Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Presonus 1810 goes away until reboot

This is a long shot, but I've gotten some great answers
here on more difficult questions. I'll copy here what
I posted to the Presonus forum:

At random times, different applications that are using the interface will hang
for a bit, then come back with no sound. When I look in Universal Control,
the image of the 1810 is no longer there. I try power cycling the device,
unplugging the USB cable, moving to a new USB port, killing and restarting
Universal control. Nothing will get the interface to work again but rebooting
the machine. This happens often enough that I can't use the interface any
more, and it's just over a year old. I also tried completely removing Universal
Control and reinstalling it and the drivers.

I'm on Windows 10 64bit.

Periodically Windows pops up a message saying something like:

The last USB device you have plugged into the computer is not working...

I don't see the 1810 in the device manager when it's not working.

Thanks!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 12/01/2021 4:38 am, Tobiah wrote:
This is a long shot, but I've gotten some great answers
here on more difficult questions.Â* I'll copy here what
[...]

Presumably something in the Presonus hardware or software is failing. Or
possibly even a faulty or incompatible USB cable/connection.

Apart from reinstalling their drivers and 'Universal Control'
(presumably an app to adjust driver settings), have you tried refreshing
the devices firmware ?

Have you checked out here ? :
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-u...USB-Interfaces

geoff