Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ken Long Ken Long is offline

Default DYMA Engineering audio DA

DYMA Engineering used to make audio distribution amplifiers for the
broadcast market. Some people called them "homemade" but they were
actually built on a very small production line in Los Lunas, NM. I
helped design them and I used to build them for the company. I've been
doing eBay searches off and on for several years looking for one for
my history shelf but I've never come across one. If you happen to have
one in your junkbox that you don't want anymore, I'd be glad to pay
shipping. I'm really only interested in the individual modules, not a
whole cage full but if that's what you got, we might be able to work
something out.

There were two or three different models plus a power amplifer. I'd
love to get one of each.

Thanks,
Ken Long
Albuquerque

-- Interested in New Mexico? Come visit us at
-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nmgeneral/
Posted to rec.audio.pro
High Plains Thumper High Plains Thumper is offline

Ken Long wrote:

DYMA Engineering used to make audio distribution amplifiers for the
broadcast market. Some people called them "homemade" but they were
actually built on a very small production line in Los Lunas, NM. I
helped design them and I used to build them for the company. I've been
doing eBay searches off and on for several years looking for one for
my history shelf but I've never come across one. If you happen to have
one in your junkbox that you don't want anymore, I'd be glad to pay
shipping. I'm really only interested in the individual modules, not a
whole cage full but if that's what you got, we might be able to work
something out.

There were two or three different models plus a power amplifer. I'd
love to get one of each.

How's it going Ken, long time no hear. I haven't spent much time
in Reeky as of late. Stumbled onto RAP when a troll crossposted
to RAP a reply to my post from comp.os.linux.advocacy, in his
attempt to slam Linux. Still have my 1987 Savage.

Last time I worked with electronics assembly was when I was
working at the Bekesey Laboratory of Neurobiology at the
University of Hawaii in the early '80s. Put together nano-volt
level amplifiers for neurobiology surgical experiments on
arthropods. Took the schematic and designed/fabricated circuit
boards, case, procured parts and put it together.

http://www.dymaengineering.com/ website doesn't work, did they go
out of business? Sounds like you did some interesting work.

--
HPT
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] kenglong@comcast.net is offline

Ken Long wrote:
[...]

Don't know how I missed this the first time around. Wow, only 4 months
late on the reply, I'm getting better!

The original owner of DYMA Engineering passed away from a heart attack
around 1996 or so. The company name was sold to someone in Albuquerque
who used it for awhile. I lost track of it then and don't know who, what
or where since then. It was quite the little company for several
decades. I was with them only for about 5 years but they had a colorful
history before I joined them.

Your nano-volt work must have been very interesting. I had some
interesting problems to solve working with microphone-level signals. I
can't imagine trying to amplify nano-volt levels.

Ken