Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Robert Morein

Default Note to Sander

Sander,
All of us wish our experience with stereo could be as intense as the
first time we heard.

The first fruit of summer is always the sweetest.
The best tomato we've ever eaten occurs aperiodically.
We have seen the most beautiful woman in the world numerous times in our
lives.

Today, the "tweaks" are bright and new. I suggest that every few weeks, and
months, you re-evaluate your experience with them. Don't commit to an
unexamined belief in them yet. You may yet find that the tweakiest part of
the system is ourselves.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Note to Robert: The Position for The Pope is Already Taken.

Robert Morein wrote:
Sander,

All of us wish our experience with stereo could be as intense as the
first time we heard.

Speak for yourself, idiot. Most of us have moved on from the crappy
stereos we once had. That's why we're called "audiophiles". I'm
truly sorry for you if your current stereo system is so freaking bad,
it doesn't even compare now to the first POS that you had when you
were a kid.

The first fruit of summer is always the sweetest.
The best tomato we've ever eaten occurs aperiodically.
We have seen the most beautiful woman in the world numerous times in our
lives.

What are you doing wasting your time pumping out attacks after negative
attacks on this group, Robert? You should be out writing romantic
greeting cards for Hallmark or something.

Given your now frantic response to the fact that some people here have
found the courage to try my tweaks (where your courage should be, you
only found disease, fear and neurosis), it appears that it threatens
you immensely to realize that your world of rigid Newtonian beliefs
about audio is starting to crumble away. And so you are urging,
pleading and downright begging others who have tried and heard the
tweaks, to reconsider their "blasphemous" ways. I find it amusing to
see the parallels between the way people like you think, and the
religious zealots throughout history, who've condemned, cast out and
murdered those who's beliefs ran contrary to the religious order of
the day. I propose that your organization, the IEEE (International
Electrical and Electronic Engineers) is "The Church", you are "The
Pope", and those who've actually tried the tweaks and heard what they
liked are "sinners" who have decided to think for themselves, and think
that they're going to opt for birth control. Ooooh, that makes The
Pope angry!

Today, the "tweaks" are bright and new. I suggest that every few weeks, and
months, you re-evaluate your experience with them.

Save your breath, zealot. I've been re-evaluating my tweaks for the
last 20 years. They haven't changed, and neither has my approach to
them.

Don't commit to an
unexamined belief in them yet.

He didn't. He listened to the tweaks, ergo, he examined them all he
needed to. YOU are the one that has committed yourself to an unexamined
belief, by pretending you understand the science behind them and not
even bothering to test the experiments. You are not even able to
examine audio phenomenon, because as you told me, you're a bundle of
neurotic nerves and your hearing acuity is constantly changing.

You may yet find that the tweakiest part of
the system is ourselves.

He already did, fool. The tweaks work on ourselves, not on our audio
systems. You've just proven that you don't even understand the most
basic nature of what you are pretending to be an "expert" on! LOL!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

"Robert Morein" said:

Sander,
All of us wish our experience with stereo could be as intense as the
first time we heard.

The first fruit of summer is always the sweetest.
The best tomato we've ever eaten occurs aperiodically.
We have seen the most beautiful woman in the world numerous times in our
lives.

Today, the "tweaks" are bright and new. I suggest that every few weeks, and
months, you re-evaluate your experience with them. Don't commit to an
unexamined belief in them yet. You may yet find that the tweakiest part of
the system is ourselves.

I'm married for over 8 years now, and each and every morning, I find
myself lying next to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Try the tweak, Robert.
Things can only get better for you.

--

- Never argue with idiots, they drag you down their level and beat you with experience. -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

Sander deWaal wrote:
"Robert Morein" said:

Sander,
All of us wish our experience with stereo could be as intense as the
first time we heard.

The first fruit of summer is always the sweetest.
The best tomato we've ever eaten occurs aperiodically.
We have seen the most beautiful woman in the world numerous times in our
lives.

Today, the "tweaks" are bright and new. I suggest that every few weeks, and
months, you re-evaluate your experience with them. Don't commit to an
unexamined belief in them yet. You may yet find that the tweakiest part of
the system is ourselves.

I'm married for over 8 years now, and each and every morning, I find
myself lying next to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Try the tweak, Robert.
Things can only get better for you.

You don't know that... things could get worse....much worse with your
perception so tuned to environmental and cosmic influence that
stability and continuity are lost. Your abilty to judge your next amp
project against your last amp project may in fact, be at risk.
Or maybe not.... but you can't say you know for sure.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

ScottW wrote:

You don't know that... things could get worse....much worse with your
perception so tuned to environmental and cosmic influence that
stability and continuity are lost. Your abilty to judge your next amp
project against your last amp project may in fact, be at risk.

