Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] perkrim@start.no is offline

Default Technics SU-A700 MK2 faulting

Hi there!
Hope you gurus can help me out on this one.
My stereo-amp (Technics SU-A700 MK2) has bees serving me well, for
some years.
Now, suddenly, it has turned silent. The problem started after the
stereo-rack was moved some, and the back again. Needed to paint the
wall behind it. I have a tapedeck, a fm-tuner, and a cd-player hooked
up to the SU-A700MK2. Checked the source by connecting the cd-player
to another amp. Nothing wrong with the cd-player.
All leds are lit as they should be. Can hear the familiar relay-clicks
when selecting source. But... no sound.
How do I go about to check this further?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
David L. Martel[_2_] David L. Martel[_2_] is offline

perk,

It's hard to troubleshoot at a distance. Are the speakers hooked up
correctly? Do you have the speaker selector switch set correctly? Does sound
come out on the headphones?
No offense but I bet it's something trivial so get out the owners manual
and go through the hook up procedure.

Dave M.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

"David L. Martel" wrote in message
perk,

It's hard to troubleshoot at a distance. Are the speakers hooked up
correctly? Do you have the speaker selector switch set correctly? Does
sound come out on the headphones?
No offense but I bet it's something trivial so get out the owners manual
and go through the hook up procedure.

Dave M.

Trivial, possibly. Just as likely a blown amp channel or switches jostled
during the move. OP should check his speaker wires and also the settings of
speaker and tape monitor switches, such as they may exist on his model. With
volume DOWN that is. Wouldn't want to damage the speakers if the problem is
suddenly rectified.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Mark Zacharias wrote:
"David L. Martel" wrote in message
perk,

It's hard to troubleshoot at a distance. Are the speakers hooked up
correctly? Do you have the speaker selector switch set correctly? Does
sound come out on the headphones?
No offense but I bet it's something trivial so get out the owners
manual and go through the hook up procedure.

Dave M.

Trivial, possibly. Just as likely a blown amp channel or switches
jostled during the move. OP should check his speaker wires and also the
settings of speaker and tape monitor switches, such as they may exist on
his model. With volume DOWN that is. Wouldn't want to damage the
speakers if the problem is suddenly rectified.

Mark Z.

Unlikely to be a blown channel, since the OP heard the normal relay
sounds on power up....

jak
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

wrote in message
Hi there!
Hope you gurus can help me out on this one.
My stereo-amp (Technics SU-A700 MK2) has bees serving me well, for
some years.
Now, suddenly, it has turned silent. The problem started after the
stereo-rack was moved some, and the back again. Needed to paint the
wall behind it. I have a tapedeck, a fm-tuner, and a cd-player hooked
up to the SU-A700MK2. Checked the source by connecting the cd-player
to another amp. Nothing wrong with the cd-player.
All leds are lit as they should be. Can hear the familiar relay-clicks
when selecting source. But... no sound.
How do I go about to check this further?

**Check the tape monitor switch. That accounts for 90% of all non-faults,
IME.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Studer Revox A700 Parts Available [email protected] Tech 0 April 29th 07 10:57 PM
Head Cleaning A700 Nobody Pro Audio 4 December 16th 06 11:25 AM
Revox A700 Notes & Questions Nobody Pro Audio 12 December 4th 06 07:38 AM
ReVox A700 parts Trevor Wilson Tech 6 April 14th 06 05:38 AM
WTB: Tascam CD-A700 Ron Wiebe Pro Audio 0 December 9th 04 04:06 AM