7.2 A/V _Preamp_

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31st 17, 02:42 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Randy Yates[_2_]

Default 7.2 A/V _Preamp_

I may be a bit of a rare bird, but I'm looking for a 7.2 preamp, namely,
something that will take HDMI in, separate it into 7.2, and provide
line-level (preferably balanced) audio outputs which I will feed to a
power amp as well as the ability to select from multiple HDMI inputs
and send video to an HDMI (hopefully HDCP2.2 compatible) output.

I do not need a power amp and I'd rather not pay for one if I'm just
going to bypass it (presuming a receiver has pre-outs) to go to my
power-amp(s).

I would also appreciate a variety of 7.2 mixdown modes, e.g., to
2-channel stereo, 4-channel, etc., and the ability to route the bass
channels in a variety of ways.

I saw the NAD C501 which looks somewhat like what I'm after, but it only
has stereo two-channel audio outputs.

Any pointers or thoughts would be appreciated.
--
Randy Yates, DSP/Embedded Firmware Developer
Digital Signal Labs