That, plus the fact that men in black are now going to be living in his
cupboards, monitoring what he does with his stereo. It is amusing me to
no end to see all you loony objectivists crawling out of the woodwork
now, trying to convince Sander that he didn't hear what he knows he
heard, that BAD BAD THINGS are all going to happen to him, that he will
find it was just an illusion that will disappear in a fortnight, and
that he can't "go home again", and that he ought not to mess with
things that scare the holy crap out of frightened objectivist sheep
like yourself.

Either try the tweaks you are so furiously ranting and raving against
Scott, or let the big brave men do what they are grown up enough to do,
since you're obviously too frightened and paranoid yourself to get
involved in the alternative audio revolution.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

"ScottW" said:

Try the tweak, Robert.
Things can only get better for you.

You don't know that... things could get worse....much worse with your
perception so tuned to environmental and cosmic influence that
stability and continuity are lost.

For Robert, things can only get better.
The image I get from him at this moment, is that from a very unhappy,
insecure person.

Your abilty to judge your next amp
project against your last amp project may in fact, be at risk.
Or maybe not.... but you can't say you know for sure.

Funny, Paul Packer also thought I'd suddenly lose my ability to build
or repair something, or that I would electrocute myself immediately by
trying to apply L-shapes to my amplifier.

If anything, my ability to discern differences will only be enhanced.
This isn't like some drug or something, where the effect will indeed
wear off after some time (I have some experience with that).

I know for sure, Scott.

--

- Never argue with idiots, they drag you down their level and beat you with experience. -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Sander deWaal wrote:
"Robert Morein" said:

Sander,
All of us wish our experience with stereo could be as intense as the
first time we heard.

The first fruit of summer is always the sweetest.
The best tomato we've ever eaten occurs aperiodically.
We have seen the most beautiful woman in the world numerous times in our
lives.

Today, the "tweaks" are bright and new. I suggest that every few weeks, and
months, you re-evaluate your experience with them. Don't commit to an
unexamined belief in them yet. You may yet find that the tweakiest part of
the system is ourselves.

I'm married for over 8 years now, and each and every morning, I find
myself lying next to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Try the tweak, Robert.
Things can only get better for you.

And after that: the Scientology!

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Sander deWaal wrote:

I know for sure, Scott.

True believers always do.

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

Steven Sullivan said:

I'm married for over 8 years now, and each and every morning, I find
myself lying next to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Try the tweak, Robert.
Things can only get better for you.

And after that: the Scientology!

I fail to see the relevance of this comment, else than that it was
meant in an ill-spirited way.

Never mind, Steven. Have a nice day ;-)

--

- Never argue with idiots, they drag you down their level and beat you with experience. -
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Sander deWaal

Steven Sullivan said:

I know for sure, Scott.

True believers always do.

And that's wrong because.........?

--

- Never argue with idiots, they drag you down their level and beat you with experience. -

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Steven Sullivan

Sander deWaal wrote:
Steven Sullivan said:

I know for sure, Scott.

True believers always do.

And that's wrong because.........?

Such certitude is rarely merited by the evidence?

___
-S
"Excuse me? What solid proof do you have that I'm insane?" - soundhaspriority
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Sillybot has a beam in his eye.

True believers always do.

And that's wrong because.........?

Such certitude is rarely merited by the evidence?

Are we talking about your mindless fealty to aBxism blinding rituals, in
which you've never participated even once?

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Steven Sullivan, #1 rigid thinker, continued to ignorantly mock and
ridicule that which he is deathly afraid of:

*All* spiritual/new-age kool-aid vendors I've ever heard of
promise that if you 'try it, things can only get better for you'.

Well how would you know if you -don't- try the tweaks, you arrogant
bigot?

--------
- SHP
"I was only accused of rape, never indicted." - Steven Sullivan

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:55:47 +0200, Sander deWaal
wrote:

Funny, Paul Packer also thought I'd suddenly lose my ability to build
or repair something, or that I would electrocute myself immediately by
trying to apply L-shapes to my amplifier.

Never did anything of the kind, Sander. I simply remarked in passing
that elecrocution puts holes in your thumb. I know from experience,
you see. Green holes.

I hope you know the wedding's off now. I simply couldn't live with all
those bits of cardboard taped to the speakers, and every pair of
glasses in the house smeared with cream. Sorry, but there it is.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Ruud Broens

"Steven Sullivan" wrote

:
: I do believe I am.
:
shouldn't that be : i do believe, therefore i am
i think

:-)
R.
: