Pioneer QX949 relay?

Old January 11th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
diecasthoop

Default Pioneer QX949 relay?

I have a qx949 that popped and stopped making sound. I took the cover
off and see that the relay(MS4U 24VDC) is clicking and arcing. I
cleaned the contacts with 600grit and air but it did not fix it. If
the relay is bad were would I buy one? Is this even the prob? Thanks
for any input.
Old January 12th 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias[_2_]

"diecasthoop" > wrote in message
>I have a qx949 that popped and stopped making sound. I took the cover
> off and see that the relay(MS4U 24VDC) is clicking and arcing. I
> cleaned the contacts with 600grit and air but it did not fix it. If
> the relay is bad were would I buy one? Is this even the prob? Thanks
> for any input.

The relay may well be damaged by now, but the clicking and arcing you
describe is an amplifier problem. That's why the clicking - the protection
circuit is reacting to a large DC offset.

Mark Z.

Old January 12th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Jerry G.

If you contact the manufacture, they should be able to guide you to
their parts support.

Pioneer Audio Support:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...eEntertainment

--

Jerry G.

computer relay Powercat Pro Audio 8 December 1st 07 09:29 PM
When is a relay necessary? R Car Audio 4 April 2nd 07 01:54 PM
relay interference genev Tech 5 December 7th 05 11:15 AM
Need a 12 relay for my B&K pro5 SPritch57 Tech 2 April 16th 05 03:33 AM
Help need a 12V relay for my B&K pro5 SPritch57 Marketplace 0 January 11th 05 05:40 AM