fs: Sony PS-X800 Tangential Tracking Audiophile Turntable [NYC]

Old May 18th 04, 10:44 PM
PutorTutor

Default fs: Sony PS-X800 Tangential Tracking Audiophile Turntable [NYC]

Sony PS-X800 Turntable. Cosmetically, it's MINT; as close to a 10 as you'll
find. When I packed it in a box many years ago, it was working perfectly. I
just took it out to test it. It powers up. The tone arm auto-balances. The
Start button turns the platter on. The problem is that the tone arm does not
move into place to drop down. But if you manually move the arm to the drop-down
point, it'll play the entire album perfectly. My guess is it's a simple motor
issue not having the torque to move the arm into place but enough to track
fine. I had long ago lost the original headshell but ordered a replacement from
Sony which is still in the box. The only problem is that they failed to include
the little cross-member bar that holds the cartridge in place though one could
easily be fashioned. Fortunately, the TT uses a universal mount so I've added a
die-cast Technics headshell with a cheap Grado cartridge to test.

http://members.aol.com/putortutor/listings/sony_tt