Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Dave Weil on TURNTABLES, CULTURE & EDUCATION

About Dave Weil's technical expertise on turntables & audio, and his
cultural refinement..

DAVE ON TURNTABLES:

Dave Weil (aka "Garbage Boy") obsessively posted dozens and dozens of
messages defending his ignorance on turntable ground wires, and
attacking my knowledge of turntables. It all started, when I said that
I had not "in my experience", seen a turntable without a ground wire. I
neglected to mention that although I have owned many turntables in my
time, high end and not, I did not own and operate a turntable repair
shop; so did not have hundreds pass through my hands. I am,
nevertheless, a qualified expert at tuning suspended tables (Linn,
Gyrodek, Connoisseur, Systemdek, Heybrook etc), and disassembling,
reworking/redesigning tables like the Linn's, the Roksan's and
others (ie. classic Duals, high end Sony DD, etc). Within that frame of
reference, I did not recall seeing a deck that didn't have a ground
wire, for the simple fact that most don't. But in fact, I had a Rega
Planar 2 sitting in my closet that apparently doesn't (I've never
set up the deck, and still never bothered to check it's grounding
scheme, because I really don't care. Dave also tried to claim that I
was an ignorant fool, because I did not know that the Rega I had, which
I clearly told him I never looked at or used, did not have a ground
wire!). The point is that I qualified my statement as "in my
experience". Some rageaholic nutbar name of Trevor Wilson then jumped
on me for that, and kept removing the qualifier "in my experience", in
his virulent tirades against me. Dave Weil jumped in and says he
"defended me", by pointing out to Trevor that I did in fact qualify my
statement. Now here's where it gets interesting....

Later, after those dozens of obsessive messages from Dave, he now
removed the qualifier and claimed that I had said words to the effect
that "all turntables have grounding wires". This is basically what
I've come to know as "RAO-style TRUTH". Although Dave initially
corrected the first poster, he now deceitfully became "Trevor Wilson,
the Rageaholic Liar", obfuscating my quotes.
Dave's experience with turntables? Well, he never said. For all we
know, he has a Mickey Mouse record player, but it's in his kid's
room. We do know for certain, however, that he doesn't even know the
difference between a turntable grounding wire, and a grounding -strap-
(which is normally used for protecting sensitive chips, etc). Then,
when I and ScottW pointed out Dave's error on turntable grounding,
did he turn around and admit his error, as he had requested I do?
Garbage Boy?! Not on your life! Instead, the hypocritical liar
postured, backpedalled, scoured the net for hundreds of examples of
ground wires (NONE of which were sold with or designed for turntables),
tried to redefine the term "grounding STRAP" to make it look more like
a "grounding WIRE". And then finally, he denied ever having said that
turntables come with "grounding straps", and recently changed his tune
to "turntables have grounding wires". That's where the issue stood
until me now having clarified the whole battle from A to Z.

This is Dave Weil in a response to me, trying to mock me again by
deceitfully misrepresenting my comment about tt grounding wires, but
stupidly and without realizing it, mocking himself because he's
ignorant of the differences between grounding straps and grounding
wires (probably because he's never taken apart a tt in his life):

From : dave weil

Date : Sat Mar 25 2006 10:11

snip

Tell us again how turntables don't have grounding straps

DAVE ON CULTU

In another brilliant backpedalling manoeuvre to save face for his
ceaseless ignorant squawking on this newsgroup, Sander start dropping
hints to Dave over a Kurt Weill reference. Dave "pretended" he got the
reference, but it was clear to me and others that he only got it in
"hindsight". Dave argued that because he used the word "curt" in his
response to Sander, well even though it was not a name, had a "c"
instead of a "K", that Dave got Sander's reference to Kurt Weill.

