Best RCA jacks, price/performance

Old July 5th 15, 06:35 AM posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Best RCA jacks, price/performance

On 5/07/2015 12:42 a.m., wrote:
> isw wrote: "Why do you think that lots of contact area is better? "
>

> Common sense. Higher signal to noise ratio. Lower resistance.
>
> Why do you young folks always like to challenge long-established
> electrical standards & practices?

You can have essentially zero resistance with a smaller contact area,
and increasing the contact area may not actually make any significant
difference at all.

Old July 5th 15, 12:46 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor

On 4/07/2015 11:30 PM, None wrote:
> < theckmama @ gmail.com > wrote in message
>> isw wrote: "Why do you think that lots of contact area is better? "
>>
>> Common sense.

> Dumb****ery.

Right, "common sense" is an oxymoron, but even if it weren't Thekma
would be the exception to the rule! :-)

Trevor.

Old July 7th 15, 06:56 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_]

http://www.av-iq.com/avcat/images/pr...20Connector.jp
> g higher quality, and
> this: http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_216717_3.jpg cheap! Look at
> the shield,
> half the connecting area of the first example.

Buy connectors at an online store for professional PA equipment if you
want top quality. The parts cost a bit more than Radio Shack junk but
are far less expensive than "audiophile" snake oil.

The RCA cables are usually considered low-end for PA equipment. They're
mechanically weak and can't handle much shield current. That said, you
can get heavy plated brass connectors that have strong spring tension in
the fingers and room in the housing for oversized cables.

The good cables are shielded balanced pair using 3 conductor 1/4 inch
jacks. You can have an amp of EMI current in 100 feet of cable with
bass visibly shaking everything and it is fine

--
I will not see posts from astraweb, theremailer, dizum, or google
because they host Usenet flooders.