Don Cooper

playon wrote:

The president should answer to the people. His "vision" should at
least have popular support or the people, ie. more than half. A
"mandate" implies a landslide election and great popular support.

Exactly. This is how Reagan was able to bring us back to the '50's,
laughing his ass off the whole time.
Don Cooper

playon wrote:

Will, Ho Chi Minh died in 1969.

ROTFLMAO! :-) :-)

Ignorance is truly bliss...

That is one happy "Dude".
Don Cooper

playon wrote:

Will, Ho Chi Minh died in 1969.

ROTFLMAO! :-) :-)

Ignorance is truly bliss...

That is one happy "Dude".
Blind Joni

OTOH, I don't
know a single person locally or on the net who has switched
_to_ the shrub. That makes it really difficult for me, at
least, to understand how he could be doing better in he
polls than he did in the last election. Somethin' ain't right.

This is how we insist on looking at things that suit our position...what do
your ..or my..aquaintances have to do with what hundreds of millions of
individuals do or don't do.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

No doubt you have a master plan to "purify" American culture?

I thought this was a useful quuestion. Answer?

I thought it was a stupid question. What did it have to do with the
context of my post? (which you removed)

The answer to the question would provide a context for your position..which
without an answer is rhetoric. You don't have to answer. g

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

That's strange! Why would geographic area determinine your vote.

Nationally broadcast exit polls from eastern locations tend to influence
voting in the western locations.

OK..got it.
John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Blind Joni

People in cities experience greater cultural diversity, especially on
the coasts. Urban areas also trend towards having a more educated
population than do rural areas. This is why California, New York, etc
tend to be more socially liberal. You know, the "blue" states.

If cultural diversity includes political affiliation than this would seem not
the case..wonder why that is?

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

hank alrich

WillStG wrote:

Because when he got power Ho Chi Min tortured, starved, and executed and
otherwise murdered a million people. Real people Al.

The perhaps 30 million US murdered pre-Columbian indigenous people were
not real? You are so sensitively selective in your choices of realities.

--
ha

Don Cooper

Blind Joni wrote:

That's strange! Why would geographic area determinine your vote.

Nationally broadcast exit polls from eastern locations tend to influence
voting in the western locations.

OK..got it.

That's an answer. Not my answer.

Don Cooper

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles wrote:

Ah "Bush voters are stupid and ignorant."

Ignorance, is at least, curable.
Don Cooper

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles wrote:

Ah "Bush voters are stupid and ignorant."

Ignorance, is at least, curable.
Don Cooper

Blind Joni wrote:

If cultural diversity includes political affiliation than this would seem not
the case..wonder why that is?

Well, it does, and I think you meant "then".

; )

Blind Joni

The plot thickens....

I don't have to speak only for myself, since he did not win the
popular vote, it's ovbious that most Americans did not wish him to be
president.

Which doesn't matter as that is not what chooses the President..you already
know that

I'm not arguing legal points. I'm talking about a popular mandate,
which has nothing to do with the electoral college.

You're talking about an undefined term that you think means something but here
you admit it means nothing.

The president should answer to the people. His "vision" should at
least have popular support or the people, ie. more than half. A
"mandate" implies a landslide election and great popular support.
Bush has had neither. Is not this still a government by, for, and of
the people? Apparently not.

This is all words. The President is elected..not put in place to modify hs
vision based on something you might like him to. And he does answer to the
people..every 4 years. If there is a better way to do this, please share it and
change the constitution.

John A. Chiara
SOS Recording Studio
Live Sound Inc.
Albany, NY
www.sosrecording.net
518-449-1637

Pete Dimsman

Don Cooper wrote:

Blind Joni wrote:

That's strange! Why would geographic area determinine your vote.

Nationally broadcast exit polls from eastern locations tend to influence
voting in the western locations.

OK..got it.

That's an answer. Not my answer.

I was thinking it meant if you are out in Wyoming, your neighbors are
more likely to the right.

Pete Dimsman

Don Cooper wrote:

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles wrote:

Ah "Bush voters are stupid and ignorant."

Ignorance, is at least, curable.

It's the other one that scares me..

Pete Dimsman

Don Cooper wrote:

U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles wrote:

Ah "Bush voters are stupid and ignorant."

Ignorance, is at least, curable.

It's the other one that scares me..

Don Cooper

Blind Joni wrote:

This is all words. The President is elected..not put in place to modify hs
vision based on something you might like him to. And he does answer to the
people..every 4 years. If there is a better way to do this, please share it and
change the constitution.

The point is, that *most* people did not want him in.

Now, if the other 100,000,000 people who did not vote, *do* vote this
time, we can at least see what people want.

Don Cooper

Nationally broadcast exit polls from eastern locations tend to influence
voting in the western locations.

OK..got it.

That's an answer. Not my answer.

I was thinking it meant if you are out in Wyoming, your neighbors are
more likely to the right.

That's what I meant, having lived in both kinds of places.

Bob Cain

Blind Joni wrote:

OTOH, I don't
know a single person locally or on the net who has switched
_to_ the shrub. That makes it really difficult for me, at
least, to understand how he could be doing better in he
polls than he did in the last election. Somethin' ain't right.

This is how we insist on looking at things that suit our position...what do
your ..or my..aquaintances have to do with what hundreds of millions of
individuals do or don't do.

I understand what you're saying and all I can say in defense
is that most of my rather large set of personal aquaintences
come from a source that is about as eclectic and politically
unbiased as one could find and the same is pretty much true
of my net sampling.

Is your sampling signifigantly different than mine regarding
what you quoted?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

playon

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:17:16 -0400, Don Cooper
wrote:

playon wrote:

The president should answer to the people. His "vision" should at
least have popular support or the people, ie. more than half. A
"mandate" implies a landslide election and great popular support.

Exactly. This is how Reagan was able to bring us back to the '50's,
laughing his ass off the whole time.

And Reagan's much-touted electoral "landslide" and "mandate" was
actually a very modest popular majority, as he won a barely 50% of the
popular vote. Which meant that about half of American voters didn't
want him to be president.

playon

On 22 Sep 2004 21:56:04 GMT, (Blind Joni) wrote:

The plot thickens....

I don't have to speak only for myself, since he did not win the
popular vote, it's ovbious that most Americans did not wish him to be
president.

Which doesn't matter as that is not what chooses the President..you already
know that

I'm not arguing legal points. I'm talking about a popular mandate,
which has nothing to do with the electoral college.

You're talking about an undefined term that you think means something but here
you admit it means nothing.

"Popular" is not an undefined term. Of course popularity means a lot,
that's why they have polls.

The president should answer to the people. His "vision" should at
least have popular support or the people, ie. more than half. A
"mandate" implies a landslide election and great popular support.
Bush has had neither. Is not this still a government by, for, and of
the people? Apparently not.

This is all words.

Yo... the constitution is all words... what kind of argument is this?

The President is elected..not put in place to modify hs
vision based on something you might like him to.

I guess you have a much different idea than I of what it means to live
in a free society if you think that the leaders should not have to pay
attention to the wishes or needs of the people. I think that leaders
should be responsive to the people... otherwise we might as well have
a ****ing dictator. The president works for us, not the other way
around, remember? Apparently you applaud dubya's divisive effect on
America -- I oppose it.

And he does answer to the
people..every 4 years. If there is a better way to do this, please share it and
change the constitution.

Democracy is broken and for sale at present in this country...