Trevor deClercq

Default FREE NYC Argosy Nevis 70-D8B-R for Mackie Digital 8-bus console

Hello all,

We recently decommissioned a Mackie Digital 8-bus console from one of
our University studios. The console is gone (as a trade-in), but the
furniture that houses it remains. It is an Argosy Nevis 70 series
(70-D8B-R) custom made to house a Mackie D8B with rack units on the
right side (retail price of around $1,000). See a stock photo at
http://www.argosyconsole.com/70d8b.htm. We are remaking the audio suite
over as an edit only room, so we no longer have need for this huge piece
of furniture.

We can't sell it (the University will not allow us to sell used
equipment), no retailer in the area or elsewhere seems to want it as
trade (shipping is a lot for this huge desk), and I certainly don't want
to trash it. So the best option to get it out of our facility (more
specifically, our live room) by the start of classes is to offer it FREE
to whomever can come down, pick it up, take it apart, and haul it away.
It comes with the original manual and is in excellent condition.
These consoles are very easy to take apart with just a screwdriver,
although the sum total of all the wood parts becomes rather heavy. Some
of the larger pieces are also very long (60" as memory serves).

One diclaimer: Since we are a non-profit organization, my boss has
instructed me to "give preference to non-profit organizations". The
only way I can see to do that is to allow a window of time in which
people may respond to this ad. Therefore, the first non-profit
organization to respond by August 15th will have the right to the desk.
Non-profit status I suppose should be proven with some documentation,
although I'm not sure exactly what that would be. A fax showing
non-profit status would work....

However, if no non-profit organization shows interest by August 15th,
then the first person who e-mailed will get the right to the desk. Let
me clarify that all people interested should e-mail starting now. Don't
wait until August 15th to let me know you're interested. By August 15th
I will know whether there is any non-profit group that wants it. If
not, it's yours if you were first. Come take it. I personally do not
care if you use it or turn around and sell it. Just get it out of here.
It belongs in a studio, not in the landfill.

Pick-up must be done at our location: 55 West 13th in Manhattan. The
honus for disassembly and getting it out to your car/truck falls on the
person(s) who pick it up. We have elevators, so no stairs need to be
involved. Pick-up needs to be made sometime between August 17th-August
31st Tuesday-Friday 9-4 pm.

Also: Please respond to my work e-mail: .

Thanks very much,
Trevor de Clercq
Audio/Video Technician
New School University