Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

Default CD Duplicators - Ideas ???

Its that time again when I have to start weighing cost/service/quality
of disc makers.

I'm doing a short run of audio CD's. I might do a short run of
audio CD-R's first but probably not.

Any ideas of who to use - or maybe more important, who not to? Also
what is the going best rate these days? It's been about 4 years since
I released anything.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 04:44:23 -0400, Danny T wrote
(in article .com):

Its that time again when I have to start weighing cost/service/quality
of disc makers.

I'm doing a short run of audio CD's. I might do a short run of
audio CD-R's first but probably not.

Any ideas of who to use - or maybe more important, who not to? Also
what is the going best rate these days? It's been about 4 years since
I released anything.

Thanks

I like the Elite4 from Diskmakers; a robot with a 4bay burner and inkjet
printer. Mac or PC. Uses USB & Firewire. not cheap $4200, but you can put 125
disc on and walk away.

The new Taiyo Yudn Hydro Shield CD-R discs do a great job of NOT smearing and
they have a glossy finish.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

will wrote:
What do you mean by short run?

Danny T wrote:
Its that time again when I have to start weighing cost/service/quality
of disc makers.

I'm doing a short run of audio CD's. I might do a short run of
audio CD-R's first but probably not.

Any ideas of who to use - or maybe more important, who not to? Also
what is the going best rate these days? It's been about 4 years since
I released anything.

Thanks

A short run is 1000 copies.

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Hey Ty,

How about for having someone press 1000 copies of CD's (not cd-r). Do
you know anyone that is good lately? The people change so fast with
that and I had a hell of a time with Crystal the last time I pressed.

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John Phillips John Phillips is offline

"Ty Ford" wrote in message
. ..

Oasis.

Ty

-- Ty Ford's equipment reviews, audio samples, rates and other
audiocentric
stuff are at www.tyford.com

Another excellent one:

http://www.discmakers.com/

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Hey Ty,

How about for having someone press 1000 copies of CD's (not cd-r). Do
you know anyone that is good lately? The people change so fast with
that and I had a hell of a time with Crystal the last time I pressed.

Oasis.

Ty

thanks Ty, I me the a guy that (I think) started Oasis at the la namm
several years back. I couldn't remember the name and wanted to check
them out - thanks :-)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
jwvm jwvm is offline

Danny T wrote:
Its that time again when I have to start weighing cost/service/quality
of disc makers.

I'm doing a short run of audio CD's. I might do a short run of
audio CD-R's first but probably not.

Any ideas of who to use - or maybe more important, who not to? Also
what is the going best rate these days? It's been about 4 years since
I released anything.

You might try these people:

www.audiosphere.com

We had a run of 1000 CDs made by them for about $1300 including
shipping last year and were very satisfied. I don't know what their
current price is however.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

jwvm wrote:
Danny T wrote:
Its that time again when I have to start weighing cost/service/quality
of disc makers.

I'm doing a short run of audio CD's. I might do a short run of
audio CD-R's first but probably not.

Any ideas of who to use - or maybe more important, who not to? Also
what is the going best rate these days? It's been about 4 years since
I released anything.

You might try these people:

www.audiosphere.com

We had a run of 1000 CDs made by them for about $1300 including
shipping last year and were very satisfied. I don't know what their
current price is however.

They are right about exact on Oasis. I met the guy from oasis and
though a lot of him but it is always good to have another option.
Diskmakers is a bit of a production but I know they are good too.

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Danny T wrote:

Ty Ford wrote:

Oasis.

thanks Ty, I me the a guy that (I think) started Oasis at the la namm
several years back. I couldn't remember the name and wanted to check
them out - thanks :-)

Their service is excellent.

--
ha

New install ideas Brandonb Car Audio 0 June 6th 05 04:20 AM
New ideas for the Debate Robert Morein Audio Opinions 6 December 18th 04 11:19 PM
Planet V Closing Sale updated list Joe Bartoldus Pro Audio 0 September 1st 04 04:33 AM
Sound, and Sound Ideas CDs TEL Pro Audio 2 December 9th 03 02:31 AM