Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Feng Feng is offline

Default I just did another survey of DVD-A (yes I know it's a dying format) and few

have musical content above 20kHz (well sometimes it's 22kHz). This was
consistent with what I found when I first checked 3 years ago. I also
check a stack of SACD's, and there I saw fairly consistent use of the
extra bandwidth for noise shaping. Regardless of the longevity of this
format (I do like it for the 5.1 aspect), is any studio/lable
consistently using all that extra bandwidth for acoustic information?

John

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109 MINe 109 is offline

In article . com,
"Feng" wrote:

have musical content above 20kHz (well sometimes it's 22kHz). This was
consistent with what I found when I first checked 3 years ago. I also
check a stack of SACD's, and there I saw fairly consistent use of the
extra bandwidth for noise shaping. Regardless of the longevity of this
format (I do like it for the 5.1 aspect), is any studio/lable
consistently using all that extra bandwidth for acoustic information?

Norah Jones? :-)

Dualdiscs' dvd side have a dvd-a layer. You could look for those, as
well as the other new oddball dvd formats whose names escape me, but
I've seen them on the shelves at Fry's.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW ScottW is offline

"Feng" wrote in message
ups.com...
have musical content above 20kHz (well sometimes it's 22kHz). This
was
consistent with what I found when I first checked 3 years ago. I
also
check a stack of SACD's, and there I saw fairly consistent use of
the
extra bandwidth for noise shaping. Regardless of the longevity of
this
format (I do like it for the 5.1 aspect), is any studio/lable
consistently using all that extra bandwidth for acoustic
information?

I find audible 22 kHz extremely painful.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Frank Malczewski Frank Malczewski is offline

MINe 109 wrote:

In article . com,
"Feng" wrote:

have musical content above 20kHz (well sometimes it's 22kHz). This was
consistent with what I found when I first checked 3 years ago. I also
check a stack of SACD's, and there I saw fairly consistent use of the
extra bandwidth for noise shaping. Regardless of the longevity of this
format (I do like it for the 5.1 aspect), is any studio/lable
consistently using all that extra bandwidth for acoustic information?

Norah Jones? :-)

Dualdiscs' dvd side have a dvd-a layer. You could look for those, as
well as the other new oddball dvd formats whose names escape me, but
I've seen them on the shelves at Fry's.

Stephen

Think I read on a website that Dualdisc is on the verge of being phased
out also.