I have time, conduct
an information campaign as I see fit, and regardless of the
smell of the dirty Allison nappies.

Being a newbie, or a fool is not a jailable offense, and rather
than burn a fool on a pyre of ridicule, I would prefer an explanation
which may lead to some further thought.

Patrick Turner.

cheers, Ian

Patrick Turner

Sander deWaal wrote:

Patrick Turner said:

I wouldn't mind living in europe; I think the social / cultural life would be
a lot better.
You say the word 'cuture' here and they give you a blank look...
"kulcha?? wozat? " they go.

Culture can be observed only from a distance.
The only "culture" I notice around here is MP3s of Britney and Natasha
Bedingfield.........don't even bother to ask who they are ;-)

Somebody once said culture and civilisation diminishes in
proportion to the square root of the distance you are from Paris,
so that by the time one gets to Ayer's Rock, nobody knows what a cello is.

But we have a few europeans here teaching keyboard and strings at the
local School of Music.

Patrick Turner.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Patrick Turner

dizzy wrote:

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 10:34:55 -0500, "cowboy"
cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
Time I got some shut eye.

And no Phil, I don't plan on answering any more questions now.

if you continue to interact and converse with idiot Phil, then that makes
you an equally big idiot for giving him a forum for his spew

Exactly. That's why Patrick should be in everyone's kill-file.

Troll-feeders are every bit as bad as the trolls themselves.

Sooner or later, when you see what there is to read at RAT,
there won't be anything at all, since you will have killfilled the lot.

Have a great day.

Patrick Turner.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:44:15 +1100, Patrick Turner
wrote:

Sander deWaal wrote:

Patrick Turner said:

I wouldn't mind living in europe; I think the social / cultural life would be
a lot better.
You say the word 'cuture' here and they give you a blank look...
"kulcha?? wozat? " they go.

Culture can be observed only from a distance.
The only "culture" I notice around here is MP3s of Britney and Natasha
Bedingfield.........don't even bother to ask who they are ;-)

Somebody once said culture and civilisation diminishes in
proportion to the square root of the distance you are from Paris,
so that by the time one gets to Ayer's Rock, nobody knows what a cello is.

They're confused - it's actually Edinburgh. However, the results at
Ayer's Rock will be close enough to make little difference.

The only real culture to be found in Australia, comes in pots of
yoghurt. :-)

Ruud Broens

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:44:15 +1100, Patrick Turner
: wrote:
:
: Sander deWaal wrote:
:
: Patrick Turner said:
:
[...]
: --

I take it, you don't like the Didgit-redo ? ;-)
Rudy

: Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering

Patrick Turner

Ruud Broens wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 00:44:15 +1100, Patrick Turner
: wrote:
:
: Sander deWaal wrote:
:
: Patrick Turner said:
:
[...]

Sounds like a Swiss wachine machine with a fault in
zi belten whisseur.

Patrick Turner.

: Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering