Posted to rec.audio.car
Your Name Your Name is offline

Default Common abbreviations...?

Hi,

I opened up a Volvo HU-415 to see what is what on the connector as I
remember last time I opened a Volvo radio there were abbreviations silk
screened on the PC board. I would appreciate it if someone can give me a
run down on the following abbreviations:

1) tel
2) speed
3) rheo
4) acc
5) batt
6) gnd
7) ct-
8) ct+
9) ant
10) can-l
11) can-h

The fr+, fr-, etc. on the other connector I understand.

I am assuming GND is ground, ACC is switched power, BATT is consatnt
voltage, ANT is the power antenna, SPEED is connected to the speedometer
(I think, as a wiring diagram from a late model Volvo has a wire going
from the radio to the instrument panel/speedometer?). I am not sure
which to hook up to the dashboard dimmer (RHEO, SPEED...?), and if I
should just disregard all the other stuff (TEL, CT-, CT+, CAN-L and CAN-
H)?

This is the link to the wiring diagram:

http://www.volvotechinfo.com/WD123/3...202_us_143.pdf

To the bottom left of the radio is connection #7 which goes down to 5/1
(instrument panel) and 19/4 (the speedometer).

Any help would be most appreciated.
Mehmet

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Your Name wrote:
[...]

At a guess, I'd say TEL is for a car-phone link to mute the radio when the phone
is in use. RHEO is likely for "rheostat", and old term for a variable resistor
- that's likely your dashlight tie in, if the deck has an appropriate input.

The others - CT+/CT- and CAN-L/CAN-H, I have no idea... the "L" and "H" are
probably for "low" and "high" but what they affect, I can't say. If I knew
which pins they were on the diagram, it would be easier to trace them back, if
you really want to know, but I'd guess they'll end up being irrelevant to your
aftermarket deck anyway.
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

:

1) tel - Teleportation

(it's a "future-ready" option)

2) speed - Amphetimine Supply

(tells you how many amphetimines you have left)

3) rheo - Distance to the Rheo Grand River

4) acc - Accordion

(instantly fills your car with accordion music, handy when in Bulgaria)

5) batt - Battery (duh)

6) gnd - Ground Beef Supply

7) ct- - "cock tease" who won't put out
8) ct+ - "cock tease" who WILL put out

9) ant - Do you have an ant problem in your car

10) can-l - Canned Iguana supply

11) can-h - Canned herring supply

There you go!

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
FD FD is offline

"MOSFET" wrote in message
:

1) tel - Teleportation

(it's a "future-ready" option)

2) speed - Amphetimine Supply

(tells you how many amphetimines you have left)

3) rheo - Distance to the Rheo Grand River

4) acc - Accordion

(instantly fills your car with accordion music, handy when in Bulgaria)

5) batt - Battery (duh)

6) gnd - Ground Beef Supply

7) ct- - "cock tease" who won't put out
8) ct+ - "cock tease" who WILL put out

9) ant - Do you have an ant problem in your car

10) can-l - Canned Iguana supply

11) can-h - Canned herring supply

There you go!

MOSFET

Har har har *snort* har har heeeeeee har

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

LOL

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
:

1) tel - Teleportation

(it's a "future-ready" option)

2) speed - Amphetimine Supply

(tells you how many amphetimines you have left)

3) rheo - Distance to the Rheo Grand River

4) acc - Accordion

(instantly fills your car with accordion music, handy when in Bulgaria)

5) batt - Battery (duh)

6) gnd - Ground Beef Supply

7) ct- - "cock tease" who won't put out
8) ct+ - "cock tease" who WILL put out

9) ant - Do you have an ant problem in your car

10) can-l - Canned Iguana supply

11) can-h - Canned herring supply

There you go!

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Your Name Your Name is offline

(Captain Howdy) wrote in news:AxDSg.120017$sS1.2205
@read1.cgocable.net:

LOL

I second that...