Posted to rec.audio.tech
g g is offline

Default To Ito us

i probably spelled that wrong. It's been an extremely quiet day for
me, and I don't feel that headache today. I have been under the
assumption I have had an allergy like problem from last October. I can
hear that whistling mostly in my left ear, but very faint. I think
it's over10kHz. Anybody have similar experience??

Greg
Posted to rec.audio.tech
g g is offline

On May 8, 10:15*pm, G wrote:
i probably spelled that wrong. It's been an extremely quiet day for
me, and I don't feel that headache today. I have been under the
assumption I have had an allergy like problem from last October. I can
hear that whistling mostly in my left ear, but very faint. I think
it's over10kHz. Anybody have similar experience??

Greg

Tinnitus. Tinnitus. Tinnitus

Greg
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On 5/8/2011 7:15 PM G spake thus:

i probably spelled that wrong. It's been an extremely quiet day for
me, and I don't feel that headache today. I have been under the
assumption I have had an allergy like problem from last October. I can
hear that whistling mostly in my left ear, but very faint. I think
it's over10kHz. Anybody have similar experience??

Nowhere near 10 kHz; you can't hear that high. Try half that.

Yes, I've heard that on occasion. Fortunately am not cursed with that
condition (tinnitus).

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang
where
here
l8tr
by

- from Usenet (what's *that*?)
Posted to rec.audio.tech
g g is offline

On May 9, 2:05*am, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 5/8/2011 7:15 PM G spake thus:

i probably spelled that wrong. It's been an extremely quiet day for
me, and I don't feel that headache today. I have been under the
assumption I have had an allergy like problem from last October. I can
hear that whistling mostly in my left ear, but very faint. I think
it's over10kHz. Anybody have similar experience??

Nowhere near 10 kHz; you can't hear that high. Try half that.

Yes, I've heard that on occasion. Fortunately am not cursed with that
condition (tinnitus).

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

* *yo
* *wassup
* *nuttin
* *wan2 hang
* *k
* *where
* *here
* *k
* *l8tr
* *by

- from Usenet (what's *that*?)

Had hearing test today, passed.

In my own test the ringing is at 8700 Hz and can hear pretty good to
13000 Hz.

Greg
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

G wrote:

Had hearing test today, passed.

Are there now other types of hearing test available?

The last time I had a hearing test they put me in a silent sound proofed
room and played quiet sounds to me. Okay, sounds nice in theory but how
does that apply to hearing in the real world?

I want to have background noise like I'm on the Interstate next to an 18
wheeler and then play recordings of voice at me and see if I can even
tell that it's happening. Filtering matters and it should be possible
to measure it.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
g g is offline

On May 12, 3:05*pm, Doug Freyburger wrote:
G wrote:

Had hearing test today, passed.

Are there now other types of hearing test available?

The last time I had a hearing test they put me in a silent sound proofed
room and played quiet sounds to me. *Okay, sounds nice in theory but how
does that apply to hearing in the real world?

I want to have background noise like I'm on the Interstate next to an 18
wheeler and then play recordings of voice at me and see if I can even
tell that it's happening. *Filtering matters and it should be possible
to measure it.

My hearing test included a voice saying different words which i had to
repeat. Sat in a half cage, started to get a little warm.

Greg
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

G wrote:

Had hearing test today, passed.

Are there now other types of hearing test available?

The last time I had a hearing test they put me in a silent sound proofed
room and played quiet sounds to me. Okay, sounds nice in theory but how
does that apply to hearing in the real world?

I want to have background noise like I'm on the Interstate next to an 18
wheeler and then play recordings of voice at me and see if I can even
tell that it's happening. Filtering matters and it should be possible
to measure it.

)My hearing test included a voice saying different words which i had to
)repeat. Sat in a half cage, started to get a little warm.

Right, there is more to proper hearing tests than just the threshold Vs
frequency levels. Vocal intelligibility tests are often done with and
without masking noise (usually white noise, but can be pink etc.) which sort
of equates to the "18 wheeler on the interstate plus voice" test Doug was
after.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Trevor wrote:

)My hearing test included a voice saying different words which i had
to )repeat. Sat in a half cage, started to get a little warm.

.ight, ..ere i. mo.. to p.op.r .ear..g .es.s

is a not at all unlike result with masking noise even if the pure-tone
audiogram is not all that bad.

Trevor

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Peter Larsen wrote:
Trevor wrote:

.ight, ..ere i. mo.. to p.op.r .ear..g .es.s

is a not at all unlike result with masking noise even if the pure-tone
audiogram is not all that bad.

It also rather resembles the voice dropout in a very common cell phone
conversation, though the two phenomena are very different. One has time
periods of silence replacing voice. The other has time periods of
background noise erasing voice.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
g g is offline

On May 8, 10:15*pm, G wrote:
i probably spelled that wrong. It's been an extremely quiet day for
me, and I don't feel that headache today. I have been under the
assumption I have had an allergy like problem from last October. I can
hear that whistling mostly in my left ear, but very faint. I think
it's over10kHz. Anybody have similar experience??

Greg

Still have varying tinnitus and mild, tiring head sensations. End of
day my head makes me feel tired.
Was doing a lot of web searches for at least a month because my
brother started complaing about vertigo, and various head symptoms.
Kept getting worse, but had no tinnitus. He went into hospital
yesterday and found he had meningitis. I read where tinnitus can
follow meningitis. I don't think there is a link between us, but
something to think about.

Greg