BLCKOUT420

Default WARNING- EBAY API CONSOLE SCAM

Anybody who falls for the Western Union scam should know better by now, its
been said enough times that if Western Union is used as the choice of payment,
its a fraud.
5016

(MHLINE) wrote in message ...
A warning to anyone who tried to bid on an API Recording console item #
2366573697 listed by
. The seller set the auction up so you
could only bid if you e-mailed him for "approval" which ebay allows. His plan
was to gather a list of potential suckers and then defraud them outside of
ebay.

I contacted ebay and they agreed that the auction was a scam and it was
removed . However the "seller" is now contacting those that e-mailed him and
offering the console at a cheap price. Then he sends an official looking fake
ebay e-mail from the "ebay safety board" which purports to be an ebay owned
escrow service asking that you send him payment via Western Union.

I have checked with ebay and there is no such thing as the ebay safety board
and the escrow "service" is indeed a fake. The tipoff is the use of Western
Union and the bad grammer in the request for payment.

If you receive a similar e-mail forward it to
.

There are a lot of this sort of scam on ebay right now, but ebay doesn't like
to be too public about the problem since it would hurt their business and
profit.

Keep in mind that you should never ever pay for something via Western Union and
that if something looks too good (cheap) to be true it is probably a scam.

That was the 24 channel api for $1700 with no reserve, with "private"
bidder lists you couldn't see, and no feedback, asking for money to be
sent to Indonesia, right? Amazing to think that you can't get a decent
API for $75 a channel, right?

Anyone falling for this deserves to lose their money.

Happy holidays......

MHLINE

Actually the "seller" was supposed to be in Richmond Va. I just wanted to see
what the scam was, and I must say the fake ebay escrow site was a doozy
especially the bad english in the instructions which gave the whole thing away.
Have to say it was just good enough that someone might have fallen for it.

I do want to ask ebay to explain why they allow this sort of restricted auction
since it allows someone to get a nice e-mail list of "buyers" w/out ever
accepting a bid. Seems like ebay is helping the scammers if you ask me......

Anyonw know where the picture of the console was swiped from?

Warning to ebay shoppers! George M. Middius Audio Opinions 10 January 23rd 04 01:00 PM
WARNING- ebay scam API console MHLINE Pro Audio 0 December 20th 03 12:48 AM
Ebay Scam WillStG Pro Audio 21 December 14th 03 08:23 PM
Yet another eBay scam? Stolen ID? Chris Coleman Pro Audio 6 September 9th 03 07:59 PM
WARNING To eBay Users Rob Adelman Pro Audio 14 August 22nd 03 04:47 PM