Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Yamaha DS2416 and AX44 a/d/a converters replacement

Hi eveyone and thanx for your help. I have 2 Yamaha ds2416 but one of
them has a damaged d/a converter. The part is: AKM 4321VF, this is
supposed to be a 20bit d/a converter. I wanted to know if it can be
replaced with a newer part as this one has been discontinued long ago
(and where can i find them!). The AX44 appears to be dead (only the
front line turns on) but i still have to check if converters are fried
as well. (this was due to a damaged power supply). Bye

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

wrote:
Hi eveyone and thanx for your help. I have 2 Yamaha ds2416 but one of
them has a damaged d/a converter. The part is: AKM 4321VF, this is
supposed to be a 20bit d/a converter. I wanted to know if it can be
replaced with a newer part as this one has been discontinued long ago
(and where can i find them!). The AX44 appears to be dead (only the
front line turns on) but i still have to check if converters are fried
as well. (this was due to a damaged power supply). Bye

There is probably no drop-in replacement. You can try Rochester Semi
or some of the other places that specialize in discontinued semis,
although I suspect these are going to be too inexpensive for them to
bother with.

AKM might still have some old ones in a bin somewhere. It won't hurt
to call them and ask.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Thanx, i'll try that. Bye.