Since Dave asserted that I lacked education for not getting his subtle
clues to cultural references (none of which was true), I decided to
prove that Dave was not the cultural expert he claimed himself to be,
to me and others. One day, Garbage Boy thought he'd be "clever" and
add another such cultural reference in a post to me ("Mack", which was
linked to Weill). In my response, I then linked a reference to the song
Mack The Knife, that Dave thought he was oh so clever to hint at, by
calling me "Mack" in his response. I wrote that Dave's words were
"tawdry". This was a reference to "Sukey Tawdry", a woman in a line in
Bobby Darin's version of the song "Mack The Knife". Just as with
Dave's reference to Sander's posts being "curt", my "tawdry" was
used in the same fashion, also had a lower case first letter, also
could be viewed as a name or an adjective. So it was no more difficult
to get than the hint Dave "claimed" he gave Sander, with his "curt"
reference. Not only that, but unlike Dave to Sander, I actually told
Dave there was a cultural clue hidden in my post for him to get. I then
told him 65 times later, about the cultural reference. Did the
culturally educated Dave Weil ever get my reference to Mack The Knife?
Hell no!

DAVE ON "CLASSICAL EDUCATION":

In a similar argument Dave brought up, he claimed that because I did
not get his references, and merely because I mentioned the words "Monty
Python", this meant I lacked a "classical education". And by
implication, that Dave did have one. (Otherwise, you'd have to be
QUITE the moron to call someone else is an ignoramus, while not denying
that you're an ignoramus as well). Well now.... THIS had to be
challenged! So I asked the brilliant, educated, culturally superior
Dave Weill, exactly who "Dr. James Parrington" was. He didn't know. I
then asked him about 65 times over, same question. He didn't know.
Did Dave, who implied he had a superior education, tell me that he had
never heard of Dr. James Parrington, and that his superior education
told him that no such person was well known for anything in science?
No, he didn't. He fudged, he fidgeted, he hid, he shut his big trap
whenever the question came out. Dave: The correct response would have
been: "Dr. WHO?". Because you see, there IS no "Dr. James Parrington",
fool. I completely made the name up. Nevertheless, researching the name
certainly gave the equally brilliant Mr. Westface something obsessive
to do with all of his free time. I did find it amusing though, that Mr.
Westface took the bait, and spent God knows how long researching the
reference, to come up with "Dr. John Parrington". Then, when I told him
"wrong name", he spent even more time on research, and actually came up
with a name that matched the name I made up: "James Parrington".
However, he wasn't a Dr..... Back to the drawing board! :-)

LESSON TO ALL RAO MEMBERS: The mockery and the ridicule that you so
casually attack others with could very well come back to bite you in
the ass, it has with Weil, Middius, Goofball, Westface, and many, many
others who's attacks I have returned. So in the end, it's pointless
and hypocritical of all of you.

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Shovie. You can always take some
classes in
remedical English to improve your spelling ability. ;-)" - George
"Shovels" Middius

"Shovie has his own kind of spelling. It involves lots of perorations.
" - George "Shovels" Middius

From : dave weil

Date : Sat Mar 25 2006 10:11

snip

[...]

Good doggie. Here, have a Snausage.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Walt

soundhaspriority@blah wrote:

blah blah blah blah & audio, blah his
blah refinement..

blah TURNTABLES:

blah (blah "blah Boy") blah blah blah of
blah blah blah blah wires, and
blah blah turntables. blah started, blah blah that
blah blah "blah experience", blah blah blah wire. I
blah blah blah blah blah in my
time, blah blah not, blah blah blah blah repair
shop; blah blah blah blah hands. I am,
nevertheless, blah blah blah blah (Linn,
Gyrodek, Connoisseur, Systemdek, blah etc), blah disassembling,
blah blah blah Linn's, blah and
blah (ie. blah Duals, blah blah DD, etc). blah blah of
reference, blah blah blah blah blah a ground
wire, blah blah blah don't. blah fact, blah a Rega
blah blah blah blah blah (blah never
blah blah deck, blah blah blah blah grounding
scheme, blah blah care. blah blah blah I
blah blah fool, blah blah blah blah I had, which
blah blah blah blah or used, blah blah ground
wire!). blah blah blah blah as "in my
experience". blah blah blah blah jumped
blah blah that, blah blah blah "blah experience", in
blah blah me. blah blah blah he
"blah me", blah blah blah blah blah blah my
statement. blah blah blah interesting....

