Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

Default Happy New Year one and all

We're spending the evening enjoying Live at Lincoln Center with the
always dour New York Philharmonic and the stunning Joshua Bell.

May the new year bring you all happiness and peace.

Jenn
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Atkinson[_2_] John Atkinson[_2_] is offline

On Jan 1, 12:31 am, Jenn wrote:
We're spending the evening enjoying Live at Lincoln Center with the
always dour New York Philharmonic and the stunning Joshua Bell.

Can't beat that music stuff!

May the new year bring you all happiness and peace.

And to you Jenn and to all at r.a.o.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

John Atkinson said:

May the new year bring you all happiness and peace.

And to you Jenn and to all at r.a.o.

Bah! Humbug!

Kwanzaa anyone?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article
,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
John Atkinson wrote:

On Jan 1, 12:31 am, Jenn wrote:
We're spending the evening enjoying Live at Lincoln Center with the
always dour New York Philharmonic and the stunning Joshua Bell.

Can't beat that music stuff!

First annoyance of the New Year: why does Rose Parade coverage go to
commercial during marching band performances?

I know; always a problem from our POV. For 4 years, I conducted the
Tournament of Roses Honor Band from Pasadena City College. You may have
seen them today. About the only channels that do justice to the bands
is KTLA in L.A. Lots of careful talks between the media and the TofR
improved the situation when I was there in the early-mid 80s, but it has
deteriorated.

The TofR folks (all men, of course) are an interesting bunch. Notice
how there's ALWAYS a band from Hawaii in the parade? One of the
President's perks is to go to Hawaii to scout bands. lol

It's a grand event though, and I've become less cynical about it over
the years.

May the new year bring you all happiness and peace.

And to you Jenn and to all at r.a.o.

Happy New Year, all!

Stephen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"ScottW" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

In article
,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
John Atkinson wrote:

On Jan 1, 12:31 am, Jenn wrote:
We're spending the evening enjoying Live at Lincoln Center with the
always dour New York Philharmonic and the stunning Joshua Bell.

Can't beat that music stuff!

First annoyance of the New Year: why does Rose Parade coverage go to
commercial during marching band performances?

I know; always a problem from our POV.

Consider yourself lucky. TV audio capture always makes the bands
sound pretty bad IMO.

ScottW

Yep, certainly mostly true. The problem is the kids, parents, and
community being all hyped and raising thousands of dollars to get there
(not to mention the blood, sweat, and tears, literally, to get ready),
then all that Mom and Dad see in Nebraska is a Tidy Bowl commercial.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 1 Ian, 15:07, Jenn wrote:

then all that Mom and Dad see in Nebraska is a Tidy Bowl commercial.-

is that the game where Mr. Clean threw for 409 yards?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On 1 Ian, 15:07, Jenn wrote:

then all that Mom and Dad see in Nebraska is a Tidy Bowl commercial.-

is that the game where Mr. Clean threw for 409 yards?

No, that was the Finger Bowl.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn Jenn is offline

In article ,
"ScottW" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message

"ScottW" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
.
com
In article
,
MiNe 109 wrote:

In article
,
John Atkinson wrote:

On Jan 1, 12:31 am, Jenn wrote:
We're spending the evening enjoying Live at Lincoln Center with the
always dour New York Philharmonic and the stunning Joshua Bell.

Can't beat that music stuff!

First annoyance of the New Year: why does Rose Parade coverage go to
commercial during marching band performances?

I know; always a problem from our POV.

Consider yourself lucky. TV audio capture always makes the bands
sound pretty bad IMO.

ScottW

Yep, certainly mostly true. The problem is the kids, parents, and
community being all hyped and raising thousands of dollars to get there
(not to mention the blood, sweat, and tears, literally, to get ready),
then all that Mom and Dad see in Nebraska is a Tidy Bowl commercial.

I spent the night sleeping on the curb of Orange Grove once to get a
front row seat of the parade. IIRC...we didn't see any bands there.
All floats. I think they added them into the parade at Colorado.

Actually, Orange Grove at Del Mar.

Happy New Year Clyde Slick Audio Opinions 37 January 5th 07 09:07 AM
Happy New Year New Year's Perkoff Car Audio 0 January 1st 07 08:45 AM
happy new year surf Audio Opinions 8 January 2nd 06 05:03 PM
Happy New Year to all. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 5 January 1st 05 08:07 AM
Happy New Year! Raymond Koonce Vacuum Tubes 1 December 31st 03 11:32 PM