Robert Drake

Default wiring a used DVA-5205 to test?

I received a couple months ago, a used Alpine DVA-5205 w/o any wiring
harness or anything. The company I ordered the parts from took until
today to get them to me because the stuff was on backorder.

I've looked at the DVA-5205 installation manual online, and before I
start changing things up in the car, I want to make sure this thing
works...

I've tried wiring up the Gnd, Batt, Acc, Remote In wires to my 12V
power supply that I usually use to test equipment and it doesnt do a
THING. Does it absolutely need the Ai-Net connection to work?

I just want to make sure it powers up, etc.

(I connected the Gnd to 12- and all 3 (Batt, Acc, Remote In) to 12+)

I did try taking it out to the car and wire it up to the Ai-Net
between my HU (CDA-7850) and the CD shuttle and then supply 12+ to the
Remote In like one of the wiring diagrams suggested but still
nothing.....

I'm just trying to hook this up to my CDA-7850 (still no display,
working on getting a TME-M760) and the remote didnt do anything either
(altho it works beautifully w/ my HU when i switch it to "AUDIO" from
"DVD"

- Mobster75!