Later, blah blah blah blah Dave, he now
blah blah blah blah blah blah effect
blah "blah blah wires". blah blah what
blah blah as "blah TRUTH". blah initially
blah blah poster, blah blah "blah Wilson,
blah Liar", blah quotes.
blah blah turntables? Well, blah said. blah we
know, blah blah blah player, blah blah kid's
room. blah blah certain, however, blah blah blah the
blah blah blah wire, blah blah -strap-
(blah blah blah blah chips, etc). Then,
blah blah blah blah blah grounding,
blah blah blah blah error, blah blah I do?
blah Boy?! blah blah life! Instead, blah liar
postured, backpedalled, blah blah blah blah of
blah (blah blah blah blah blah turntables),
blah blah blah "blah STRAP" blah blah blah like
a "blah WIRE". blah finally, blah blah blah that
blah blah "blah straps", blah blah tune
to "blah blah wires". blah blah stood
blah blah blah blah blah to Z.

blah blah blah blah me, blah blah blah by
blah blah blah blah wires, but
blah blah it, blah blah he's
blah blah blah blah grounding
blah (blah blah blah blah blah life):

You need to get a hobby.

//Walt
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:40:10 -0400, Walt
wrote:

[...]

He has one. Get used to it. :-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

dave weil wrote:
On 4 Apr 2006 16:55:45 -0700, wrote:

dave weil got frustrated and wrote:

On 2 Apr 2006 12:10:43 -0700,
wrote:

About Dave Weil's technical expertise on turntables & audio, and his
cultural refinement..

Good doggie. Here, have a Snausage.

Come on, don't be a sore loser, Garbage Boy. After having showed how
don't have clue one as to how to ground a turntable and that your
technical expertise in audio is non-existent, that your education is
sub-par and your pompous display of cultural superiority turned out to
be a joke when you could not even get a reference to Mack the Knife in
response to a post where you attempted to zing me with one, I can tell
you're regretting having ever tussled with me in the first place.

You're even more fun to troll than most, because you actually think
you're trolling me! You're a born loser, Davey. You can't help
avoid that, but you'd better think the next time about messing with
someone you don't know. Especially when you're not that bright to
begin with. LOL! Have a nice day.

Tell us again about how all turntables have grounding straps again,
little doggie, even the one that you have in your closet.

Sorry to have humiliated you so much by bringing all of your ignorance
about audio and culture to light on this newsgroup, Dave. Here, have
some Kibbles n' Bits for being such a good doggie....

WHAP! Bad doggie! What did I say about you going on the carpet
again?!!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On 6 Apr 2006 08:56:10 -0700, wrote:

dave weil wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Sorry, piggie. Live in your own slop for a while.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Garbage Bag Boy wrote:

On 6 Apr 2006 08:56:10 -0700, wrote:

dave weil wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Oh that's rich. An ignorant pig like yourself, calling me a "piggie".
If irony killed...

BTW, have you figured out yet how a turntable ground works?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

Garbage Bag Boy wrote:

On 6 Apr 2006 08:56:10 -0700,
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

wrote:

[...]

If irony killed, there would never have been a sod like you being
in the newsgroup just to stir up crap.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...56d1537?hl=en&

Your alter ego's handiwork explained that quite verbosely.
You've made it clear that you don't understand grounding,
and by attempting to obfuscate your lack of knowlege by
claiming your absolutely correct in spite of overwhelming
archived posts to the contrary.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On 10 Apr 2006 04:30:41 -0700, in rec.audio.opinion you wrote:

Your alter ego's handiwork explained that quite verbosely.

