Posted to rec.audio.high-end
dave dave is offline

Default Best Venue for Selling High-End Audio items online?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a really good site for selling high-end audio
products online? I have an eBay store but for some reason I don't think
there are as many audiophiles spending money on there as I see a lot of
stuff that doesn't get a good price. Are there similar sites for online
selling of high-end items? I just have a few personal items to sell and I
want to get a decent return on them, I'm not an audio dealer.

Dave
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] victim_of_hype@yahoo.com is offline

On 15 Nov 2006 23:59:02 GMT, "dave" wrote:

I was wondering if there is a really good site for selling high-end audio
products online?

http://www.audiogon.com

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

dave wrote:

I have an eBay store but for some reason..... snip

I just have a few personal items to sell and I
want to get a decent return on them, I'm not an audio dealer.

Why is it that I have a very hard time making sense of the two
statements above?

With respect: eBay has the exposure, the reach and the following to be
the best place to sell any commodity bar-none where the buyer does not
get the opportunity to kick the tires before receiving the goods.

Accordingly, if you are not getting the "return" (AKA "Profit") you
desire any of the following is possible if not likely:

a) your reserve is simply too high.
b) your expectations exceed the market.
c) your feedback rating is not so hot.
d) your goods are not as desireable as you think they are.
e) all of the above.

There are _MANY_ other venues. A simple google search will get you to
them. These range from Audiogon to Craig's List. They each have their
advocates.

Writing only for myself, I do not purchase high-end from *any* on-line
venue unless:

1) I bid no more than I would pay for a brown paper bag of
miscellaneous parts faintly resembling the item.
2) I know the seller directly.

On the other hand, your mileage may vary.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
record hunter record hunter is offline

dave wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a really good site for selling high-end audio
products online? I have an eBay store but for some reason I don't think
there are as many audiophiles spending money on there as I see a lot of
stuff that doesn't get a good price. Are there similar sites for online
selling of high-end items? I just have a few personal items to sell and I
want to get a decent return on them, I'm not an audio dealer.

Dave

www.audiogon.com

What are you selling?

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

dave wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a really good site for selling high-end audio
products online? I have an eBay store but for some reason I don't think
there are as many audiophiles spending money on there as I see a lot of
stuff that doesn't get a good price. Are there similar sites for online
selling of high-end items? I just have a few personal items to sell and I
want to get a decent return on them, I'm not an audio dealer.

Dave

audiogon.com

___
-S
"As human beings, we understand the world through simile, analogy,
metaphor, narrative and, sometimes, claymation." - B. Mason
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"dave" wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a really good site for selling high-end audio
products online? I have an eBay store but for some reason I don't think
there are as many audiophiles spending money on there as I see a lot of
stuff that doesn't get a good price. Are there similar sites for online
selling of high-end items? I just have a few personal items to sell and I
want to get a decent return on them, I'm not an audio dealer.

Dave

What you want is Audiogon. www.audiogon.com

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] 1shado1@sbcglobal.net is offline

dave wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a really good site for selling high-end audio
products online? I have an eBay store but for some reason I don't think
there are as many audiophiles spending money on there as I see a lot of
stuff that doesn't get a good price. Are there similar sites for online
selling of high-end items? I just have a few personal items to sell and I
want to get a decent return on them, I'm not an audio dealer.

Dave

Have you considered Audiogon? Or just sell them on ebay, but set a
reserve price.

Jeff