Posted to rec.audio.tech
ricknielsenshat ricknielsenshat is offline

Default Yamaha receiver hookup to LG Plasma TV question

Hi-

I have a Yamaha RS-V361 receiver and a LG PG50 series plasma TV. I
cant' figure out how to hook up the TV to the receiver for TV sound.
I have a Samsung
blue ray dvd player hooked up using and HDMI cable from the player to
the tv...then rca cables
from the player to the receiver for sound.

What kind of cables do I need for tv/receiver hookup and how do I do
it.

Here's a pic of the pic of the receiver -
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/prod...v361/panel.jpg

Here's the back of the tv - http://reviews.cnet.com/sc/32863629-2-300-DT1.jpg

Thanks in advance if you can help.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

"ricknielsenshat" wrote ...
I have a Yamaha RS-V361 receiver and a LG PG50 series plasma TV. I
cant' figure out how to hook up the TV to the receiver for TV sound.

What does "for TV sound" mean? Do you mean that when you are
using your TV as a receiver to view local TV channels over the air, you
want to take the TV sound and feed it into your stereo receiver so you
can hear it on your good stereo speakers instead of the ones in the TV?

If that is what you mean, find the audio output connectors (likely RCA
red and white) on your LG TV and feed them into the input of your
choice (likely RCA red and white) on your Yamaha receiver. Neither
of your photos allows detailed examination of the names of all the
connectors, so you will need to look for yourself.

If you mean something else by "for TV sound" , then you will need
to explain in enough detail so we understand what you are asking.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
whosbest54[_2_] whosbest54[_2_] is offline

In article
,
says...
Hi-

I have a Yamaha RS-V361 receiver and a LG PG50 series plasma TV. I
cant' figure out how to hook up the TV to the receiver for TV sound.
I have a Samsung
blue ray dvd player hooked up using and HDMI cable from the player to
the tv...then rca cables
from the player to the receiver for sound.

What kind of cables do I need for tv/receiver hookup and how do I do
it.

Here's a pic of the pic of the receiver -
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/prod...v361/panel.jpg

Here's the back of the tv - http://reviews.cnet.com/sc/32863629-2-300-DT1.jpg

You want digital sound from the TV tuner and your BR player. Since your
receiver doesn't do HDMI switching, you will have to use optical or coax
outputs from your sources to get digital sound to the receiver.

The Yamaha has 2 optical inputs and one coax input, I don't know if one of the
opticals is shared with the coax.

The TV has an optical audio out.

So, it appears you can get digital sound from the TV tuner and BR player by
hooking up optical outs from them to the receiver. If the BR player has a
coax out, you could use that instead of the optical.

whosbest54

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/

http://www.geocities.com/whosbest54/rmb.html