Does anyone know where to get speaker/subwoofer's foam rings?

Old November 27th 13, 12:53 AM posted to rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Ant

Default Does anyone know where to get speaker/subwoofer's foam rings?

They are for an old Klipsch ProMedia v2-400 subwoofer with cracked foam
rings from 1999.

Anywhere from local stores in Southern CA, USA like in Los Angeles (LA),
Orange County (OC), etc.? Already tried Fry's Electronics, local pop and
mom stores, RadioShack, etc.

Thank you in advance.
--
Quote of the Week: "They are like the ant... They start one way and turn
around and go the other way... They look all the time at the ground and
Old November 27th 13, 04:37 AM posted to rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
graham

http://jamacspeakers.com/Repairs.htm

m...

Old November 27th 13, 01:45 PM posted to rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech

Ant > wrote:
>They are for an old Klipsch ProMedia v2-400 subwoofer with cracked foam
>rings from 1999.

Parts Express has generic refoaming kits. It's more than just the surround,
it also includes the glue and so forth. You will have to remove the dust cap,
shim the voice coil so it is perfectly even, glue the new surround into place
and then reattach the dust cap.

It's not terribly difficult. The first few times I used some of the generic
kits from Waldom and Parts Express I was worried about changing the stiffness
of the suspension. However, it appears that most of that stiffness comes from
the spider rather than the surround; you can use a substantially different
surround than the original without affecting the Fs of the driver appreciably.
Old December 2nd 13, 06:19 AM posted to rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Ant

That is in OR.

--
Quote of the Week: "Even the sharpest ear cannot hear an ant singing." --Sudanese
Old December 4th 13, 11:46 PM posted to rec.audio,rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Shaun

Why don't you find a company that repairs speakers and send it to them. It
might cost a lot more but they would have access to the parts and knowledge
on how to do it the right way.

Shaun

m...

Old December 13th 14, 05:28 PM
Jukebox Guy Jukebox Guy is offline
Junior Member

Location: Virginia
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
They are for an old Klipsch ProMedia v2-400 subwoofer with cracked foam
rings from 1999.

Anywhere from local stores in Southern CA, USA like in Los Angeles (LA),
Orange County (OC), etc.? Already tried Fry's Electronics, local pop and
mom stores, RadioShack, etc.
You're in luck. You've got one of the better speaker suppliers in the U.S., Speaker City USA, not too far away in Burbank - which in L.A. traffic, means only a 3 day drive.

Check their website, they have a number of different refoam kits:

http://www.speakercity.com/Merchant2...ory_Co de=SRR

Having been in there a number of times, I can recommend these guys. Good people.

Replaceing speaker foam surround - inverted foam? Bob F Pro Audio 1 December 16th 08 02:52 PM
speaker re-foam Dave Tech 2 March 14th 06 07:40 PM
FS: AR-94s Speaker System - new foam Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 May 28th 04 10:40 PM