### Why do this happen to my audio cd's ??? ###

Old October 25th 03, 03:14 AM
Richard Crowley

Default ### Why do this happen to my audio cd's ??? ###

albert wrote:
> Will audio CD get scratches if they are played often ? ....

PLAYING them will NOT cause scratches unless something
is dramatically wrong with your player.

OTOH, HANDLING them is what causes scratches. Whether
manually or (in some cases even) via automation like changers,
etc.

Old October 25th 03, 03:14 AM
Richard Crowley

Old October 25th 03, 10:55 AM
Arny Krueger

"DougC" > wrote in message
> albert wrote:
>
> > Will audio CD get scratches if they are played often ? ....

> Because you shouldn't be playing your CD's, silly.--->You rip them to a
> computer as 192 Kb/sec MP3's, and then run the computer's good-soundcard
> audio output into your amp's line-in. Then you can store all your
> expensive/rare CD's in a secret underground vault where they are safe.
> Ta Daa! ........ -For super-extra bonus points, get some jukebox
> software (Musicmatch Jukebox is one)--it is wonderful to be able to set
> up a playlist spanning your entire music collection, that resumes on the
> playlist wherever it left off last time you used it.
> ~

There's no doubt that MP3 processing at least occasionally causes some sonic
compromises. Given that big hard drives are cheap, there's nothing difficult
about going the no-compromise route and just ripping and playing .WAV files.

At this time it seems to me that iTunes is the best deal going for
integrated ripping and music library management.

Old October 25th 03, 10:55 AM
Arny Krueger