Posted to rec.audio.tech
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

Default De-fading audio

This one should be easy, I just wanna undo a faded-in/out part of the
audio. Hopefully MATLAB ain't required for this, 'cuz my copy arrives
in 2 weeks and I ain't waitin.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] dpierce.cartchunk.org@gmail.com is offline

On Aug 22, 7:07 pm, Industrial One wrote:
This one should be easy,

Why would one think so?

I just wanna undo a faded-in/out part of the
audio. Hopefully MATLAB ain't required for this, 'cuz my copy arrives
in 2 weeks and I ain't waitin.

If the fades were done properly, what you will end up is
a cross-fade between your music and noise of equal
loudness.

Is that what you want?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] dpierce.cartchunk.org@gmail.com is offline

On Aug 22, 7:07 pm, Industrial One wrote:
I just wanna undo a faded-in/out part of the
audio. Hopefully MATLAB ain't required for this, 'cuz my copy arrives
in 2 weeks and I ain't waitin.

And if the fades were NOT done properly, what you'll end up
with is a cross-fade between the music and VERY distorted
music.

And I'd bet that's not what you're looking for, either.

In otherwords, if what you're looking for is to completely
undo the fades and restore the audio to the way it was
before the fades, forget it. Ignoring how you'd try and get
there, what you're asking for is impossible.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Industrial One wrote:

This one should be easy, I just wanna undo a faded-in/out part of the
audio.

There are 101 problems with doing this, not least raising the noise level
of the faded part.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Aug 23, 12:29 am, wrote:
On Aug 22, 7:07 pm, Industrial One wrote:

This one should be easy,

Why would one think so?

Cuz this isn't pitch-shifting. I assume it isn't a science to boost
the first couple of samples by 5 dB, the 2nd by 4.99... you get the
idea. Just gradually raising the amplitude, just like you do the
opposite when you fade-in. If that's possible, then I don't see the
logic of the opposite being impossible. Then again, I'm not good at
logic.

If the fades were done properly, what you will end up is
a cross-fade between your music and noise of equal
loudness.

Is that what you want?

Sure, I don't care. This is a song that starts with the host giving a
2-minute intro that for some reason is faded-in. I could give an ape's
ass if it'll distort a bit, as long as its straightened.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

dpierce wrote ...
Industrial One wrote:
This one should be easy,

Why would one think so?

It's "industrial one", why would one expect anything logical?
Perhaps "Radium" on new meds (and a new alias).

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Chronic Philharmonic Chronic Philharmonic is offline

"Industrial One" wrote in message
This one should be easy, I just wanna undo a faded-in/out part of the
audio. Hopefully MATLAB ain't required for this, 'cuz my copy arrives
in 2 weeks and I ain't waitin.

If the original audio is properly dithered, it will fade down into noise.
When you de-fade it, you will end up with noise, not the original sound.

If the original audio is not properly dithered, it will fade down into
distortion. When you de-fade it, you will end up with distortion, not the
original sound.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

On Aug 23, 2:34 am, "Chronic Philharmonic"
wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote in message

This one should be easy, I just wanna undo a faded-in/out part of the
audio. Hopefully MATLAB ain't required for this, 'cuz my copy arrives
in 2 weeks and I ain't waitin.

If the original audio is properly dithered, it will fade down into noise.
When you de-fade it, you will end up with noise, not the original sound.

If the original audio is not properly dithered, it will fade down into
distortion. When you de-fade it, you will end up with distortion, not the
original sound.

Only at the very beginning where the signal may be close to the
amplitude of the noise which is like... 3 seconds. Wow. After that,
the signal is way above the volume of the noise floor, so I don't see
why you're so convinced that it'll scuzz my song up.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote in message

This one should be easy, I just wanna undo a faded-in/out part of the
audio. Hopefully MATLAB ain't required for this, 'cuz my copy arrives
in 2 weeks and I ain't waitin.

If the original audio is properly dithered, it will fade down into noise.
When you de-fade it, you will end up with noise, not the original sound.

If the original audio is not properly dithered, it will fade down into
distortion. When you de-fade it, you will end up with distortion, not the
original sound.

Only at the very beginning where the signal may be close to the
amplitude of the noise which is like... 3 seconds. Wow. After that,
the signal is way above the volume of the noise floor, so I don't see
why you're so convinced that it'll scuzz my song up.

You didn't say how far down into the scuzz you were trying to reach. As long
as the signal-to-scuzz ratio is large enough, the sound quality might be
quite acceptable to you.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Industrial One wrote:

Only at the very beginning where the signal may be close to the
amplitude of the noise which is like... 3 seconds. Wow. After that,
the signal is way above the volume of the noise floor, so I don't see
why you're so convinced that it'll scuzz my song up.

