P Adhia

Default Tape deck occasionaly tries to auto-reverse cassette adapter

I just bought a cassette adapter to be able to play my MP3 player in
my not-so-new 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage. The sound comes out great, but
every so often, cassette deck tries to auto-reverse the adapter and
sound stops for a second. There is no consistency as to when the deck
tries to auto-reverse, sometime it is 30 seconds before it does that
or sometime is 2 seconds. Is there a way to cure deck's tendency to
auto-reverse? Is there something I can change with adapter? The
regular cassettes play fine, so I think tape deck is fine.

TIA

P Adhia
Psych-O-Delic Voodoo Thunder Pig

You need an adapter that is compatible with an auto-reverse deck. The
cheaper adapters don't have the rollers or whatever in them to make the deck
think the wheels are still turning in the tape. When the wheels stop
turning, it's time to reverse the tape. Some decks don't mind the cheaper
ones, but others do. It just depends on the deck. The auto-reverse
compatible ones are about twice as expensive as the other, around $15 as I
recall.

jp

"P Adhia" wrote in message
m...
I just bought a cassette adapter to be able to play my MP3 player in
my not-so-new 1995 Mitsubishi Mirage. The sound comes out great, but
every so often, cassette deck tries to auto-reverse the adapter and
sound stops for a second. There is no consistency as to when the deck
tries to auto-reverse, sometime it is 30 seconds before it does that
or sometime is 2 seconds. Is there a way to cure deck's tendency to
auto-reverse? Is there something I can change with adapter? The
regular cassettes play fine, so I think tape deck is fine.

TIA

P Adhia

old school cassette deck with aux in? Rolf Car Audio 2 February 14th 04 04:35 PM
getting a tape deck to "eat" head cleaner? Dave Smey Car Audio 1 January 7th 04 03:51 PM
Best Dual Tape Cassette Deck? Hank Holman General 0 October 27th 03 04:05 PM
Old Sony tape deck constant turning tape over Peter Doherty Car Audio 3 October 8th 03 06:21 AM
Alpine deck blew my subs! Indiglow Car Audio 9 August 16th 03 01:46 AM