Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default The witches' Sabbath on RAO

In the last few months RAO has been accelerating its descent into a
witchcraft chat group and the end is not in sight.
It is a sad testimony to the audio as a hobby that one man with
a set of looney suggestions and good communication skills can
appropriate a group. But there are precedents: in medicine the
psychoepidemics ("kissing disease", "functional hypoglycemia, "chronic
fatigue syndrome" etc.)have been following each other In Loudun and
Salem women were accusing themselves and others of witchcraft.
Previously reasonable people all.
I chafed against biased moderating a la RAHE but in retrospect
and in comparison there is something to be said for it.
It does not matter if SHP is a crank or a shill for the Belts'
shop.
He may not know himself. It doesn't matter either if he is just
Mr.SHP or a psychiatrist- that profession is a true nursery of weirdom
starting with Papa Freud's "Every dream is a wish-fulfilment", "Let's
get at your unconscious and cure you in mere five or six years",
through Jung's private mythology, onto blaming the parents for the
kids' schizophrenia, through treating the psychotics who will not
attend psychotherapy sessions with cutting off of their frontal lobes
from the rest of the brain, subjecting them to electric shocks and
insulin induced coma and when the fashion changes unloading them from
the shelter of a well run mental hospital onto the "community care"
ie. walking the streets muttering to the voices in their heads,
sleeping in the doorways and eating out of garbage bins.
The fact is that his tweaks are on a par with conversing
with extraterrestrials- on the other side of sanity.
It is also a fact that all of us- including myself- are
guilty of following the pied piper into a morass. Bob Morein ,very
sane up till now is playing right into his hands simply by paying tit
for tat attention to his inexhaustible energy .
The soundest thing would be to let whoever wants to buy
the "foil" and the "cream" and keep mum about it. They do no
conceivable harm. Spreading lunacy does. The rest of us could continue
talking about audio
Ludovic Mirabel

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Ludo said:

The rest of us could continue talking about audio

Bravo. Lead on, MacDuff.

P.S.: I've said this before, but it bears repeating: Discussions of
aBxism, either pro or con, are not related to consumer audio, and are
therefore, as even the hardcore Hivie moderators of RAH-E finally
realized, not a suitable topic for an opinion forum.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

George M. Middius wrote:
Ludo said:

The rest of us could continue talking about audio

Bravo. Lead on, MacDuff.

P.S.: I've said this before, but it bears repeating: Discussions of
aBxism, either pro or con, are not related to consumer audio, and are
therefore, as even the hardcore Hivie moderators of RAH-E finally
realized, not a suitable topic for an opinion forum.

A correction. The RAHE owner and chief censor
hypocritically
announced that ABX discussion was disallowed, He followed that by
allowing transparent synonyms: "Valueless because sighted", "
"Did you do a bias-controlled test?"
But try and question " usighted" or "bias-controlled"
tests.
Censorship bell rings.
Ludovic Mirabel

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

In the last few months RAO has been accelerating its descent into a
witchcraft chat group and the end is not in sight.

I've not seen any chats about "witchcraft". Have you been drinking
Windex, along with Bob Morein?

It is a sad testimony to the audio as a hobby that one man with
a set of looney suggestions and good communication skills can
appropriate a group.

I agree. But Morein's been here longer than you, so he has "tenure",
unfortunately.

But there are precedents: in medicine the
psychoepidemics ("kissing disease", "functional hypoglycemia, "chronic
fatigue syndrome" etc.)have been following each other In Loudun and
Salem women were accusing themselves and others of witchcraft.
Previously reasonable people all.

Just as there are many precedents in medicine (ie. Dr. Joseph Lister)
that mirror the kind of sad, closed-minded ignorant bigotry we see
coming from you and most other members of this group. All because you
are so afraid of change, (a revolution taking place in audio), that it
actually threatens most of you to the point of hysteria. When you are
sane and rational as I, it's rather something to watch lunatics here
shrieking and crying about me taking over your comfortable little world
by challenging you to think for once in your lives,

I chafed against biased moderating a la RAHE but in retrospect
and in comparison there is something to be said for it.

I agree. This place needs to be moderated, so we can talk about audio
and audio PRODUCTS, like those you find at --
www.belt.demon.co.uk
--, without harassment, defamation of character, and people lying
about you. Of course, you wouldn't see many of your posts any longer,
or Roberts or those of Shovels, Sullivan, et al. These ad hominem
attacks would never get through moderation.

It does not matter if SHP is a crank or a shill for the Belts'
shop.

It does matter that you're lying about that, though. And it does matter
if you are a crank and a shill. And a liar.

He may not know himself.

Uh, I think I know myself, twit.

It doesn't matter either if he is just
Mr.SHP or a psychiatrist-

It does matter. Because if I'm a psychiatrist, I'd be able to help you
with your delusions.

that profession is a true nursery of weirdom

Oh yes, nothing "weird" about you having delusions all over the place,
is there.

the shelter of a well run mental hospital onto the "community care"
ie. walking the streets muttering to the voices in their heads,
sleeping in the doorways and eating out of garbage bins.

Robert Morein calls it an "alternative lifestyle". But if he prefers
eating out of garbage bins, who are we to judge?

The fact is that his tweaks are on a par with conversing
with extraterrestrials- on the other side of sanity.

Well, you don't know anything about my tweaks, so you wouldn't know
what they are on par with. HOWEVER, for you to falsely believe they are
on par with conversing with extraterrestrials, as an admission that you
converse with extraterrestrials. Which puts you squarely on the other
side of sanity.

Welcome to Bob's world, and Shovels hangout.

It is also a fact that all of us- including myself- are
guilty of following the pied piper into a morass.

For a few people, that "morass" as you call it, improved their audio
system. And it didn't cost a cent. Of course, you're not very
interested in audio, as I can see. You're only interested in the
politics of audio, like your friend Crazy Bob, Steven Sullivan, and
many others.

Bob Morein ,very
sane up till now is playing right into his hands simply by paying tit
for tat attention to his inexhaustible energy .

"Bob Morein" is "very sane"?? HA! LOL! Now I know you're deluded. You
just brought your entire argument down like a house of cards. You won't
find a bigger nutball than Morein anywhere on Usenet. The only thing
you said that was true here, is that ol' Crazy Bob is playing into my
hands. He's my little yo-yo that I get to do loops, walking the dog,
and other nifty tricks.

The soundest thing would be to let whoever wants to buy
the "foil" and the "cream" and keep mum about it.

You seem to arrogantly think this is YOUR decision. It isn't, you crazy
*******. Whoever wants to buy whatever they want to buy, is none of
your business. And the silver foil and cream electret are real
products. They don't require "quotation marks" idiot.

They do no
conceivable harm.

Right. Better than that, they do a world of good to your audio system.
It isn't just me saying that, but hundreds who have the courage to try
such accessories, have found this out. Including this reviewer:

http://www.soundstage.com/synergize/synergize041999.htm

Spreading lunacy does.

I agree. So stop spreading lunacy about me being a shill, or a
psychiatrist or that the tweaks are unscientific or do not work, or
other lunatic lies.

The rest of us could continue
talking about audio

The rest of you never talked about audio until I arrived with my
tweaks. So don't make me laugh, eh.