You need to supply DETAILS big time or *no-one* will be able to help you.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Industrial One wrote:

On Aug 23, 12:29 am, wrote:
On Aug 22, 7:07 pm, Industrial One wrote:

This one should be easy,

Why would one think so?

Cuz this isn't pitch-shifting. I assume it isn't a science to boost
the first couple of samples by 5 dB, the 2nd by 4.99... you get the
idea. Just gradually raising the amplitude, just like you do the
opposite when you fade-in. If that's possible, then I don't see the
logic of the opposite being impossible. Then again, I'm not good at
logic.

Or audio it would seem.

How deep is the fade ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:

dpierce wrote ...
Industrial One wrote:
This one should be easy,

Why would one think so?

It's "industrial one", why would one expect anything logical?
Perhaps "Radium" on new meds (and a new alias).

Come to think of it, it's very much his style. Well spotted.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
news
dpierce wrote ...
Industrial One wrote:
This one should be easy,

Why would one think so?

It's "industrial one", why would one expect anything logical?
Perhaps "Radium" on new meds (and a new alias).

Radium doesn't use that kind of language. Possibly another Asbergers'
though.

Jakdedert seems to be knowledgeable on such matters around here.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Industrial One wrote:

Aight, I'll provide a sample, y'all have the necessary codecs
installed to play MP4s, right? If not, i'll post an MP3.

OT: 'Thought I'd give a tip for Assclowney and the several autofags
with **** cancer that he seems to attract to every one of my threads.

I didn't seee Phyllis post to this thread !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Industrial One wrote:

Aight, I'll provide a sample, y'all have the necessary codecs
installed to play MP4s, right? If not, i'll post an MP3.

No, .wav. But considering the rest of your post: don't bother.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Industrial One[_2_] Industrial One[_2_] is offline

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 01:41:29 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

I didn't seee Phyllis post to this thread !

Graham

Suck my cock you faggot bitch!
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Hugh Janus Hugh Janus is offline

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 04:56:27 -0800, Industrial One wrote:

The usual homophobic crap.

Far from insulting the poster to whom you are replying;
these statements reveal your own inner fears.
"Me, Industrial One gay? Never! look how I accuse others
of this, as being thought of as gay isthe vilest thing imaginable and
if I'm always saying others are then I can't be, can I?"

And give it a rest with the follow ups
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Hugh Janus wrote:

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 04:56:27 -0800, Industrial One wrote:

The usual homophobic crap.

Far from insulting the poster to whom you are replying;
these statements reveal your own inner fears.
"Me, Industrial One gay? Never! look how I accuse others
of this, as being thought of as gay isthe vilest thing imaginable and
if I'm always saying others are then I can't be, can I?"

And give it a rest with the follow ups

What a bizarre response from him !

No more help from me for sure.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

Let's just say I had feuds with one of those freaks before when one
came onto my gal's best friend 'cuz he interpreted "**** off" as "I'm
wet for your cock, baby" in his own messed up mind. Apparently, the
only way to effectively communicate with 'em is to get really rough
which kinda sucks since there are more worthwhile assholes on my
****list worth pounding. But I'm being unfair, it ain't their fault
they got parents with **** for brains who raised them to be not human.

Anyway, here's the sample: http://www.zshare.net/audio/1763840498448aba/

Don't let me down.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Industrial One wrote:

Let's just say I had feuds with one of those freaks before when one
came onto my gal's best friend 'cuz he interpreted "**** off" as "I'm
wet for your cock, baby" in his own messed up mind

**** OFF

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Industrial One[_2_] Industrial One[_2_] is offline

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 03:43:24 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

**** OFF

Masterbate my cock with your butt cheeks you faggot.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Serge Auckland[_2_] Serge Auckland[_2_] is offline

"Industrial One" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 03:43:24 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

**** OFF

Masterbate my cock with your butt cheeks you faggot.

It's spelt masturbate.....If you're going to be offensive, at least get the
spelling right.

S.
--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

On Aug 26, 10:26 am, "Serge Auckland"
wrote:
"Industrial One" wrote in message

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 03:43:24 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

**** OFF

Masterbate my cock with your butt cheeks you faggot.

It's spelt masturbate.....If you're going to be offensive, at least get the
spelling right.

S.
--http://audiopages.googlepages.com

Cut him some slack, he's like 14.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Industrial One Industrial One is offline

On 25 Sep., 18:55, I. Care wrote:
In article a3d1c7e2-5e78-4625-9e11-9785579bef90
@k36g2000pri.googlegroups.com, says... Cut him some slack, he's like 14.

Is he 14, or is he acting like 14?
--
I. Care

I bought this e-mail account from a 14yo jackmaster, and he's been
****ed at me ever since I refused to return it. Tho I probably should,
this ****ing account gets spammed with hentai pictures of ****ting
dicknipples all the time. So yeah, this is probably him. Or some
dickhole I ****ed off in comp.compression.