That and an explanation of his obsession with me.

Plus, he was too closeminded to try my tweak. I know it's not a cheap
one, unless someone already has 4 acoustic guitars as i do, but he's
obviously too closeminded to try it.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Garbage Bag Boy wrote:

On 6 Apr 2006 08:56:10 -0700,
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

wrote:

[...]

if'in irony killed, there would never haz b'in a sod like ya'll being
in da newsgroup just ta stir up crap.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...56d1537?hl=en&

ya'lls alter ego's handiwork explained that quite verbosely.
You've made da thang clear that ya'll don't understand grounding,
an' by attempting ta obfuscate ya'lls lack o' knowlege by
claiming ya'lls absolutely correct in spite o' overwhelming
archived posts ta da contrary.

Damn Westface, you ought to curtail your trips to the ghetto. I can't
understand a word of your gibberish...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Garbage Bag Boy wrote:

On 6 Apr 2006 08:56:10 -0700,
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Resorting to childish behavior since you have no genuine
rebuttal to my statements. This makes an excellent documentation
to validate the posts I've previously made about you.
Skippy fails to prove his point again.
Here's the mathematical statement:
soundhaspriority=failure

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.vampyres

Pimp Daddy Westface wrote:

Garbage Bag Boy wrote:

On 6 Apr 2006 08:56:10 -0700,
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Reso'tin' ta childish behavio' since ya'll haz no genuine
rebuttal ta mah statements. Dis makes an 'sellent documentashun
ta validate da posts I've previously made about ya'll.
Skippy fails ta prove hiz point again. 'S coo', bro.
Here's da madematical statement, dig dis:
soundhasprio'ity=failure

So far Westface, all you've proven here is that you know how to get
your pimp on. Unless you wanna get this translated for me, I'm afraid
I'm gonna have to terminate this conversation.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
Pimp Daddy Westface wrote:

Garbage Bag Boy wrote:

On 6 Apr 2006 08:56:10 -0700,
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You've shown your childish behavior is well developed.
Your forged post lack creativity.
The content of your forged post is your creation,
so if you don't comprehend it, your thought processes are
that much gibberish.
You've demonstrated that your quite a Bigot by this
infantile repetative forging of posts.
Your inability to see a mathematical rerlationship in my earlier
posts in other threads would lead to the conclusion that your
claim to having a mathematics degree is false, or it's from
some diploma mill.
Your tweaks have the same validity as your words.
Prove it by providing a video of your applying tweak #3 to your
own stereo, please include the audio before and after.
You can forge another reply, but the original is always out
there in the archive,just like the rest of your lies.
I see your hanging out with the blood suckers and kooks.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

gets his freak on:

wrote:
Pimp Daddy Westface wrote:

Garbage Bag Boy wrote:

On 6 Apr 2006 08:56:10 -0700,
wrote:

dave weil wrote:

wrote:

[...]

You's've shown yo' childish behavio' be well developed.
Yo' fo'ged post lack creativity. Slap mah fro!
De content uh yo' fo'ged post be yo' creashun,
so's if ya' duzn't comprehend it, yo' dought processes are
dat much gibberish. Lop some boogie.
You's've demonstrated dat yo' quite some Bigots by dis
infantile repetative fo'gin' uh posts.
Yo' inability t'see some madematical rerlashunship in mah' earlier
posts in oda' dreads would lead t'de conclusion dat yo'
claim t'havin' some madematics degree be false, o' it's fum
some diploma mill.
Yo' tweaks gots de same validity as yo' wo'ds.
Prove it by providin' some video uh yo' applyin' tweak #3 t'yo'
own stereo, please include da damn audio befo'e and after. Ah be baaad...
You's kin fo'ge anoda' reply, but da damn o'iginal be always out
dere in de archive,plum likes de rest uh yo' lies.
ah' see yo' hangin' out wid de blood suckers and kooks.

What'd you say about my mother, jive turkey??!