Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

Default Got a new car!!!

Just purchased a 2007 Infiniti M45 sport. I absolutley LOVE IT!!!!! What a
car!!!!

It has the 14-speaker Bose DVD/Nav system. It sounds decent, if not
downright pleasant. Not quite what I'm used to, but nice. I might look
into upgrading the sub down the road.

Just thought I'd share my excitement with everyone.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
kevox kevox is offline

Sweet! I'm not sure what hte M45 is but I haven't really seen an
Infinity I didn't love!

14 speakers though? That sounds way overkill....how are the tweets at
high volumes? Probably pretty bright since there are likely at least 6
of them..anyways....what is the sub stage gonna consist of in the near
future?

--
kevox
Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

"14 speakers though? That sounds way overkill....how are the tweets at high
volumes? Probably pretty bright since there are likely at least 6 of
them..anyways....what is the sub stage gonna consist of in the near
future?"

Actually no...Bose tweets are notoriously bland. However, this system
doesn't sound halfway bad. I wouldn't mind adding a decent 10" sub...but
I'm not looking forward to trying to integrate it into the Bose system.
I've got an old JL 10W6 lying around, and I have a Image Dynamics 10" IDMAX
that I'll pull out of the Maxima before I sell it.

Tony

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

m45 lol.....sucker...
you coulda got the 35 n saved 5k. n put that towards hifi candy....lol
can you say 10' twin lcd monitors????

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

14 speakers though? That sounds way overkill....

Too true!!!

It's funny how car makers (and most people) seem to think the more speakers
the better. When in reality, it's just the opposite as too many speakers
diffuse the soundstage.

My system has 8 speakers (nearly half!) and I have NO DOUBT I can blow the
roof off of any 14 speaker "premium" system (in both SQ AND SPL).

Ah, when will they learn....

But, of course, I'm sure the Infinity M45 is a beautiful car. Tony, how
similar is it to your Maxima. I remember my '95 Maxima was nearly identical
to the low-end Infinity's at the time (the I-class I believe) with the same
chassis and all. But you have the higher end M class. Is that similar at
all to a Maxima? My hunch is no. Just curious.

Nick

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

"But, of course, I'm sure the Infinity M45 is a beautiful car. Tony, how
similar is it to your Maxima. I remember my '95 Maxima was nearly identical
to the low-end Infinity's at the time (the I-class I believe) with the same
chassis and all. But you have the higher end M class. Is that similar at
all to a Maxima? My hunch is no. Just curious."

Not similar at all. The M is truly a sport luxury sedan. The acceleration
is INSANE and it handles like it's on rails. It's unbelievable. It's also
very quiet and buttery smooth and has a list of techno and safety features a
mile long.

The 14 speakers don't really sound as bad as everyone might think. Heck,
even with the brand name "Bose" attached to them they don't sound half bad.
It's very...."pleasant". It doesn't rock out and slam hard like a good
aftermarket system, but it's just enough to get the foot tappin' and the
head moving. I should mention that 4 of the 14 speakers are in the front
seats themselves. They are located right behind your shoulders under the
head rests. They certainly add a sense of ambience. The weakest link is the
sub. It provides decent low-volume bass, but is very limited in the lower
octave and doesn't move you like a sub should. To make matters worse, there
is no sub-level control...only bass and treble. I imagine, like all Bose
systems, that the sub should be the easiest upgrade you can make. I just
have to take the time to figure it out first.

Tony

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F Tony F is offline

"Can I have your Mustang?"

Uhhhh...wait. Here it comes....

Nope!

:-)

Tony

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

oh i'm sure your systems nice. no dout.. you keep it.since you paid up
towards $2500 for it i bet.....

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mark Stahl Mark Stahl is offline

"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
[...]

The '06 M45 is built on Nissan's rear-drive FM chassis, which is the same as
the Infiniti G35, FX and the Nissan 350Z. I haven't driven all of these
cars, but I'd imagine they'd be made to feel fairly different given
different suspension tuning and curb weight, but basically those are the
"similar" cars. Definitely a modern, sporty chassis and by all accounts a
quality piece.

The current Maxima chassis is the front wheel drive "FF", variations of
which are to be found under the Altima, Murano, and Quest. Just FYI.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

i might of been misunderstood.. i didnt mean your car is bad.. i'm sure
its awsome.. just i woulda went a different way.
i myself woulda went a vw/audi instead...
audi mighta cost about the same but its a AUDI!!!! much better car i
think....
them germans can make a first class cars....